Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need a little Help working with CAW lots and placement of venues and other prebuilt lots

glen416glen416 Posts: 380 New Member
While in CAW what type of Commercial Lot should I use for future placement of...
the Coffee Shop
a Movie Studio
a Large Church (how about Evil Hangout?)
The Big Park Venue (I'm guessing I should use The Big Park)
CityHall if I just want a City Hall not a CityHall + Police + Military.

the Tower Bookstore (is it the Large Shop?)
I build a Theater Visitors Allowed in a world and saved it to my library. If I build a Theater Lot in CAW and later edit in game Place the library's Theater on the CAW Theater Lot will the CAW lot be Overwritten or will the theater act like the theater rabbithole, or something else? Should I just Rebuild the Theater on the CAW lot?

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hi, :)

I'm not sure what EA did the the Coffee Shop, I think it's a Live Show but only if you have it set up for showtime. :)

a Movie Studio~ Do you want Sims to hang out there? I usually make it a No Visitors Allowed.

a Large Church (how about Evil Hangout?) ~A hangout would be nice. Depends what you want them to do. I have one set as an Exclusive lounge so they can get married and have a nice party after.

The Big Park Venue (I'm guessing I should use The Big Park) ~Sounds good

CityHall if I just want a City Hall not a CityHall + Police + Military- Again, I usually make it No Visitors allow.

the Tower Bookstore (is it the Large Shop?) ~Visitors Allowed works.

You can add the lot in EIG/CAW and still change the type to what you want. Either or... it's up to you to keep it or change the type after placing- either in EIG or in CAW. :)

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hi, :)

I'm not sure what EA did the the Coffee Shop, I think it's a Live Show but only if you have it set up for showtime. :)

a Movie Studio~ Do you want Sims to hang out there? I usually make it a No Visitors Allowed.

a Large Church (how about Evil Hangout?) ~A hangout would be nice. Depends what you want them to do. I have one set as an Exclusive lounge so they can get married and have a nice party after.

The Big Park Venue (I'm guessing I should use The Big Park) ~Sounds good

CityHall if I just want a City Hall not a CityHall + Police + Military- Again, I usually make it No Visitors allow.

the Tower Bookstore (is it the Large Shop?) ~Visitors Allowed works.

You can add the lot in EIG/CAW and still change the type to what you want. Either or... it's up to you to keep it or change the type after placing- either in EIG or in CAW. :)

Thanks. a lounge for the church, i like it, i would never have thought of that.
    so at the coffee shop i need to set it as a live preformance venue like the karoke bar?
    on the movie studio i'm making my own but i want the sims to be able to work there. i put that big hanger like buliding on the lot and with a visitors allowed i think that should provide employment. am i wrong?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2012
    Actually, setting it to visitors allowed will let them hang out there. No Visitors allowed still lets Sims work there, just not hang out as if it were a fun place. I like to limit them so they hang out or congregate at places I want- such as bars and parks and the restaurants. :)

If your coffee shop is a live venue with the stage then yes.

With the church, I selected the Exclusive because the bartenders dressed nicer. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Actually, setting it to visitors allowed will let them hang out there. No Visitors allowed still lets Sims work there, just not hang out as if it were a fun place. I like to limit them so they hang out or congregate at places I want- such as bars and parks and the restaurants. :)

If your coffee shop is a live venue with the stage then yes.

With the church, I selected the Exclusive because the bartenders dressed nicer. :)

I remember playing with a Studio and No Visitors my sim could not enter to get a job. that may have been sims 2 my memory is not that great.