Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So just where do all these people live?

I am kind of disappointed. I thought when your sim kids met new friends at school or your adults met new co-workers then the game would generate these families and move them into some of the many vacant houses in town?

Isn't that what all the empty homes are for?

But I just have a ton of homeless sims apparently. Very disappointing.

How can my sims go visit their friends if they don't have homes?

Comments

• Options
    SciFiWarlockSciFiWarlock Posts: 5,267 Member
    edited August 2009
    All the friends from school or work that are not actually service sims are already living in a house, you just need to find them and they can be playable just by loading their lot.

Service sims such as maids, newspaper deliverers and firefighters don't seem to have homes.
  • Options
    MedeousMedeous Posts: 1,085 Member
    edited August 2009
    if you are using indie stone to help populate your town, it creates a crazy amount of homeless clone families when you set the import function. I finally had to kill all my homeless off cause I was getting error 13's every other save. :lol:
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited August 2009
    Then if they live in town how come when I go to Edit Town mode they aren't shown as households?

But to answer the other quesiton, no I'm not using the Indie Stone mod. I was kidding when I said I had tons of homeless sims.
  • Options
    Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm glad it's not just me; I thought I was just blind as a bat. When my children meet other kids at school, I immediately look for that family's house in map mode so I can send my kid visiting and make friends, but twice in a row now I've been unable to find a family with that name. I also searched the households with generic names like "single mothers" and "working friends" but didn't find them.
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited August 2009
    Maybe...and this is just a big maybe ... you have to call them on the phone and invite them over? Maybe then the game will think you are serious about these sims and will then deign to give them a place to live?

Or am I really giving the game more credit than it's A.I. deserves?

Next it'll want to play a game of ThermoNuclear War maybe?
  • Options
    Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited August 2009

Or am I really giving the game more credit than it's A.I. deserves?

Next it'll want to play a game of ThermoNuclear War maybe?

LOL :thumbup:
  • Options
    LolsiclesLolsicles Posts: 119 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Some kids are NPC's, and only come up in community lots, in your house (ex: the paper boy/girl delivering your newspaper or the babysitter to take care of your toddler), and at school. They don't really show up on a house, because that's what they are. NPC: Non-Playable Characters.
  • Options
    RetafRetaf Posts: 391 Member
    edited August 2009
    You should have your child phone their friend and invite them over.
  • Options
    Mc1mommyMc1mommy Posts: 70 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My sim kids often get invited to their friends' home after school. I just follow the bus to see where the kid lives. Or, I guess you can invite them over and then follow them home. You may need a good relationship, though. My sims don't always receive a positive response to an invite.