Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

help with custom skintones?

hi everyone, well i want to get better skintones but all of the custom ones i see say replace the default one and you need to delte this default one before you place this new one. What i want to know is where i can find the sims3 default skintone to delete it and where i place the new skintone once it is downloaded?
please helpp me!

Comments

• Options
    aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Read the directions.

The .package file goes into your Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder.

You must delete the simcompositorcache file from your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder. This will cause your sims in-game to regenerate with the new skin replacement.
  • Options
    RenitaRenita Posts: 2,242 Member
    edited August 2009
    You have to delete other Default Skintones, but if you don't have any, then just place this one in your packages folder. :)
  • Options
    happybirthdayrickhappybirthdayrick Posts: 623 New Member
    edited August 2009
    You might be reading it wrong because I have a custom skin tone and I didn't have to delete the default skin tone.

Just download the custom skin and see if it works.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You indeed do not need to delete the default skin already present in the game. The .package file simply overrides the file by itself.

You only need to delete the cache file to make sure the new skin actually appears in game properly.
  • Options
    xxmadzxxxxmadzxx Posts: 126 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i did put it in my packages folder but when i went on create a sim i didnt notice anything different about the skintone so it didnt work?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Did you delete your simcompositorcache file?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    no but wont deleting that like screw my game up??
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It's a cache file. The game regenerates a new one if there is none present.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    o okayy thanks :D
  • Options
    cookie36cookie36 Posts: 274 New Member
    edited August 2009
    oh btw if you want a really great skintone replacement i suggest you dollyreplacement skintones from garden of shadows. ive tried every other and so far dolly´s is the best one because it works great for every body shape , gender, faces and bodies alike. and you dont need to install faces and bodies seperatly but it will install both all at once.