Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Thought Expansions were $29.99??

Was this just for TS2? Someone please remind me; not complaining or anything just wondering.

Comments

• Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited September 2012
    not in American dollars

The Sims 2 ones probably were but with the release of the newer "generation" of gaming consoles(PS3, Xbox 360) prices on all new games(PC included) went up $10(at least in the US)
  • Options
    jbrechaejbrechae Posts: 142 New Member
    edited September 2012
    LOL wow! I hope it doesnt go up another $10 for TS4, that'd be $50.00 per expansion! I'd have to start budgeting for EP releases. :shock:
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited September 2012
    There was one that was $50.00 - Showtime: Katy Perry Collector's Edition!

But yeah... I blame the economy, and the people in charge at the very top of EA!

I am a little bit angry with them, because if they turn The Sims 4 into a multiplayer thing, the whole series will die! They apparently think that multiplayer is a big *thing* right now. I wouldn't mind if we could play with our Sims and enter our friends' games when we choose to and play inside of their game live (That would be awesome, IMO! :mrgreen: ), but still, even if that's not how it will work, for some reason, the majority of the Simming community hates interacting with other people, and despises the new social features that are coming out, even though they aren't harming anyone and are completely optional! :?
  • Options
    3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited September 2012
    Yup only TS2 was that price,

I was stunned at first when i first got WA.

now i've sorta adjusted to it but thinking about sims 4 the base game would be what $60!
  • Options
    3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited September 2012
    bunbunnyny wrote:

But yeah... I blame the economy, and the people in charge at the very top of EA!

I am a little bit angry with them, because if they turn The Sims 4 into a multiplayer thing, the whole series will die! They apparently think that multiplayer is a big *thing* right now. I wouldn't mind if we could play with our Sims and enter our friends' games when we choose to and play inside of their game live (That would be awesome, IMO! :mrgreen: ), but still, even if that's not how it will work, for some reason, the majority of the Simming community hates interacting with other people, and despises the new social features that are coming out, even though they aren't harming anyone and are completely optional! :?

Been wanting to be able to go into my friends game for ALONG time and im hoping this is included with sims 4 :D
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited October 2012
    I think they've all been $39.99 for TS3...
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    mcveighjessmcveighjess Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited October 2012
    I don't recall ever paying less than 39.99 for an EP. But it's been quite a while since I bought an EP for TS2, so I could be wrong.

On the subject of the social features. I play the sims because I don't want to have to count on anyone else to be able to progress. I don't mind that they've added the social features. For the most part, I just don't use them. If TS4 is hugely interactive, I will not be purchasing it. I sincerely hope that it's not. But, I also don't know what new things they'll have to offer if they don't!

With the Sims 2, it was the story progression that they brought to the table. The ability to make your sims live their lives and have children that grew up and build legacies was an amazing adaptation to what they had built in the first place.

With the Sims 3, it was the progression into an open world! Where you weren't confined to your house, or your lot, but you could actually walk down the street and visit neighbors that didn't live in the same building! It's amazing.

What in the world would TS4 bring to table? I don't want them to change anything. I don't want them to stop the sims 3. I like it the way it is. Other than the social feature (which again, we already have) why would they change it?

I'm stubborn, lol. I prefer they keep building on this one. I don't know about you guys, but I would gladly by another 10 EPs for this game! :) Even at 39.99 apiece. :)
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm still fairly new to the Sims but loving Supernatural and looking forward to Seasons. I would LOVE it if we could have private servers tho like the old Neverwonter Nights game. Then we could play with just our friends we invited which would be really fun. I would probably NOT like to see the Sims go MMO. So what are these "social features" you all are talking about?
  • Options
    TaylacfcTaylacfc Posts: 2,098 New Member
    edited October 2012
    well when i went town supernatural limited edition was £39.99 in gamestation ion the uk :):)
  • Options
    AvatarBoyAvatarBoy Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited October 2012
    I actually used to think they were that much too, cus it looks like the limited editions and standard are the same price :? but then again sometimes i never look at stuff well soo..yeah :wink: but when i pre-ordered from a site it was $ 29.99, but it was just a limited deal.
  • Options
    MikChikMikChik Posts: 50 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I got the special edition base game for Sims 3 for $120, although that was around a year after it first came out. The other day it was around $30 in EB games... :shock:
  • Options
    BarcaFootballBarcaFootball Posts: 52 Member
    edited October 2012
    I see expansions that are around that price all the time. (although they are the older expansions, such as WA...those expansions were on clearance)
    If there is a way to change my username withOUT making a new profile, please let me know.
  • Options
    jbrechaejbrechae Posts: 142 New Member
    edited October 2012
    MikChik wrote:
    I got the special edition base game for Sims 3 for $120, although that was around a year after it first came out. The other day it was around $30 in EB games... :shock:

LOL Yes i saw that too! I was like "yea like three years later"!
  • Options
    RhiaaaaaanonRhiaaaaaanon Posts: 67
    edited October 2012
    bunbunnyny wrote:

I completely agree with the social interactions, This is the only site i use to be 'social'. I know of one other person who plays TS3, and she just had a baby, so i dont think she will be playing much anymore so a 'multi-player' game would be useless to me. I think its sad how society is pretty much forcing us to be apart of Social Media. I can't enter competitions anymore because it will say 'Like us on FB' or 'Follow on twitter'. If TS4 is multi-player, that means EA will have to set 1 playing type that everyone will have to do. There are some player who like to build houses or create generations and genrations of families, im not quite sure how it would work as a multi player game
    Anyways, thats my rant for today (:
  • Options
    SelinaTriventiSelinaTriventi Posts: 26
    edited October 2012
    I think you can buy some of the old TS3 expansion packs like World Adventures for $29.99....not sure. I'm not too happy with the price of Seasons :( I pre-ordered it and it was $45 with tax
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited October 2012

now i've sorta adjusted to it but thinking about sims 4 the base game would be what $60!

LOL sorry, you think $60 for an EP is expensive? In Australia the base game was $100 and all EP's are $50 and all SP's are $30.. I think THAT'S expensive.
  • Options
    RhiaaaaaanonRhiaaaaaanon Posts: 67
    edited October 2012
    sam123 wrote:

LOL sorry, you think $60 for an EP is expensive? In Australia the base game was $100 and all EP's are $50 and all SP's are $30.. I think THAT'S expensive.

Omg tell me about it ! Australia is always more expensive ):
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited October 2012
    sam123 wrote:

Omg tell me about it ! Australia is always more expensive ):

I know and I don't even understand why. I thought it could have been the currency from AU to US but that's not it since the AUD is worth more then the USD. :evil:
  • Options
    MikChikMikChik Posts: 50 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I agree, I'm an Aussie as well, it is more expensive. :?
  • Options
    crystal91390crystal91390 Posts: 2,882 New Member
    edited October 2012
    But I also heard that a tube of mascara that costs $5 in the US, would probably cost $14 in Australia so it's probably NOT just EA games that are super inflated.