Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glitchs needing to be fixed ASAP

1) Worked a moment ago but not anymore on my main household. The alchem table. I can research but can't make elixers on any of the tables!

2)Zombies that are elders NEED to stop going onto my lots and dying in the middle of the night. IT GETS OLD!

3)Items that you delete from the sims personal inventory will delete just fine but will appear on the ground infront of them letting me delete it again once more for more money.

4)Sims some times can't continue to use items after a certain time. Having you to rebuy the item or restart the household all together...

5)Upgrading the sprinklers magically to "auto water" works for a few watering then just STOPS!

Comments

• Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited September 2012
    mikes1987 wrote:
    1)
    3)Items that you delete from the sims personal inventory will delete just fine but will appear on the ground infront of them letting me delete it again once more for more money.

This one is most annoying. Some items I have a heck of a hard time getting to delete. :( Like pictures. I think they are gone and a few seconds later will find them hanging in mid air sometimes on other levels on the lot. Like one was in the basement and I deleted it and it appeared back on ground floor, deleted it again, it was in the basement. This went on for a while before I just gave up and hung it on a wall in the basement just to stop stressing it. But it does it for lots of stuff, not just pictures. I just remembered that one being particularly fussy.
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited September 2012
    The items being deleted issue is really annoying. Although I realised it only happens if you delete them when your game is paused. If un paused they will disappear normally. :)
  • Options
    DekrRiniDekrRini Posts: 416 Member
    edited September 2012
    While #1 is annoying it is easily fixed by removing seeds from your sim's inventory.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2012
    mikes1987 wrote:
    2)Zombies that are elders NEED to stop going onto my lots and dying in the middle of the night. IT GETS OLD!

:lol::lol::lol: Thank you for making my morning. I would like to thank you by sending you a potion. Which one do you want?
  • Options
    BlooplieBlooplie Posts: 157 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm sorry if I offend you, I realize it ould get old after a while, but I find #2 so funny. Your lot seems to be the zombie equivalent of the elephant grave yard. If you wanted that to happen, you probably couldn't get it to happen. Maybe it's the way you said it, it just struck me as so funny.
  • Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited September 2012
    mikes1987 wrote:

So you want zombies to be immortal?

The only reason they die is of old age or starvation(and that only happens if you have casted the hunger curse on them.) There is no reason to fix that since it isn't a glitch they are just dying like every other sim does.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    MGSFan612 wrote:
    mikes1987 wrote:

The only reason they die is of old age or starvation(and that only happens if you have casted the hunger curse on them.) There is no reason to fix that since it isn't a glitch they are just dying like every other sim does.

He is not complaining about them dying, he just wants them to stop dying at his home.
  • Options
    mikes1987mikes1987 Posts: 854 Member
    edited September 2012
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    MGSFan612 wrote:
    mikes1987 wrote:

He is not complaining about them dying, he just wants them to stop dying at his home.
    THANK YOU! Exactly. I'm so tired of my sims all being asleep and then the music starts. Next thing you know is the grim comes and what happens? The stupid zombie sim dies while in zombie form!! All m sims on the first floor come to mourn. I'm like "Why are you mourning for? You dont know them!" I wouldn't mourn if my neighbor passed away. I didn't know them!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Another issue I have found. Baby making.

I mean I donno if its a glitch or not or what but the 50/50 chance for babies is a lie. I made my sim marry a vamp and she is a witch. I had her get preggers and have girls purposely. Anyway I saved before babies are born. Next thing twins were born both girls both vamps. I didn't want that so I restarted my game. Next thing. I tried it again same thing. 2 girls both vamps. I did this about 5 times all vamps NEVER a witch. It proves that its not 50/50 every time. Its more about 10% 80%.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    mikes1987 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: Thank you for making my morning. I would like to thank you by sending you a potion. Which one do you want?
    As for the potion. I have all the items for a fairy potion but that glitch in my game I can't get one to be made. Her **** children are vsmps and I wanted witches but no the stupid alchemy store is stupid! I'm gonna give taking seeds out of her inventory out a test!
  • Options
    DaletheSimDaletheSim Posts: 430 New Member
    edited September 2012
    DekrRini said "While #1 is annoying it is easily fixed by removing seeds from your sim's inventory."

I don't how you figured that out, I would've never, but thank you, thank you. I was ready to throw my hands up and yell :x "they broke the best part of the game!"

The freezes are really bad still though. That one needs a fix soon.

EA thanks for the zombie fix, you've proven you can fix things. Now fix the freezes and fishing, still waiting for that one.
  • Options
    coolspearcoolspear Posts: 25 Member
    edited September 2012
    The "Sell from Inventory" glitch has further problems to gameplay than just dropping stuff on the floor. You may notice after a while, if and when swapping households, that all items in the personal inventory of a sim have been moved to their family inventory. Nothing to do with keeping seeds. This is a new angle on an old guff. Some items, such as a doctor's medical bleeper, become irrecoverable from the family inventory. You may be able to drop it on the floor, but no way on sim's earth can you drop it back into their personal invetory.
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited September 2012
    mikes1987 wrote:

I mean I donno if its a glitch or not or what but the 50/50 chance for babies is a lie. I made my sim marry a vamp and she is a witch. I had her get preggers and have girls purposely. Anyway I saved before babies are born. Next thing twins were born both girls both vamps. I didn't want that so I restarted my game. Next thing. I tried it again same thing. 2 girls both vamps. I did this about 5 times all vamps NEVER a witch. It proves that its not 50/50 every time. Its more about 10% 80%.

It might be that the occult status is not set at birth, but somewhere during the pregnancy.

My witch/vampire couple had twins, too. Boy and girl, witch and vampire. I had saved somewhere on the day of the birth, and after the birth my game crashed. I went back to the old save, played out the last day of the pregnany again, and the outcome was exactly the same: boy and girl, witch and vampire.
    So I have a feeling that this outcome was already 'set' a few hours before the babies were born.

So if you saved after the game had 'set' the gender and the occult status of both babies, you could replay it fifty times and you'd still get the same two baby vampire girls.

It's just a theory, but I thought I was extremely lucky to have one of each and very relieved when after the crash, the babies were born exactly the same - boy witch and girl vampire.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    mikes1987 wrote:

It was the other way around for me. My couple was a witch and a vampire, and they had a baby girl who is a witch.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    mikes1987 wrote:
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    mikes1987 wrote:

As for the potion. I have all the items for a fairy potion but that glitch in my game I can't get one to be made. Her **** children are vsmps and I wanted witches but no the stupid alchemy store is stupid! I'm gonna give taking seeds out of her inventory out a test!

How many children does your sim have? Let me know and I can help you out. My witch has been a very busy lady. Do you want all your children to be witches? You mentions something about problems with the fairy potion, I can send you one of those if you want it.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I tried to send you a couple of potions, for the witch, and the other for the fairy. When I tried to click on it, it was greyed out, and told me this message,
    "Mikes1987 must have The Sims 3 Supernatural to recieve this gift." I'm not quite sure why it would say that. Have you registered Supernatural yet?
  • Options
    chitbillchitbill Posts: 2,017 New Member
    edited September 2012
    mikes1987 wrote:
    1) Worked a moment ago but not anymore on my main household. The alchem table. I can research but can't make elixers on any of the tables!

4)Sims some times can't continue to use items after a certain time. Having you to rebuy the item or restart the household all together...
    5)Upgrading the sprinklers magically to "auto water" works for a few watering then just STOPS!

I'm glad you posted this, but I swear, I only came to read whoever would post with steam coming from their ears, about how much they worshipped EA and seriously hated detractors.

Then I read about those bugs I have as well. Like deleting a car puts it anywhere, inside a wall, through a fence. I was thinking how dumb I was for deleting it wrong.
    I depend heavily on the auto-water sprinklers, thanks for the heads-up.

I am (ok big guessing) guessing there are many who do not consider these bugs, the way they impatiently point out that all you have to do is never do this, or use that, or save this way.

It's like us geriatrics are stupid for wanting something to work in obvious ways. Not that you're geriatric, you're prolly nineteen, I just meant (o nevermind, I'm rambling again).
  • Options
    EiraRoseEiraRose Posts: 203 Member
    edited September 2012
    Auto Water Sprinklers - I know a fix.
    That one once you've upgraded it magically just turn it on and let it run for a few sim minutes (or hours) and turn it off. It will function normally after.
  • Options
    SimarchangelSimarchangel Posts: 264 Member
    edited September 2012
    I get freezes with SN too, which I never have before. They're only a couple seconds at most, but it's still really annoying! It even happens when paused, or in build/buy modes, which doesn't make sense...

Also can I add an issue with the alchemy cabinets, which magically disappear all their contents randomly? Extremely annoying, and rather besides the point.
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited September 2012
    The only glitch I've run into is #4 and its only been with the fancy SN gothic style bed. Everything else is cool.

RE: #1 You could try reseting the sim before her or she kicks it.
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    ariannafeyariannafey Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    DekrRini wrote:
    While #1 is annoying it is easily fixed by removing seeds from your sim's inventory.

Thank you!!! Thank you!!!! This was driving me crazy
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    I tried to send you a couple of potions, for the witch, and the other for the fairy. When I tried to click on it, it was greyed out, and told me this message,
    "Mikes1987 must have The Sims 3 Supernatural to recieve this gift." I'm not quite sure why it would say that. Have you registered Supernatural yet?
    LOL oops! That might help XD I should do that. But makes no sense. My friend and I tried potions without me registering it nd such.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    chitbill wrote:
    mikes1987 wrote:

I'm glad you posted this, but I swear, I only came to read whoever would post with steam coming from their ears, about how much they worshipped EA and seriously hated detractors.

Then I read about those bugs I have as well. Like deleting a car puts it anywhere, inside a wall, through a fence. I was thinking how dumb I was for deleting it wrong.
    I depend heavily on the auto-water sprinklers, thanks for the heads-up.

I am (ok big guessing) guessing there are many who do not consider these bugs, the way they impatiently point out that all you have to do is never do this, or use that, or save this way.

It's like us geriatrics are stupid for wanting something to work in obvious ways. Not that you're geriatric, you're prolly nineteen, I just meant (o nevermind, I'm rambling again).
    There are bugs still and glitches here and there. You shouldn't have to delete seeds from your inventory and shouldn't have to turn on sprinklers for hours just to get them working again. Deleting items from your sims inventory should delete once not twice or glitch into a wall! These are big problems and they are glitches. I'm shocked a Guru hasn't posted to let us know with a "thank you" Frankly to me it shows they don't seem to listen like they claim. As for the rambling its fine my friend. To correct you on the age thing my friend. I'm not 19. I'm actually 25.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited September 2012
    Be careful what you wish for when you ask for fixes.

My game was running perfectly before 1.39. It didn't cure my zombie problem.......because I didn't have one!! and I now have a host of bugs and glitches that's making it miserable to play.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright