Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So.........about swimming in oceans.......

I really hope our sims don't just float around like the pool interactions. I mean I have to keep putting "splash" and "hold breath" in my sims' queue for swimming to even look fun! LOL I hope we get more engaged interactions in this area!

Comments

• Options
    lolzbrlolzbr Posts: 989 Member
    edited October 2012
    Yeasss!!! There's speculation on Marco Polo.
    EA i will be sooooo madddddddd if you didnt include a bunch of swimming interactions!!
  • Options
    CaptainTHPS4CaptainTHPS4 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited October 2012
    I sure hope there's new interactions in the water though I figured if there were they would have been revealed by now. Eventually I'd love a swimming skill where sims can only doggy paddle or breast stroke at first, but then be able to learn new swimming strokes until they learn the butterfly at level 9 or 10.
    My YouTube Channel!
    youtube.com/IronSeagull
  • Options
    jbrechaejbrechae Posts: 142 New Member
    edited October 2012
    oh yea that could be cool
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,537 Member
    edited October 2012
    Found this interesting regarding npcs swimming in the ocean.

.@jadeisallama NPCs go swimming, but they tend to stick closer to the shore, while your own Sims have the freedom to go anywhere they want. RT @jadeisallama

@SimGuruGraham how will it work when it comes to NPCs swimming in oceans? Won't they be automatically drawn away back onto an actual lot?
  • Options
    jbrechaejbrechae Posts: 142 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Yea I just hope they don't just bobble on the water looking bored and stuff
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited October 2012
    I sure hope there's new interactions in the water though I figured if there were they would have been revealed by now. Eventually I'd love a swimming skill where sims can only doggy paddle or breast stroke at first, but then be able to learn new swimming strokes until they learn the butterfly at level 9 or 10.

I'd like to see two different levels of swimming: Fitness Swim (which builds Athletic faster but you tire out sooner) and Recreational Swim (builds Athletic a lot slower but you can do it longer).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,537 Member
    edited October 2012
    By cheating if your raise the sims energy level they'll probebly swim out futher anyway you know the sliders raised to max.

What I can't wait to try is swimming under waterfalls.