Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

why are they all fat?!

So I'm on the fourth generation in one of my towns, and since I've staunchly refused to download any patch since the first one, single moms are popping out babies all over the place. So I scour the town for some boyfriends and girlfriends for my little ones, I notice that almost ALL of the fourth generation townies are fat. Not a little chubby, but like, if they were real they'd be morbidly obese. Must be something in the water? :?

Comments

• Options
    Subucni524Subucni524 Posts: 1,659 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I've found the cause to your sims' obesity woes.

thsmallpie.jpg
  • Options
    anit1983anit1983 Posts: 886 Member
    edited August 2009
    Become friends and envite them to the gym. If you have a high athletic skill you can become their "trainer" and help them lose weight.
  • Options
    tms272002tms272002 Posts: 686 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yea, I notice that too, so before they get married I move them in and give them a workout :mrgreen:
  • Options
    dathespian1dathespian1 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited August 2009
    ha, you're right. definitely pie. :wink:

about how long do you have to train them before they start losing weight? might be easier to move them in, go to town on their lifetime happiness, and buy them a body sculptor.
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited August 2009
    I only noticed this issue in one of my first games when I'd invite friends over and feed them soon after they walked into my sim's house. Since sims in the Sims 3 aren't hungry when they first come to your sim's house, they'll get stuffed which leads to getting fat. I stopped feeding them and the town has a normal amount of thin and fat sims.
  • Options
    VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited August 2009
    ha, you're right. definitely pie. :wink:

about how long do you have to train them before they start losing weight? might be easier to move them in, go to town on their lifetime happiness, and buy them a body sculptor.

They'll start visibly losing weight from the first time they get a good workout (sometimes the results don't appear until the next morning).

That said, if a sim is naturally fat, they'll regain the lost weight if they don't keep up the workouts.

Even the body sculptor's results are temporary, but if any of your sims already has one (or enough points to buy one), you can put it inside your house and any household member can use it.
  • Options
    eternallycharmedeternallycharmed Posts: 1,030 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My toownie sims are all a little bit chuncky, but so far I only have one really huge one (who happens to be the daughter of one of my legacy spares that I don't play).
  • Options
    RoffeyGleshRoffeyGlesh Posts: 579 Member
    edited August 2009
    Yes! All my townie and pre-made sims are becoming fatter as each generation passes!
  • Options
    Subucni524Subucni524 Posts: 1,659 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I still say it's the evil pie.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    @debra1970p:
    haha, your homes are more like real ones than mine, then. i don't offer them food. the only time i invite people over is when i want to romance them. i promise i'm a better host in real life!

vexingquery- cool! i wasn't sure if it worked that way like the teleporter and the moodlet manager. i thought it could be one of those things like the green thumb or the fertility treatment, where it only applies to one person.

i don't know, i kind of like the whole natural thing, so i haven't used the body sculptor. but when *everyone's* fat, it doesn't seem that natural.
  • Options
    cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Subucni524 wrote:
    I've found the cause to your sims' obesity woes.

thsmallpie.jpg

**** my sim kids for making pies with their little stoves, the must be stopped.
  • Options
    SirTwist1206SirTwist1206 Posts: 56 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Maybe EA is implying that obesity is a real problem in the real world!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Maybe EA is implying that obesity is a real problem in the real world!

I mean, I know it's an "epidemic," but in my game, it's a freaking plague.

also, i feel that evil sim children should be allowed to bake evil pies in their easy-bake oven knockoffs.
  • Options
    CranlyCranly Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I've had a similar problem, but not just as generations go by, but with the 1st generation. As the days pass, the NPC's waistlines grow. Last night, I saw Bella Goth waddling around my neighborhood. That's just not right!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Cranly wrote:
    I've had a similar problem, but not just as generations go by, but with the 1st generation. As the days pass, the NPC's waistlines grow. Last night, I saw Bella Goth waddling around my neighborhood. That's just not right!

LOL! maybe she was pregnant?

or maybe there's a sims correlation between body weight and socio-economic status, but the opposite of real life. because i noticed that all the townies are also rich. i haven't had a conversation with someone in a long time where the "they are rich!" bubble hasn't popped up.
  • Options
    BloodfyreBloodfyre Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I bought the body sculptor but it just makes me fatter :(