Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Making Sims from popular tv/movie/books

Sorry if this has already been posted but I didn't see it.

I was wondering for those who have the game if anyone plans on making any characters from their favorite tv shows such as True Blood, Teen Wolf etc...

Movies such as the ever obvious Twilight but I can think of a few other good ones too such as Aaah! Zombies!!, Zombieland, 28 days later, resident evil, underworld, An american werewolf in paris, lost boys, blade, and 30 days of night. I'm sure there are others that we have all thought of too.

I personally read a lot and have some book characters in mind, thought it would be fun to discuss and share if they do get made here.

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,112 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm going to do Harry Potter sims. I will start with the main characters as kids because otherwise I won't be able to fit all the Weasleys onto the family tree. So that will be Weasleys, Potters/Dursleys, Grangers, Malfoys. Also Tonks and Lupin because they're practically part of the extended family. Maybe I'll add Longbottoms, Lovegoods, Hogwarts teachers and Voldemort as well.

Later on I will make sims from Arthurian legend in a different town.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    trhonda2000trhonda2000 Posts: 142 Member
    edited September 2012
    I plan to make my True Blood characters, may do Teen Wolf & Being Human characters as well, but right now focusing on True Blood.
  • Options
    silvertrinketsilvertrinket Posts: 193 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Oh, The Vampire Diaries all the way.
  • Options
    mrsunseenmrsunseen Posts: 88 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm going to do Harry Potter sims. I will start with the main characters as kids because otherwise I won't be able to fit all the Weasleys onto the family tree. So that will be Weasleys, Potters/Dursleys, Grangers, Malfoys. Also Tonks and Lupin because they're practically part of the extended family. Maybe I'll add Longbottoms, Lovegoods, Hogwarts teachers and Voldemort as well.

Later on I will make sims from Arthurian legend in a different town.

I can't believe I totally forgot about Harry Potter lol but good ideas!
  • Options
    BraninBranin Posts: 70 Member
    edited September 2012
    I plan to make my True Blood characters, may do Teen Wolf & Being Human characters as well, but right now focusing on True Blood.

I thought Being Human too!
  • Options
    DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    edited September 2012
    True blood, only because there is so much content out there for it right now. Simmers have already half created most of the the lots and characters. So I can just download it and start into gameplay right away. But in a couple of weeks I'll probably take a stab at Harry Potter.
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited September 2012
    I love Being Human (US version, they are much prettier :mrgreen: ), The Vampire Diaries (my fav. show) and Teen Wolf. So I'll be making them.
    Oh God, you should've seen me, I planned on creating Mystic Falls (TVD town) and I wrote all bios for sims, had all 5 generations of sims (from 1864 to present) gave them all unique traits, relationships, and much more. I also kept one huuuge notebook for writing and changing details. And I draw a map of Mystic Falls on one huge paper (like 10 pieces of A4 format). :)
    Yeah, I'm in love with TVD, and my families must move to Moonlight Falls.
  • Options
    BraninBranin Posts: 70 Member
    edited September 2012
    I love Being Human (US version, they are much prettier :mrgreen: ), The Vampire Diaries (my fav. show) and Teen Wolf. So I'll be making them.
    Oh God, you should've seen me, I planned on creating Mystic Falls (TVD town) and I wrote all bios for sims, had all 5 generations of sims (from 1864 to present) gave them all unique traits, relationships, and much more. I also kept one huuuge notebook for writing and changing details. And I draw a map of Mystic Falls on one huge paper (like 10 pieces of A4 format). :)

Wow! I'm not that good at all of that stuff! You'll have to post pics when you can! Sounds great!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    @trhonda2000 I love Being Human too, can't believe I didn't think of that. I think I'll start with True Blood this weekend, just cause it takes me forever to make 'em.

@silvertrinket LOVE vampire diaries too, that will be great to see!

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Branin wrote:

Wow! I'm not that good at all of that stuff! You'll have to post pics when you can! Sounds great!

I agree, sounds awesome!
  • Options
    StarratsStarrats Posts: 288 Member
    edited September 2012
    I already made a Buffy Summers and a Willow Rosenberg in the beginning of the sims 3 back in 2009 :mrgreen: they are in my studio. :mrgreen:
    <3 My Gallery ID is oOStarratsOo
  • Options
    SimGuruBrittSimGuruBritt Posts: 71
    edited September 2012

Cant wait to see them!
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Cant wait to see them!

Britt! You this is my first time to see you on forums!
    You love The Vampire Diaries? OMG! I love you even more now!
    I made this thread in your honor a while ago (but sadly, Argus is more popular because there is majority of girls here...)
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/558158.page#8953638
  • Options
    Anghara130Anghara130 Posts: 233 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Now I like all the programmes and movies listed, right and well enough, but how come nobody so far (unless I missed it) mentioned my two favourite boys? Sam and Dean Winchester from Supernatural?

They'd have a blast in Moonlight Falls with all those supernatural creatures about to deal with!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Anghara130 wrote:
    Now I like all the programmes and movies listed, right and well enough, but how come nobody so far (unless I missed it) mentioned my two favourite boys? Sam and Dean Winchester from Supernatural?

They'd have a blast in Moonlight Falls with all those supernatural creatures about to deal with!

Oh, I haven't forgot about Winchester boys. In fact I have some plans for Sam... :twisted:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Just checking in to see if anyone has made progress with making any of these characters andwant to show them off!
  • Options
    DJQ1308DJQ1308 Posts: 39 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I have made some of the characters from the TV series 'Once Upon A Time' (they're in my studio) and am now thinking about True Blood and Harry Potter.

Will probably play Once Upon A Time sims as a mixture of the shows Enchanted Forest and Storybrooke. :)
  • Options
    RubysimRubysim Posts: 5,811 Member
    edited September 2012
    Gallery ID - Rubysim
    Pictures of my sims will be on my page :)
  • Options
    RubysimRubysim Posts: 5,811 Member
    edited September 2012
    Bump!!!
    Gallery ID - Rubysim
    Pictures of my sims will be on my page :)
  • Options
    StarratsStarrats Posts: 288 Member
    edited September 2012
    I wasn't able to post the pictures of Buffy and Willow the first time I posted in here. So I'll just post them now if that's okay :oops:

Buffy Summers:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=184927
    bssims3.png

Willow Rosenberg:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=228025
    ahsims3jpg.png

And I also found these 2

Piper:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=137891
    hmcsims3.png

Edward Cullen:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=258377
    rpsims3.png
    <3 My Gallery ID is oOStarratsOo
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,112 Member
    edited September 2012
    Cool sims Rubysim. Looks like you're going for the same themes I have in mind! I made some of the parents for my Harry Potter sims but as humans because I don't have SN yet, but I really wanted to get started. I'll have to turn them into witches and update them once the game's installed. If only I didn't have to wait!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited September 2012
    im be doing true blood charcters.. got plans to do jessica, tara, pam ,sookie, eric, alcide, nora .
    even thinking of making a fairy hang out.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Rubysim wrote:

I really like those and will have to download the Harry potter ones for sure