Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game launcher says I have an unofficial copy!

Ok so this isn't a major deal as I can still play, I have my points and Riverview but what I am annoyed about is I spent £35 for it to keep throwing this at me! I've tried all of the suggestions but am having trouble as it still continuing to say it :cry:

Comments

• Options
    eq1984eq1984 Posts: 80 Member
    edited June 2009
    Bump :cry:
  • Options
    ThisIsChloesSNThisIsChloesSN Posts: 35 Member
    edited June 2009
    I got this error as well.

No worries, all you have to do is restart your computer.

It worked for me, and I believe it took a couple of times to get it to work...

Let me know if it keeps doing it :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hmm.. no I don't think that'll work, I've had it since Friday and been off and on loads and it still says, its very annoying!
  • Options
    MatimassuMatimassu Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    eq1984 wrote:
    Hmm.. no I don't think that'll work, I've had it since Friday and been off and on loads and it still says, its very annoying!

I have the same problem and i've tried everything...
  • Options
    MichellynnMichellynn Posts: 39 Member
    edited June 2009
    Did you ever download the unauthorized copy? There might still be files on your comp that you need to delete. Then it might work. Just a suggestion.
  • Options
    ThisIsChloesSNThisIsChloesSN Posts: 35 Member
    edited June 2009
    you could always uninstall and instal again too.. that might do the trick. :-/
  • Options
    sammih88sammih88 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If you uninstall the game then delete your cookies and browser cache in Safari and Firefox (if you use Firefox too), then re-install the game it should work fine.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Unfortunately not, if I had downloaded the unauthorised copy I wouldn't whine about, I'd deserve the problems! I have reinstalled and restarted and cleared out everything I can find, I guess I'm just stuck with it, I don't want to have to wipe t again as I've started making stuff and getting into my Sims story
  • Options
    minbitminbit Posts: 72 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Try this: Load the game without inserting the disc. You should be able to get through the 'zuu zuu' part, and the video before getting the prompt to insert your CD. Insert your CD (change the game to window mode so you see when the CD appears on your desktop). Press Retry.

Hope that helps