Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have an idea that they should have for the updates.

Hi I have an idea they should have for and update.

In sims 2 we were aloud to lock the doors by choosing

lock.... allow household only, allow me only, lock for all sims.

well I was thinking that we should add that on the sims3.

for exampple- Say that I made an apartment complex. then I could move the households in each one and then lock the doors to household only for the sims that are living in that apartment. So you would have just like a real aprtment.

then you could unlock for all sims if you are inviting from the aprtment next door

Well that was my suggestion and I think that it is a great idea. I would like it to be on an update. :wink:

Comments

• Options
    JamPotJamPot Posts: 63 Member
    edited August 2009
    Definately, I keep clicking on doors looking for that option! It would be great if they would be able to bring that option into the game. :)
  • Options
    SimGuru_AurorasSimGuru_Auroras Posts: 256 New Member
    edited August 2009
    [Moved to Ideas and Feedback]
  • Options
    teamjacob10teamjacob10 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2009
    thats what i was doing at first. I've always played Sims2 and when i 1st got Sims3 i ws like "WHY WONT THESE DOORS LOCK". :roll: Then my friend said u cant lock doors. But anyway that would be really good. just so robbers cant get in! :D
  • Options
    queenmoon555queenmoon555 Posts: 178 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah that's a great idea because I have an apartment and they're always going everywhere and anywhere. :(
  • Options
    AquiasAquias Posts: 1,742 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I would like this as well.
  • Options
    SimGirl984SimGirl984 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yea I think we should have that in the update. :)
  • Options
    taytayotaytayo Posts: 92 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i agree :idea: :thumbup:
  • Options
    simsjew613simsjew613 Posts: 62 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I miss that. They should defiantly add it.
  • Options
    NickieakarulesNickieakarules Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2009
    totally. it is such a problem when i cant lock the doors, i cant do anything if i dont have an alarm and a robber comes in!
  • Options
    Corymorrison1993Corymorrison1993 Posts: 161 New Member
    edited August 2009
    With me there have been a couple of occasions where people have just randomly walked in the house instead of ringing the doorbell. Good idea!! Some of the stuff that sims2 had but sims3 doesn't have definitely needs to be added on at some point.
  • Options
    SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited August 2009
    Base Game Sims2 did not have lockable doors. When Uni came out-only dorm room doors were lockable. It was not until OFB that we could lock our sims house doors, and that was in order to have home businesses without customers wandering through the private residence area.

And- multi-household living- as apartments, condos, trailor parks- were not possible until - Apartment Life, the final EP.

I suppose you could build apartment houses- and move your sims in- but the max number of sims in the entire lot would still be 8.. and that with no privacy for your household.

Everyone who is fondly recalling the items and interactions and places to go and etc... from the Sims 2- go back, install just the Base Game.. and compare what we have with Sims3 to what was in Sims2.. then realize.. an EP about every 6 months over a period of 4 years added what you remember as being "The Sims2"..
  • Options
    paco1200paco1200 Posts: 8,648 New Member
    edited August 2009
    In sims2 I don't think you could lock the doors and robbers couldn't get in. When i locked the doors at my house once the robbers still came in and stole my plasma, but I do think they should add it if you want apartments.
  • Options
    AussieSimGalAussieSimGal Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Base Game Sims2 did not have lockable doors. When Uni came out-only dorm room doors were lockable. It was not until OFB that we could lock our sims house doors, and that was in order to have home businesses without customers wandering through the private residence area.

And- multi-household living- as apartments, condos, trailor parks- were not possible until - Apartment Life, the final EP.

I suppose you could build apartment houses- and move your sims in- but the max number of sims in the entire lot would still be 8.. and that with no privacy for your household.

Everyone who is fondly recalling the items and interactions and places to go and etc... from the Sims 2- go back, install just the Base Game.. and compare what we have with Sims3 to what was in Sims2.. then realize.. an EP about every 6 months over a period of 4 years added what you remember as being "The Sims2"..

I agree ... I had to reinstall Sims 2 to a new computer just before Sims 3 came out and I was like, wow where is this, what happened to that, why cant I do this ... In saying that I would love to see Apartment Life in Sims 3 !!
  • Options
    SharkloverPlayerSharkloverPlayer Posts: 2,849 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree about locking doors and maybe will get that with world adventures because it's sort of a vacation ep especially if it has hotels.
  • Options
    SozeriusSozerius Posts: 66 New Member
    edited August 2009

CAN I HAVE A AMEN!
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited August 2009
    I have male/female bathroom doors. The person who 'made' them says they are in the game, but they were de-activated and don't show up in the catalog. I've actually seen these doors in at least one Sims 3 trailer.

I tested them and I know why they don't show up. When my male Sim is closer to the ladies' room, he will just stand around looking stupid, with a 'route blocked' icon until he pees on the floor.

Apparently the Sim is coded to go to the 'nearest toilet' and not look for one that is a bit further away if the nearest one is blocked.

For my own Sims it doesn't matter, I just click on the toilet behind the right door and tell them to go. But all the non-playable Sims will pee on the floor, and that does get annoying after a while. :)

So until they solve that issue, having male/female or lockeable doors isn't going to work.