Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what does error trap mod do?

im wanting to get the mod but im not sure what it does pacifically, what does it do?
i have 2 mods now, a no memories mod and the over watch mod thanks :D

Comments

• Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited June 2012
    Error Trap resets your sims when they are stuck in a place that's closed. It retrieves all other sims and sends them home.

For example, say your sim runs a daycare. One of the toddlers doesn't get picked up. In the middle of the night, Error Trap will reset that toddler back to where they should be.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    kristenwoodskristenwoods Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited June 2012
    ErnesaT wrote:
    Error Trap resets your sims when they are stuck in a place that's closed. It retrieves all other sims and sends them home.

For example, say your sim runs a daycare. One of the toddlers doesn't get picked up. In the middle of the night, Error Trap will reset that toddler back to where they should be.

so if the sims are stuck, it resets them. what about sims in the club?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    also can this mod help load my game faster?
  • Options
    PandacoffeePandacoffee Posts: 702 Member
    edited June 2012
    It can keep your saves from becoming corrupt. That's what I use it for :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    It can keep your saves from becoming corrupt. That's what I use it for :mrgreen:

what does that mean? sorry im like slow 2day
  • Options
    SiminoidSiminoid Posts: 961 New Member
    edited June 2012

Whoa really? I'm gonna have to download this then... :)
  • Options
    VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited June 2012

what does that mean? sorry im like slow 2day

When your save becomes corrupt, it becomes a crashy mess and you can't play it anymore.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    so it will keep my game clean and help it load faster?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    any1, yes no maybe so?
  • Options
    KayzaPlyrKayzaPlyr Posts: 215 Member
    edited June 2012
    From http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap it says that "This mod's purview is save-game cleanup and error reporting."

Since having it, I find that it will reset any sims that get stuck, make sure they age up at the right time and just generally keep your game running like it should. It's definitely a must and I couldn't do without it now. Hope this helped :D
  • Options
    DancingK8DancingK8 Posts: 395 Member
    edited June 2012
    It can catch glitches and errors in the game that could potentially mess up your save file, and then it fixes them or resets whatever is causing the problem. So, yes, it does prevent your save files from becoming corrupted. I'm really not sure about making the game load faster...as far as I'm aware, it doesn't do that. If you want to know exactly how it works, you'd probably have to ask twallan :P
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    thanks everyone, just hope it dosent mess up aging, i have it turned off, but ill give it a try
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    where would i place this mod?
  • Options
    Zachemc2Zachemc2 Posts: 1,817 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Whoa. I didn't know that. Downloading right now...
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited June 2012
    Ummmm. How about the same place you have the other two you said you have installed. :wink:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited June 2012
    I thought overwatch was the one that reset stuck sims and such... :? Maybe I'm mistaken.
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited June 2012

In your mods folder.
  • Options
    knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited June 2012
    blunote00 wrote:
    Ummmm. How about the same place you have the other two you said you have installed. :wink:

:lol: LOL