Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have they fixed..? Or are they ever going to fix..?

The freezing?? I'm getting so annoyed at this point, my game freezes for 10 seconds at a time, frequently, and I have used resetsim * multiple times, I have overwatch, story progression, and relativity, and it is not my computer. I have read numerous posts of it being the patch.. well is EA going to fix it or have they already fixed it? It makes my game play not fun.

Comments

• Options
    SeamarieSeamarie Posts: 360
    edited September 2012
    I get this occassionally... removing cache files seems to always clear it up.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-delete-your-cache-files.html
  • Options
    MychuckyboyMychuckyboy Posts: 605 Member
    edited September 2012
    If your game is freezing but things like water or the plumbob are still moving, type in the cheat (resetsim *) Without the parenthesis and with the asterisk. This should reset every sim in the neighborhood. The usual cause of this is because certain sims may have gotten off track with routing. Using this cheat fixed the problem I had with this. If it's different freezing I have no clue! :P
  • Options
    Indigo_OblivionIndigo_Oblivion Posts: 100 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Another thing I would suggest clearing are the DCBackup files. They just mount and mount and mount, and aren't important at all.
    I had near 1000 files in there before I realized I could clear it out and save some disk space. :lol:

Be careful though, don't delete the DCCache files. Just the DCBackup ones. :)
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited September 2012
    The freezing?? I'm getting so annoyed at this point, my game freezes for 10 seconds at a time, frequently, and I have used resetsim * multiple times, I have overwatch, story progression, and relativity, and it is not my computer. I have read numerous posts of it being the patch.. well is EA going to fix it or have they already fixed it? It makes my game play not fun.

fallacy detected. there are more people without freezing than with freezing issues, so try fixing it on your end. Mods help, but it sounds like it's a computer issue. Game is working perfect for me, so let's try and fix what's going on on your end...
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    edited September 2012
    There are numerous things that could cause this. It could be you'll need to reset a Sim (or animal if you have Pets installed). It could be you need to delete the cache files. It could be you're running the game with graphics too high. It could be your game is running out of system memory. Hey, it could be your SPs and EPs may not be patched even though the base game is (this happened to me).

I would check all of the above and see if that's what causing the problem.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Feather91Feather91 Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited September 2012
    If your game is freezing but things like water or the plumbob are still moving, type in the cheat (resetsim *) Without the parenthesis and with the asterisk. This should reset every sim in the neighborhood. The usual cause of this is because certain sims may have gotten off track with routing. Using this cheat fixed the problem I had with this. If it's different freezing I have no clue! :P

I have that all the time! I hope it will work for me too, I'm glad I read this
    tumblr_nabfikC3DM1snecxgo2_400.gif
  • Options
    VinventVinvent Posts: 82 Member
    edited September 2012
    Funny, I once built a basement and after that the game started to lag like crazy, it was fixed with resetsim *

I also started other game when I bought Hidden Springs and sadly the world lagged, not really bad to kill the game but very annoying, I bought lucky Palms and gladly it’s lag free.

I was also very tempted to get pets, but one of the reasons I didn’t is because as I know it may cause lag, so I don’t want to take the risk.