The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Long Does Your Game Take To Load?

I mean, from when it starts with the EA screen until you are in game, playing.

Mine used to be so quick, however my cc downloading has significantly slowed it down, and make it freeze more often.

I would delete it, but I need it, so...

I timed my game today and it took 57 minutes just to load,and I am interested in how long your game takes.

Comments

• Options
    ewilson1114ewilson1114 Posts: 2,513 Member
    edited August 2012
    57 mins is WAY too long. How much CC do you have? If you have alot of .package files you can try combining them. This usually helps reduce load time.
  • Options
    whisk89whisk89 Posts: 795 Member
    edited August 2012
    I do have a fair amount, but my game used to load within two minutes, and this is a fairly new laptop which is capable of running the game fast. About half are in package formats.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Okay well if you're interested in learning to combine your package files, there's a tutorial here: http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforum/index.php?topic=478.msg3049#msg3049
    Another trick to help reduce loading times is clearing your cache files. Instructions here: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/technicalhelp/slowgame.php
    Just make sure not to delete the ccmerged.package file in the DCBackup folder if you have any premium content from the TS3 Store as that will cause problems with your premium content.
  • Options
    crystal91390crystal91390 Posts: 2,882 New Member
    edited August 2012
    57 minutes O_O...

It takes me about 2 minutes to load up my game, and I have tons of CC but they're packaged together in categories.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Yeah I know how to do that, but I was just wondering how long everyone waits for their game to load :3 Thanks, though :)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Oh okay, sorry for posting such a long explanation then!! But yeah I would say it takes on average 5 minutes for me to load. My computer specs are as follows:

Intel i7 2640m processor
    8 gb ram
    1 TB hard drive
    Nvidia Geforce GT 525M

I think that's all the relevant stuff.
    My specs are more midline (especially the graphics card).
  • Options
    katiesmith12341katiesmith12341 Posts: 34 Member
    edited August 2012
    About 10 minutes :D LOL!!

I used to run the first Sims on a 98 Packard bell. That took about an hour to get into the game. LOL!!
  • Options
    MagnaluciusMagnalucius Posts: 132 Member
    edited August 2012
    It takes me 2-3 minutes to fully start the game. My pc specs are:

Intel i7 2600 K 3.4GHz
    16gb RAM
    2 TB (4 512gb SSD)
    AMD 6990 4gb video

And as for the amount of CC I currently have installed is 6,584 items (and growing) at 15.66gb.
    1396340557_1584_0.gif
  • Options
    SidSid3SidSid3 Posts: 636 Member
    edited August 2012
    2-5 minutes... Sometimes a little bit longer if I went on a downloading spree right before loading up my game :-) But 57 minutes?!?!?! Thats crazy!
  • Options
    AmykaraAmykara Posts: 1,377 Member
    edited August 2012
    5-10ish mins? My laptop is pretty old too and I have cc :)
  • Options
    SLAHP4SLAHP4 Posts: 7,890 New Member
    edited August 2012
    2 minutes at the most. Wow Whisk that's well wow! Well do you have bad cc? If you go to the stickied bad cc on this forum you can find a list. But wow. That's way to long.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited August 2012
    The longer I play a game, the longer it takes to load but never more than 5 minutes.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited August 2012
    57 minutes, that is ridiculous. I'd have long lost inspiration to play before the hour was up!

I have an old computer, going on 7 years old, but still I get it loaded and playing in five minutes or less.

57 minutes though? I'd never play it.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I haven't combined my packages in a while. Maybe I should do that, lol.
  • Options
    Luca222Luca222 Posts: 203 New Member
    edited August 2012
    57 Mins, what!!

Mine takes about under 1 minute. And yes i have lots of mods and CC installed!