Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Multi-venue buildings

I've been using the multi-venue buildings from Appaloosa Plains (Town Hall, Stadium/School, etc.) to freshen up some of my other towns. Other than the fact that the lot sizes are a bit strange in some cases, I love them; I've been able to free up a couple of large lots in Hidden Springs by taking out the spa (using the combo books/spa building) and the military base (by using the Town Hall -- I was also able to take out the Police Station and used the consignment store from AP; it fits a bit weird on the lot but I filled in the extra area in front with a couple of hitching posts if anyone wants to ride their horses there. (I do wish there was a little more standardization of lot sizes in community lots but that's another topic for another post.)

This gave me an idea -- what if there was a way for players to build their own multi-venue buildings, and for non-rabbithole destinations? To keep folks from going crazy they could limit it to 2-3 venues per building, but I'd love to be able and put together a combination library/museum, for example. Gym/spa would be nice as well, but might not work because the spa is a rabbithole...but gym/salon could work. Maybe even multi-venue clubs, like a sports bar with a dance club on an upper floor.
Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

Comments

• Options
    SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited December 2011
    Gym/spa sounds great. And in my mind makes sense to me, after hard work go to the relaxing steam bath or something. I would like to free up a town with some multi-venue : D
  • Options
    jabberywockjabberywock Posts: 173
    edited December 2011
    Great idea! I'd love a school/museum and a book store/café. Gym/spa sounds nice, too. And it certainly would help make towns more manageable while keeping the variety. :)
  • Options
    glen416glen416 Posts: 380 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I've been using the multi-venue buildings from Appaloosa Plains (Town Hall, Stadium/School, etc.) to freshen up some of my other towns. Other than the fact that the lot sizes are a bit strange in some cases, I love them; I've been able to free up a couple of large lots in Hidden Springs by taking out the spa (using the combo books/spa building) and the military base (by using the Town Hall -- I was also able to take out the Police Station and used the consignment store from AP; it fits a bit weird on the lot but I filled in the extra area in front with a couple of hitching posts if anyone wants to ride their horses there. (I do wish there was a little more standardization of lot sizes in community lots but that's another topic for another post.)

This gave me an idea -- what if there was a way for players to build their own multi-venue buildings, and for non-rabbithole destinations? To keep folks from going crazy they could limit it to 2-3 venues per building, but I'd love to be able and put together a combination library/museum, for example. Gym/spa would be nice as well, but might not work because the spa is a rabbithole...but gym/salon could work. Maybe even multi-venue clubs, like a sports bar with a dance club on an upper floor.

:-o I know i'm late to this but, Have you had any problems with your multi-rabbithole lots? i hear others have that problem. i'm building a new world and i'm trying to avoid problems so i just wanted to see if there is something that you do to avoid trouble with the multi-venue lots.
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited July 2012
    The only current solutions to this are to place the extra rabbit holes in the basement or to use the cc rabbit hole rugs from mts. So, you could have a spa, a cafe, and a bookstore on a lot zoned as a gym. The only thing you can't do this way is have more than one non-rabbit-hole-based lot - so you can't have a lot designated as both a park and a library.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    glen416glen416 Posts: 380 New Member
    edited July 2012
    GreenCats wrote:
    The only current solutions to this are to place the extra rabbit holes in the basement or to use the cc rabbit hole rugs from mts. So, you could have a spa, a cafe, and a bookstore on a lot zoned as a gym. The only thing you can't do this way is have more than one non-rabbit-hole-based lot - so you can't have a lot designated as both a park and a library.

I'm Sorry Rabbit hole rugs from mts? what is mts? and how do i use such a rug?
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited July 2012
    glen416 wrote:
    GreenCats wrote:

I'm Sorry Rabbit hole rugs from mts? what is mts? and how do i use such a rug?

Sorry, mts is the mod the sims, a website with downloads for the sims 2 and the sims 3.

The rugs are here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/435107

They allow you to build custom rabit holes without having to stick those huge buildings in the basement. Because they're only rug-sized, you could can have many rabit holes on one lot.

Edit: Looks like they're now also available as doors! Very exciting.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited July 2012

stilljustme2,

It might be problematic since there's only a limited number of sims who are supposed to be on a single lot at a time depending on the venue, and part of it is due to fram rate issues. While this would be nice, if it worked, they'd have to either severely limit the number of sims that could visit these multi venue lots, or they'd framerate issues. This is also probably the biggest reason why they haven't given us multi household apartments like the ones in the sims 2 in the Sims 3. An open world takes a lot of processing power.

I'd really like to be able to build uber bars through. I'd lot to have a combination of say all three dive bars in the same room. I wouldn't want it to allow more sims in than it normally would for a regular dive bar. That way I wouldn't have to build six different bars just for band profession.
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited July 2012
    good idea. I love the multi-venue building and hope that we get more of them in the future.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    wzw1177wzw1177 Posts: 1,140 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I think using high rise buildings as multi-venue buildings will be a good solution, which save more spaces.