Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you about a messed up lot?

I'm not sure how to explain this as I've never had it happen.

I downloaded a house from a site my friend uses, she linked me the house because I was looking for something for my Gothic sim family.

The house she linked me was perfect. It was run down, creepy, and just all around fitting for them.

I placed the house ona 40x30 lot like it called for but I noticed one thing...the lot had hills or cliffs or whatever they may be. I went into build/buy mode to try and fix it to no avail. I tried leveling the lot, it just left random jagged hills / cliffs including under the main house and the garage. I tried constrainfloorelevation false and terrain leveling which while it worked...the house looked borked...

In the picture of the house the lot is flat. There are no hills that I can see especially the ones I encountered.

I tried placing this house in different cities and each city came back with the same result.

Any information as to what causes this and how I can fix it? I tried moving my sims in but they cannot even enter the house due to the cliffs created...so the house is unlivable at the moment.

Comments

• Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    edited September 2012
    Did you level the lot before, or after, doing "constrainfloorelevation false"? Or did you not use it at all? It behaves differently in both cases. In the default mode, if portions of the house are on hills, and you do a "level lot", the terrain under the actual house remains the same, and everything else is leveled around it, causing steep slopes up to the house. If the cheat is used, all terrain will be leveled, but it may also distort the house. Either way, it's a hard thing to fix. I get the impression this house was designed within a custom world,and the lot/house was tailored for the landscape he/she was working against. I'm afraid there isn't much I can say about it, especially without having seen said house/lot.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    AikeikoAikeiko Posts: 158 Member
    edited September 2012
    I would link it but I do not know if it's against the rules for this site or the site I got it off of.

And I first tried leveling the lot without the constrain then tried with it.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Post some in-game screenshots. =) No need to link anything.

If it is behaving like I think, based on your description, I would suggest placing the lot anew, and then simply use the "Soften" terrain tool to blend the hills into your world. Choose the largest circular setting and the softest effect setting. Then just run the tool over the hills. Do not use any cheats for this. Things like fences, plants and trees will all raise or lower to match the terrain, but anything build on foundations or tiles placed directly on the ground, will not move. Instead, the ground will gradually smoothen out around them. It may take a few tries to get right.

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    OK lemme boot up my laptop since it's on that one. Shouldn't take long.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I edited my previous message. Read it again, and try my tip before searching for the images.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    OK I'll try that first =)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Sorry it's taking a bit, computer decided to act wonky, but I tried the softening and that didn't change much =(, my sims still could not get up into the house.

Here's a screenshot of part of the house before I did the softening.

http://oi49.tinypic.com/kbc8zd.jpg

If you want you could maybe PM me or something and I can send you the house if that's allowed.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    If anyone has any suggestions for a house from this site I could use that's creepy and goth like I would love to see it =) I mostly just wanted one for my new family since they are gothish, and it seems the one I found has issues =( so if anyone has any suggestions for any other houses of that type I will love to know =)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I mocked up your lot based on the image you posted and took some screenshots of me fixing it. I've posted them on my Facebook page, along with comments per image. I hope this helps. Click the first image in the gallery to get the popup thing with the comments.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.442297949147160.97385.100001008759394&type=1