Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pretty CC or a Fast game?

I have 3 hairs that I installed that have no label on them so I am sorting through all of the stuff I have and organizing my folder. I moved most of the cc except mods and a couple of hairs to a "test" folder so I can figure out which hair it is. I don't have that much, but probably about 60 hairs, a few pieces of clothes, and makeup.

Wow..What a difference it made! lol

Is all the CC worth it to you or would you rather have a fast game?

edit:
I mean I had slight lag and it took only 5-6 minutes to get to play a family, but when I took most of the CC out it zipped right into to CAS and to edit town with no waiting.

I found the hairs I didn't like and deleted them. Now it's going faster. Maybe it was those 3 hairs causing the lag and slowing it down.

Comments

• Options
    SimNajaSimNaja Posts: 429 Member
    edited June 2012
    I think it is a difficult question.

I hate the hair from the game, but i really also want a fast game..

If just EA would make some pretty hairstyles
  • Options
    RAE2786RAE2786 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I have quite a bit of CC and don't experience any problems or lag. I do have long loading times though, but there's no way I can play without them.

I'm guessing you have a lot of separate .package files? If so, your game will lag, that's why I prefer sims3pack files as you don't need to merge it yourself with S3pe and you get to see the thumbnails. I don't know who decided having hair and objects in .package files is a good idea! We all know they do transfer through the exchange. That's so many nice hair at mts and peggyzone but I hate re-merging every time I want to remove a few items. End of rant LOL :mrgreen:
  • Options
    GizmonicInstituteGizmonicInstitute Posts: 1,551 New Member
    edited June 2012
    CC is worth a little lag.
  • Options
    XKidsInLoveXXKidsInLoveX Posts: 4,910 Member
    edited June 2012
    RAE2786 wrote:
    I have quite a bit of CC and don't experience any problems or lag. I do have long loading times though, but there's no way I can play without them.

I'm guessing you have a lot of separate .package files? If so, your game will lag, that's why I prefer sims3pack files as you don't need to merge it yourself with S3pe and you get to see the thumbnails. I don't know who decided having hair and objects in .package files is a good idea! We all know they do transfer through the exchange. That's so many nice hair at mts and peggyzone but I hate re-merging every time I want to remove a few items. End of rant LOL :mrgreen:
    Yeah my game takes 2 or 3 minutes to load but after that its fast and all good. But yeah, i like sims3 packs too, although, merging packages inst hard whatsoever imo :)
    I have over 1000 pieces of cc :P
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited June 2012
    RAE2786 wrote:

People who have launcher problems probably can only use CC that's in .package format just because their launcher won't load properly in order to install it.

There are pros and cons to each file type. And some creators do provide their files in both formats.

.package files are just "plug and play." You don't have to remember to install them. However, the game can only read so many of them before it lags, even if your computer is top of the line.

.sims3packs do not have a limit on number before any computer will lag due to number that the .package files do, but you have to remember to install them through the launcher before they'll show up in game, which also requires a working launcher.
  • Options
    Zachemc2Zachemc2 Posts: 1,817 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Doesn't matter to me. The game crashes so much with Cider that I barely even play it. But I'd have to go with fast game with little CC, because at times loading can be intolerable.
  • Options
    angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited June 2012
    I'd rather have a faster game. I mainly use clothes and hair CC anyway.
  • Options
    RAE2786RAE2786 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I do have quite a bit of CC in merged package files. But I still prefer sims3pack cause S3pe takes sooo long to merge them, even if they're under 100MB and I'm someone that likes to remove and add new CC every now and then.

I hope MTS will at least start offering a sims3pack option for future objects, hair and clothing. I tried converting older package files to sims3pack with workshop but keep getting errors :( .
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited June 2012
    Oddly, my game is faster since using CC :?
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    asterravosasterravos Posts: 3,415 Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm greedy and want both. I don't think I'd play the game if I didn't at least have CAS CC. I hate EA hairs. I really enjoy making sims so part of my game enjoyment is dependent on CC.

I could give up build/buy mode CC to get a faster game though, luckily I don't have to. I'm 5.7GB into the CC hole and don't have any lag at all. My buy mode is starting to anger me though. I can never find what I want and the pictures are too small to begin with with my resolution.
  • Options
    krista8626krista8626 Posts: 2,923 Member
    edited June 2012
    CC is worth a little lag.
    I think so. I just get impatient sometimes. lol
  • Options
    megan_mariamegan_maria Posts: 645 Member
    edited June 2012
    I only have two CC hairstyles and that's it. I prefer a fast game :wink::D
  • Options
    RawrGoesTheCatRawrGoesTheCat Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited June 2012
    What's the point in having pretty hair if it takes your sim ten minutes to get to a mirror? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Doons99PDoons99P Posts: 908 Member
    edited June 2012
    Every now and then I accidentally install sims 2 cc into my game. Iit really slows the game down. I use Delphy's dashboard tool to find the files and delete them. You can find it at mod the sims - http://www.modthesims.info/d/387006
  • Options
    Shadowninja2Shadowninja2 Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited June 2012
    I have it good on both sides. I have lots of CC and my game runs top notch with the graphic settings maxed out. I have a powerful PC.
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited June 2012
    I have a boatload of CC and I really don't find the lag too terribly annoying. I can play quite easily with it and my sims look good at the same time. So I'd say pretty CC > fast game because it's easier for me to get used to a little sluggishness than get used to not having CC.
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited June 2012
    I'd rather have a fast game.
    I was a cc junkie in TS2. With the create a stle, I just didn't see the need for cc so I never learned to install it. Ignorance is bliss. :lol:
  • Options
    cou2790cou2790 Posts: 698 Member
    edited June 2012
    I used to have cc in my game when I just had the base game then I started getting expansion packs so I don't use cc anymore it seems complicated to put cc in your game now sssoo fast game.
  • Options
    Cate_0014Cate_0014 Posts: 765 New Member
    edited June 2012
    i much prefer a fast game, no CC when i play sims on my laptop
  • Options
    Cookie_Jar3Cookie_Jar3 Posts: 137 New Member
    edited June 2012
    A fast game over CC cuz of u get some expansion packs and stuf packs u have a decent amount of everything
  • Options
    Sunflower227Sunflower227 Posts: 3,644 Member
    edited June 2012
    I had almost 4 MB of CC (all hair/clothing/accessories/makeup) and it started to take it's toll on me when I took a sim into CAS and it took FOREVER to sort through all the hairs, earrings etc.

It wasn't worth it to me.

I still use default skins/eyes and makeup, but removed all CC hairs. Took some getting used to EA's textures again but I'm not sorry I went back. I own all EP's SP's (except KPST) and pretty much everything in the store so I do have quite the variety still. If I weren't lucky enough to own almost all EA options, I'd probably still be using CC hairs. :wink:
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited June 2012
    Fast game. I don't use CC OR mods since it started screwing up my TS2 game.
  • Options
    schyisloveschyislove Posts: 617 New Member
    edited June 2012
    what if you don't have any custom content but still don't have a fast game? what do you do then? :(
  • Options
    BBBananasBBBananas Posts: 118 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Fast game. I love a little CC, but I absolutely can't handle lag.
  • Options
    jwghostjwghost Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited June 2012
    good question, now I'm without cc only store items and it's very faster the textures are always loaded no need to load.
    but I've backed up my mods folder, I'll put it back I want my skins again, and my mods too ):
    pretty cc is my answer