Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A lot of lag.

My computer has been lagging A LOT with the sims lately. When I go through town all objects take ages to load and the game is slow and choppy. The frame rate is fine when I don't move the camera. The object texture load times are awful, when I first go to a lot everything is gray. I have to wait 30s-60s for all objects to load and the game is still slow. The sims look all weird when I first enter the lot. I have tried lowering the settings i have tried all settings on high and all on low. IT DOESN'T CHANGE A THING. I have no CC except defaults and NRASS mods. (As I deleted them to try and make the game run faster.) I have:

Intel(R) core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @2.50ghz 2.50ghz
8.00gb ram
64 bit operating system
and a radeon HD6670.

I have all EP and SP except Katy Perry ST.

Comments

• Options
    Zachemc2Zachemc2 Posts: 1,817 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Welcome to EA's Mac port system - Cider.

Cider is just... horrible. EA has no intention of fixing anything. My game crashes to desktop constantly because Cider only supports up to 2 GB of RAM.
  • Options
    mariomaniac86mariomaniac86 Posts: 107 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm on PC... Thanks though :)
  • Options
    mariomaniac86mariomaniac86 Posts: 107 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Bump :)
  • Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited June 2012
    Hi,

If you have not done so already, try clearing your cache files before relaunching the game. This is especially true when adding or removing custom content from the game, including any scripting mods. The following cache files can be found in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3:

CASPartCache.package
    CompositorCache.package
    ScriptCache.package
    SimCompositorCache.package

If you have a WorldCaches folder, delete the contents of that folder.

Deleting the cache files should force the game to reload the most current graphics and script data in a pristine state. It is perfectly safe to delete the cache files as the game will automatically regenerate them each time.

Since the cache files are stored on the hard disk, performing a defrag is also recommended. This will help keep the hard disk operating at maximum capacity while playing the game.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    jwghostjwghost Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited June 2012
    resetSim*