Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

family dissapeared

Can anyone tell me why my family dissapeared? A family I created dissapeared and I cant find them anywhere. The neighborhood was not over-populated so I have no idea what could have happened.

Comments

• Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited August 2009
    Can anyone tell me why my family dissapeared? A family I created dissapeared and I cant find them anywhere. The neighborhood was not over-populated so I have no idea what could have happened.

If you don't have any patches installed, this happens in story progression. Sims move away and disapear. TRUST me, no one likes it. I DESPISE this!
  • Options
    chennywolfchennywolf Posts: 136 Member
    edited August 2009
    This is something that they are working on. Update 1.4 was supposed to fix it. I have not been brave enough to turn my story progression back on to see.

What you need to do is go into your game options and turn OFF your story progression, and then move your family back in. Of course, you lose anything that you have done, but you will have your person back. As long as you keep your story progression turned off, this should not happen.

Hope this helps.
    CWCig_zpsjglmkzai.jpg
  • Options
    Beryl1230Beryl1230 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have this problem as well. I found some of the famillies living in other houses. A family of 5 was found living with a single sim in a one bedroom house! Also I notice that a lot of children have died, I have went back to a family expecting to see the baby as a child or a teenager, only to find that they are greyed out in the family tree. Quite creepy, as it happened to more that five famillies. My patches are all up to date. :?
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited August 2009
    Beryl1230 wrote:
    I have this problem as well. I found some of the famillies living in other houses. A family of 5 was found living with a single sim in a one bedroom house! Also I notice that a lot of children have died, I have went back to a family expecting to see the baby as a child or a teenager, only to find that they are greyed out in the family tree. Quite creepy, as it happened to more that five famillies. My patches are all up to date. :?

Your not alone. I've had this happen to probably, 2 dozen babies/toddler/kids :shock:.