Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

$450,000 Insurance Payout!

So I was trying to play the game the right way and not using motherlode. I'm a witch and I started a fire on my grass and I got a $450,000 insurance payout for that! I am living at a cheap house. So weird!!!

Comments

• Options
    unashamedfemaleunashamedfemale Posts: 92 New Member
    edited September 2012
    OMG it wasn't just a fluke! I just did it again!
  • Options
    ComputosaurusComputosaurus Posts: 113 New Member
    edited September 2012
    My witch made her millions the same way! Tiny 10x10 lot with nothing worth over a few thousand simoleans.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited September 2012
    LOL burn your tiny house down and use the insurance payout to build a mansion :mrgreen:
  • Options
    unashamedfemaleunashamedfemale Posts: 92 New Member
    edited September 2012
    So awesome! I was amazed haha! I had no idea. So much faster and easier then motherlode too! That's funny Computosaurus & mcrudd...I totally just did!
  • Options
    MacyQueenMacyQueen Posts: 2,321 New Member
    edited September 2012
    i keep sporadically in my game getting 50,000 added to my account just out of the blue?! it only happens once every couple of weeks (normal weeks not sim weeks)
  • Options
    reni401reni401 Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited September 2012
    Ah, game breaking bugs. Not in the crashing sense, but it sure eliminates the requirement to... do anything.

MacyQueen, I get that, too. I usually use the Familyfunds cheat to remove the added funds since it's clear that my family was not meant to get that money for... well, sleeping, usually.
  • Options
    MacyQueenMacyQueen Posts: 2,321 New Member
    edited September 2012
    reni401 wrote:
    Ah, game breaking bugs. Not in the crashing sense, but it sure eliminates the requirement to... do anything.

MacyQueen, I get that, too. I usually use the Familyfunds cheat to remove the added funds since it's clear that my family was not meant to get that money for... well, sleeping, usually.

ahh thank you, how do i use that cheat??
  • Options
    reni401reni401 Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited September 2012
    MacyQueen wrote:
    reni401 wrote:

ahh thank you, how do i use that cheat??

ctrl-shift-c to call up the entry field
    testingcheatsenabled true
    Once testing cheats have been enabled, call up the box again with ctrl-shift-c

familyfunds [family name] [fund amount]
    So, let's pretend that your family name is Jones, and you wanted to have their funds set to 5,000, then your entry would look like this:
    familyfunds Jones 5000
  • Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited September 2012
    totally bummed My witch only got only £304.00
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    southern_wintersouthern_winter Posts: 321 Member
    edited September 2012
    Me too! A couple of times my sim family have randomly been given $110,000 with no pop ups saying why lol.
  • Options
    oppzorrooppzorro Posts: 341 Member
    edited September 2012
    I discovered that one myself. I was jumping for joy. Now I'm gonna set my yard on fire as much as possible. lol
  • Options
    PixieStixPixieStix Posts: 1,956 Member
    edited September 2012
    I haven't had quite that large a sum of simoleons just by chance but before SN I was playing a game the way I always do (without cheats) and out of no where my sim went from $231 to $36,542 with zero explanation... and it's happened a few times, it sort of annoyed me because it ruined the whole build up I usually have when I play, but it made her midlife crisis wishes easier to complete :lol:
    LadySmitanbanner_zps7eszqcmq.jpg
    YouTube:Lady Smitan Twitter:@LadySmitan Gallery:LadySmitan
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited September 2012
    This is upsetting for me. I am not happy with how fast my sims are acquiring money. Have a witch in the household and BAM, instant millionaires. *facepalm*
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    LizzyBrdn59LizzyBrdn59 Posts: 52 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'd have to agree, I have a witch had him flame blast the grass, had no clue it'd set the grass on fire, by the time he'd put it out he was 400k richer and I was more than a bit disappointed as I was trying to work his way up legit with alchemy...
  • Options
    ZorgaZorga Posts: 614 Member
    edited September 2012
    This has happened to me too, only it was $499,999

Fortunately I have the Hidden Lakes world, thus the magical fountain which costs, I believe, $500k so I just bought it, activated testing cheats, then deleted it.

Now I'm careful to only start the fire off my sims house (aka park next door)

It's even annoying when the payout is $500 because I like my simmies to EARN their money, and nothing is burnt!

Silly glitches make me chuckle!

• Options
    JonchuableJonchuable Posts: 321 Member
    edited September 2012
    same thing happened to me, although my witch didn't start the fire but extinguish it with the ice blast spell. I got §45,000... that was a surprise to me but then you got 450,000.. wow! :shock:
  • Options
    gabe0199gabe0199 Posts: 1,036 Member
    edited September 2012
    I don't get insurance is it because i have mastercontrol and sp mod twallan.
  • Options
    JaeganJaegan Posts: 21 Member
    edited December 2012
    Yeah just got 450k trying out fireblast in the front yard.
    They nerfed conversion ritual but it looks like Witches to Riches is back in effect.