Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I feel certain that there will be more destinations...

I feel almost sure that there will be more destinations. Remember Riverview, guys? It was an online incentive offered, for free, to people who bought the game legally and registered online.

So I have a good feeling that EA will release at least one more exotic destination in the store just to keep people coming to this website to push their products. It seems like a really good advertizing move, and since nobody knew anything about Riverview until just a few months before the release, they could certainly whip together another destination since they've been working on this expansion pack for a while.

So let's stay positive and get ready for some great new gaming! :)

Comments

• Options
    xlilcip15xxlilcip15x Posts: 249 New Member
    edited August 2009
    maybe there were only three destinations because they're PACKED with content... lol, maybe?
  • Options
    FaellenFaellen Posts: 154 New Member
    edited August 2009
    mhavril39 wrote:
    I feel almost sure that there will be more destinations. Remember Riverview, guys? It was an online incentive offered, for free, to people who bought the game legally and registered online.

I was thinking the same thing actually, it would make sense. If they do then I personally am hoping to see italy! ^^
  • Options
    xlilcip15xxlilcip15x Posts: 249 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Italy would be awesome!!
  • Options
    Devi69Devi69 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Transylvania <3 vampires and werewolfs :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MilanGajjarMilanGajjar Posts: 73 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Italy, India, Africa!
  • Options
    Slit518Slit518 Posts: 643 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Maybe Hawaii with volcanoes :shock: Or how about Ireland with Leprechauns?
  • Options
    SimohollickSimohollick Posts: 1,093 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Considering there's a kilt , and "Royal-esk" slipper, in the store I'd have to guess Britain (England, Ireland, Wales, Scotland) or UK which would be a blur of all four.
  • Options
    chekaschekas Posts: 31 New Member
    edited August 2009
    If it's a destination offered via free download, I think it may be somewhere where the architecture has similarities with what is already offered in the expansion pack. Remember how Riverview uses much of what is in Sunset Valley? One possibility is offering Japan as the download, since it has architectural similarities with China, and yet is quite different. I guess it is more economical for EA to do this?
  • Options
    marie25marie25 Posts: 488 New Member
    edited August 2009
    there might be more i read in a interview you can find here http://www.gameguru.in/simulations/2009/04/the-sims-3-world-adventures-to-ship-in-november-ea/

read the bootum were she is saying were you can vist like france, china, egypt and many more?
  • Options
    derykrenalnderykrenaln Posts: 538 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I heard RUMOR of NYC and Japan, but nothing that I've read confirmed from EA sources. Can't find the post it was in now.

:roll:
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited August 2009
    I heard RUMOR of NYC and Japan, but nothing that I've read confirmed from EA sources. Can't find the post it was in now.

:roll:

Heh NYC would be quite the challenge with all the scyscrapers and all I could only imagine a Sims version of the BiG Apple would end up looking woefully pathetic.

I think the OP may be on to something though.....it wouldn't surprise me to see them selling mini expansions in the form of new hoods in the store at some point.

• Options
    Robodl95Robodl95 Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited August 2009
    A new vacation spot would be alot different than just adding riverveiw, Each place has different collectables, NPC's new objects and build styles and stuff like that I doubt they would add one through the store who knows though
  • Options
    SeascapeSeascape Posts: 2,359 Member
    edited August 2009
    Oooh! This would be great! I am all for Italy (Venice with the boats on the canal - can they do that?) or Africa and love the Hawaii idea - we need a tropical location - hot tubs and spas and volcanoes.

Sigh. Or else I just really need to go on vacation myself! :shock:
  • Options
    derykrenalnderykrenaln Posts: 538 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Seascape wrote:
    Oooh! This would be great! I am all for Italy (Venice with the boats on the canal - can they do that?) or Africa and love the Hawaii idea - we need a tropical location - hot tubs and spas and volcanoes.

Sigh. Or else I just really need to go on vacation myself! :shock:

Hawaii or a S Pacific-based area would be pretty sweet. I think an African safari would just be the amazing, with an African village and Mt. Kilimanjaro in the background. Maybe with a farm EP we could actually have a farm in Africa with wild animals about.
  • Options
    AbintraAbintra Posts: 454 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Italy, India, Africa!

..A whole continent? ;)

Anyway, I'd definitely like if they also added Iceland, Denmark and Russia.
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, safaris in Congo (or Côte d'Ivoire) could be cool! You could be eaten by a lion!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited August 2009
    Well, considering they appear to be doing continents - Egypt on the continent of Africa, China on the continent of Asia and France on the continent of Europe - IF they were going to include another destination, my guess is that it would be on another continent such as Australia (Aboriginals) or South America/Central America (Incas or Mayans) due to their cultures. There's not much to do in Antarctica and North America would be like Sunset Valley & Riverview. My guess would be South America/Central America.

Edited for typos :oops:
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Options
    ScarlettScarlett Posts: 796 Member
    edited August 2009
    I think if they did, they would do a tropical place.