Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing The Goths

Ok here is my question. I am currently playing the goths and i have aged mortimer and bella up to teens because i wanted them to become romantically involved. Anyway mortimers parents are a step away from becomming elders while mortimer is like 26 days away from becomming a young adult. Should i age mortimer up to young adult before his parents become elders or should i just wait and let him age naturally? I really want to get the whole bella and mortimer storyline going but i feel kind of guilty ageing him up so fast.

So what are everyones thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    A4L100A4L100 Posts: 3,520 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Turn aging off for a bit. Like I'm doing.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm never in a hurry to age up a Sim, unless it's a baby. Babies usually go straight from hospital to birthday cake in my game. I don't see why you would need to age Mortimer to a Young Adult. If his parents die, he will still remain in the Goth household as a teen. The social worker won't take him away.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    craigst39craigst39 Posts: 434 Member
    edited August 2009
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    I'm never in a hurry to age up a Sim, unless it's a baby. Babies usually go straight from hospital to birthday cake in my game. I don't see why you would need to age Mortimer to a Young Adult. If his parents die, he will still remain in the Goth household as a teen. The social worker won't take him away.

i guess you are right ill just leave things as they are. I was just kind of excited to get mortimer's and bella's life together started. In my game they are deeply in love.
  • Options
    aleneghan619aleneghan619 Posts: 4,947 Member
    edited August 2009
    Just let it run naturally, thats what i did. I started playing Bella and mortimer once they became young adults and their parents died shortly after. I married them and they had 5 children. The eldest child has now grown up and married, and Bella and Mortimer have died.
    tumblr_inline_movqnq54lT1qz4rgp.gif

• Options
    A4L100A4L100 Posts: 3,520 New Member
    edited August 2009
    In my games they are kids & best friends. :3
  • Options
    MRoss18451MRoss18451 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I went the other way. I let them both go to elementary school, then a couple of days in High School. As soon as the parents aged to elder I aged up both Mortimer and Bella and had them get married. They now have Cassandra and Alexander children.
  • Options
    craigst39craigst39 Posts: 434 Member
    edited August 2009
    MRoss18451 wrote:
    I went the other way. I let them both go to elementary school, then a couple of days in High School. As soon as the parents aged to elder I aged up both Mortimer and Bella and had them get married. They now have Cassandra and Alexander children.

Thanks everyone for your input i think im going to go with MRoss on this one and age them up when the parents become elders.