Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Showcase Katy Perry vs. Katy Perry Sweet Treats?

I have been trying to figure this out for several days so I'm just going to ask and risk all the police on here lecturing me lol.

Does the Katy Perry Showcase expansion pack include the content of the Katy Perry Sweet Treats stuff pack?

I just bought the Showcase KP and I'm wondering if I should also be buying the stuff pack as well?

Comments

• Options
    tashie_baby11tashie_baby11 Posts: 2,284 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Are you talking about the Showtime expansion pack? If so, then no. Unless I've missed something, Sweet Treats is separate from it.
  • Options
    efcroninefcronin Posts: 1,050 New Member
    edited June 2012
    There is a Katy Perry version of Showtime which tends to cost a little more than the regular version of Showtime. That is what the OP is referring to I think. I wondered the same thing myself. Does anyone know?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2012
    No their totally different. I have both. The KP Showtime Edition has just a few KP items furniture pieces,2 outfits and 1 hairstyle.

The Sweet Treats Stuff Pack has much much more outfits and items for Katy Perry. In addition it has 5 of her hairstyles.

Also the KP stuff in the Showtime KP EP isn't included in Sweet Treats. The Showtime version only offers a few items. Sweet Treats has over 90 KP items.
  • Options
    Jamesmc2012Jamesmc2012 Posts: 1,264 New Member
    edited June 2012
    You know, I love Katy Perry as much as the next guy....but why would they make an expansion pack AND a stuff pack about her....
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited June 2012
    You know, I love Katy Perry as much as the next guy....but why would they make an expansion pack AND a stuff pack about her....

Unnatural fixation? Contract obligations they just can't get out of? They thought we'd like it more than we do? Celeb crush?

It's all such a grand mystery. :P

I have the Katy Perry expansion, and I have to admit that I've got a Katy Perry sim in my game, but...I think I'm just about Katy Perry-ed out now, if ya know what I mean. Time for a new focus, like adding in some more sim interactions -- slow dancing, slow kissing, stuff like that. Time to end the cotton candy trees and bring back some of the fun things our sims could do in Sims 2. :P
  • Options
    Jamesmc2012Jamesmc2012 Posts: 1,264 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Halle_M wrote:

Unnatural fixation? Contract obligations they just can't get out of? They thought we'd like it more than we do? Celeb crush?

I have the Katy Perry expansion, and I have to admit that I've got a Katy Perry sim in my game, but...I think I'm just about Katy Perry-ed out now, if ya know what I mean. Time for a new focus, like adding in some more sim interactions -- slow dancing, slow kissing, stuff like that. Time to end the cotton candy trees and bring back some of the fun things our sims could do in Sims 2. :P

Hey, *I* have an unnatural fixation and a celeb crush, but I'm not making games for millions of people :lol:

I'm in the same boat as you, though. I, too, have both the Special Edition expansion and a Katy Perry Sim in all of my towns. Hell, I had one BEFORE the expansion. :oops: But I'd like to see more interactions (which I suppose we're definitely getting with Supernatual) and more family-centered actions.

But, eh, I've been over on the Sims 2 forums too much lately >.>
  • Options
    PinkSims51PinkSims51 Posts: 572 Member
    edited June 2012
    If OP is talking about showtime, then nope the Sweet Treats are not included in the Katy Perry edition of showtime.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm in the same boat as you, though. I, too, have both the Special Edition expansion and a Katy Perry Sim in all of my towns. Hell, I had one BEFORE the expansion. :oops:

lol, hilarious.

I aged my Katy Perry sim back to the teen years, just so I could play her rise to fame even more, by giving her humble beginnings and a high school guitar class after school. Trump THAT! :P
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited June 2012
    I have the KP Showtime pack. It comes with one KP outfit (it's a green and pink one that the townies seem to love to wear). I kinda like the stage props (they are in my coffee house, and were loaded into the game that way I didn't put them there). But I think if you want the rest of the KP stuff, you probably have to buy the SP. You could go to Lazy Game Review on YouTube and he shows most of what is included in the stuff pack (he doesn't like it though, but tries to give a fair review). I would check out that site and probably Sims VIP to see if the SP is right for you.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2012
    Halle_M wrote:

I agree. As much as I love Sweet Treats I think they should start focusing more on new interactions and I love the long slow kiss idea. :D
  • Options
    Handman50Handman50 Posts: 156 Member
    edited June 2012
    Yeah, I wanted to collect all the Sims 3 stuff after completing the Sims 2 stuff, but this has kinda changed my mind.
  • Options
    krista8626krista8626 Posts: 2,923 Member
    edited June 2012
    I think it would be more popular if it was a Russell Brand expansion and stuff pack :wink:
  • Options
    losticonlosticon Posts: 215 New Member
    edited June 2012
    No their totally different. I have both. The KP Showtime Edition has just a few KP items furniture pieces,2 outfits and 1 hairstyle.

The Sweet Treats Stuff Pack has much much more outfits and items for Katy Perry. In addition it has 5 of her hairstyles.

Also the KP stuff in the Showtime KP EP isn't included in Sweet Treats. The Showtime version only offers a few items. Sweet Treats has over 90 KP items.

Thank you so much that is EXACTLY what I wanted to know! :P