Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wanting to build a wedding lot. Suggestions?

I've decided I'm bored of my sims marrying at the beach (as beautiful as the sunset is,) so I'm going to build a lot particularly for weddings (or formal parties.) I'm going to go for a lavish look, an manor and orangery theme, complete with a large entrance, a ballroom to party in and gardens for photographs.

I was going to basically build it like a manor that's rented out for parties, but what would you like to see included in something like this?

I'm going to upload it to the exchange when it's done.

I was thinking of making something similar to my Chatsworth House lot, but with a ballroom, tables and buffet, etc.

Screenshot-62.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited August 2009
    A friend of mine was having difficulties with the community lot that she created. She wasn't able to use the THROW PARTY AT option on it. That is, until she added a second barbecue to it. The lot requires a certain level of ammenities before your Sims will be allowed to have a party there. Not sure what all the requirements are offhand, but save yourself a lot of grief and find out. Don't pull your hair out, whatever you do.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Sketty24Sketty24 Posts: 53 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have the game guide, so I'll have a flip through. Thanks!
  • Options
    maddy444maddy444 Posts: 1,352 New Member
    edited August 2009
    in my opion, the best wedding would be outside, with lots of flowers and a bright blue sky, so maybe add a garden for us outdoor-yz people?
  • Options
    julieexannjulieexann Posts: 704 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Oh, pretty. I think if you made a wedding lot and uploaded it to the exchange it would be pretty popular. Weddings seem kinda ignored in the Sims 3... at least when it comes to objects.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm not sure how close I can replicate it, but I'm going to have a go at something like this:

14.1venetian-web.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I just realised, there's no tabeclothed tables in Sims 3. Boo!
  • Options
    xfunkychick93xxfunkychick93x Posts: 550 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Nice gardens. Especially as photography's gonna be a skill in World Adventures. Take some wedding photos. And some places set up niceley with chairs for the ceremony. And then a big ballroom with buffet tables and tables around the edge. And possibly some bedrooms. Especially if you'd be able to make it into a hotel with WA...
  • Options
    JadenThornJadenThorn Posts: 753 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Sketty24 wrote:
    I'm not sure how close I can replicate it, but I'm going to have a go at something like this:

14.1venetian-web.jpg

Pretty I am very excited about this :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited August 2009
    Sketty24 wrote:
    I just realised, there's no tabeclothed tables in Sims 3. Boo!
    No. You'll have to use Create-A-Style and do your best. Good luck! And I agree with the other poster. Please upload it to the Exchange and post a link in this thread. Thanks!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I will do! I made Chatsworth House in a day, so this shouldn't take much longer.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    u should make some "honey moon suites"
    they should be dark red and brown with red roses everywhere...
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yes, I'm going to add some bedrooms too so it's got that hotel feel to it (even if they can't be used as such.) :)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    IM GETTING OVER EXCITED *yoga time*