Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What does this mean!?

"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of the sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them-otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs." I took my mods folder out. What is this!

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited September 2012
    This is usually due to Core mods. Did you change any other files then the ones in the mods folder ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    HeathhaHeathha Posts: 375 Member
    edited September 2012
    Not that I know of. What all needs to/should be there as far as core mods go? What should it look like? Is there any way you can list what should be there or post a picture?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    help!
  • Options
    DaeliaDaelia Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited September 2012
    It sounds like your NoDisk mod may have changed a file... seen this before somewhere. (at least that was the issue last I had seen it...
    If you have mods that change files, it's wise to back the original up and keep note of where it came from so you can change it back for update purposes.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I ended up uninstalling EVERYTHING and deleting everything that had mention of the Sims in it. Then reinstalling. It is running better than ever. The only downfall is the fact that I now need to restart. But that is no biggie. It'll be nice since I'm getting supernatural soon. Lol.