Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shout out to the best EA Tech I've EVER dealt with!

Christopher S. in Maine, you are THE BEST, and I wanted everyone to know it!!!

I've been a die-hard Sims fan since maybe a year or so before TS3 got released. I really enjoyed TS2, but truly fell in LOVE with the LOOK of TS3 (being an artist and art teacher, the spectacular graphics and more realistic, smoother look of everything really reeled me in).

My initial system that I tried running TS3 on, so I was told by a Tech or three early on, was apparently not powerful enough to "properly run the game". So, I essentially went out and bought a new PC that WAS up to snuff. I've swapped out the PSU, sound card, video card, stuffed it full of RAM, and done everything shy of installing a new mobo and CPU (which, had I bothered to do that, I might as well just buy ANOTHER new dagnabbed computer. AGAIN). Even after all of that, and enough tech issues to literally make a book, this past weekend, I finally encountered Chris... Wait, hold on! Are those ANGELS I hear singing, 'cuz finally I've encountered a Tech that quickly and easily seems able to fix my game issues, when others couldn't, or only made it worse with halfway fixes that often only served to worsen things!!!

So, long message short (just wanted folks to understand where I'm coming from, and how valuable a truly skilled Tech can be), I just wanted to let everyone know that I WAS lucky enough to encouter, FINALLY, a Tech that has gone above and beyond in soothing my frayed nerves, and fixing my wonky game!

YAAAAYYY, Chris S. in Maine!!! :mrgreen:

If you've got a Tech you'd like to give a shout-out to, please add it here! And, sorry if this thread's already been done, just wanted to send out an accolade to a well-deserving dude that has gone above and beyond!

Comments

• Options
    Sam_A_1992Sam_A_1992 Posts: 474 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Nice to hear :) what were your problems out of interest?
  • Options
    Sofonisba7Sofonisba7 Posts: 22 Member
    edited July 2012
    Honestly, Sam_A_1992, there have been SO MANY, I can't even remember all of them! Lots of glitches, corrupted files, patches that only created further problems, audio issues ... All sorts of things. I don't even think I'm remembering anywhere near the worst of the bunch because I've simply blocked them out thanks to the trauma they caused me! Lol!

The problems that I've encountered most when calling in have been agents that simply chalked things up to, "oh, it's your hardware" when my hardware had been the absolute last thing to change, and either the addition of a new expansion, stuff pack, patch for said addition, was the most recent change. I've also experienced LOTS of inconsistencies with advice given by techs, countless suggestions to uninstall & reinstall (which almost never fixed the problem), or promises that I'd receive calls back from the original agent, another agent, Tier 2 or Tier 3, and received no follow-through. Chris has been true to every word that he's said, and has really done a spectacular job of calming me down and fixing the actual problems, instead of walking me through ineffective fixes, like so many others I've dealt with, all while being super professional and almost unfathomably willing to help, even with all my game issues. I'd gotten to the point that I was ready to just walk away from TS3, much as I love the game (WHEN it functions right!), and he's brought me back to it!

So, yay! Chris!