Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are we nearing the end?

Two stuff packs released close together, two new worlds being released fairly close together, new EP coming out with option to make your own new life forms instead of looking for them and having to befriend them before you can get them into your households, store deals offered several times a day instead of once in 24 hours...

Does it seem to you that they are throwing an awful lot of new stuff at us all at once? I think maybe EA is winding down TS3, bringing it to a conclusion, cleaning house before (dare I say it?) bringing on The Sims 4. :shock:

Or not. I've been wrong before. Just wondering is all... :mrgreen:
Signature.jpg

Comments

• Options
    asterravosasterravos Posts: 3,415 Member
    edited June 2012
    It's generally accepted that there will be 10 EPs and 10 SPs, although we haven't had official word from EA. I don't even remember where that rumor started.
  • Options
    SiminoidSiminoid Posts: 961 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Who knows... They might be, or they might not be. The assumption is that there will be 8 expansions and then it will be on to Sims 4, which means Supernatural and then another, but in reality EA reserved 10 domains for expansions so we could technically have another year or so of Sims 3 reigning. I sure hope they're not winding it down... I don't want to move on to Sims 4 yet. :lol:
  • Options
    Jamesmc2012Jamesmc2012 Posts: 1,264 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I'd give it about two years until they start moving things towards a Sims 4 direction. Don't start the migration just yet ;P
  • Options
    Zachemc2Zachemc2 Posts: 1,817 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I'd give it about two years until they start moving things towards a Sims 4 direction. Don't start the migration just yet ;P

Yep. Early to mid 2014 seems the most probable date.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited June 2012
    The other 2 ran for 4 years.

Last time around, Simcity Societies was announced and promoted and then it wasn't too long after that release that TS3 was announced, if I remember correctly.

I think we should look for ts4 announcement after the new simcity is released. It will probably be a year or so after it is announced that it will be in our hot little hands.

Before this game was released, EA invited a bunch of creators from many of the fan sites to come and play it to give them feed back. After that, the game was delayed for a while, which I'm grateful for, it gave EA good insight to hear what real simmers thought of it. I hope they do that again.

It's not long off, not in the unforeseeable future. I think announcement is right around the corner. Say mid winter next year. That's my guess anyway.

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited June 2012
    windweaver wrote:

Last time around, Simcity Societies was announced and promoted and then it wasn't too long after that release that TS3 was announced, if I remember correctly.

I think we should look for ts4 announcement after the new simcity is released. It will probably be a year or so after it is announced that it will be in our hot little hands.

Before this game was released, EA invited a bunch of creators from many of the fan sites to come and play it to give them feed back. After that, the game was delayed for a while, which I'm grateful for, it gave EA good insight to hear what real simmers thought of it. I hope they do that again.

It's not long off, not in the unforeseeable future. I think announcement is right around the corner. Say mid winter next year. That's my guess anyway.

I'm wondering how the timing of the next Xbox and PlayStation Consoles are factoring in. If EA can time it so they make extra money off TS3 and be in a good position for developing a version of TS4 for next generation consoles, I believe they would do so. Uni, Seasons, and a brand new EP theme would wrap up the series nicely for me.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    wzw1177wzw1177 Posts: 1,140 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Actually, since TS3 was released, we're always nearing the end of TS3 day by day. 8)
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited June 2012
  • Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited June 2012
    wzw1177 wrote:
    Actually, since TS3 was released, we're always nearing the end of TS3 day by day. 8)

This is actually true. xD

I was discussing this with some friends earlier, and one of them said it might be because the dates would clash with SimCity's release date, because if they're not both competing for the OMG SHINY, then they'll both likely sell better.

I don't know. Things ARE suspicious, but if you've been around I & F, you'll know that Magic V Seasons is huge, and everyone hates each other. It could be their way of pacifying the Seasons community in an effort to prevent them from up and leaving the franchise.

With the recent... additions the forum has gotten in light of ST and KPST, clearly their marketing worked, since new people are joining and buying the game. I don't think the end is nigh as of yet, though it is coming quicker than expected.
  • Options
    Master_SteerpikeMaster_Steerpike Posts: 266 Member
    edited June 2012
    EA registered a web domain for Sims 4 back in June 2010.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/262219/ea-registers-the-sims-4-website/

• Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited June 2012
    CK213 wrote:
    I'm wondering how the timing of the next Xbox and PlayStation Consoles are factoring in. If EA can time it so they make extra money off TS3 and be in a good position for developing a version of TS4 for next generation consoles, I believe they would do so. Uni, Seasons, and a brand new EP theme would wrap up the series nicely for me.

Yeah, I think those new consoles are definitely a factor. If EA can find a way to make TS4 work just as well on next-gen consoles as it does on PCs, they could sell a lot more games...
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited June 2012
    CK213 wrote:
    windweaver wrote:

why wait that long when the wii u comes out at the end of the year so ea can release a wii u version and port them to the other consoles later
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    EA registered a web domain for Sims 4 back in June 2010.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/262219/ea-registers-the-sims-4-website/

That doesn't mean anything. Nor does it mean anything they registered Sims 10. It's not a confirmation, and honestly, it's a bogus thing with a lot of holes if anyone uses it as a confirmation. Who's to say EA won't go bankrupt or something? The only reason that they're registered is to prevent other people from registering them. Keep in mind if you googled The Sims 4 Preorder, and a fake site popped up and took $60 out of your account, it'd be a scam since there IS no TS4 atm.

tl;dr it's to make sure they can get them later.
  • Options
    crimrosecrimrose Posts: 401 New Member
    edited June 2012
    ^Well, it's not really supposed to be confirmation, is it? It's a rumour and that's why people think it might be true.

And I seriously doubt EA will ever go bankrupt. The money they generate from the Sims franchise alone could probably keep them going. :lol:

Anyway, I would bet there are at least a couple more EPs to go. I'd predict 2014 for TS4, maybe even 2015.
  • Options
    PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited June 2012
    crimrose wrote:
    ^Well, it's not really supposed to be confirmation, is it? It's a rumour and that's why people think it might be true.

And I seriously doubt EA will ever go bankrupt. The money they generate from the Sims franchise alone could probably keep them going. :lol:

Anyway, I would bet there are at least a couple more EPs to go. I'd predict 2014 for TS4, maybe even 2015.
    even than they own many other game francises so even if this one ends they still make money
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Well, it wouldn't really keep them open for long.. IIRC, Sims is one of their smallest markets. I mean, they've made Madden for how long? Plus, with all the others that I don't even WANT to think about.. Bankruptcy was an example. I don't think if they go down, it'll be for a loooong time, assuming the economy doesn't go even further down the drain.

Eh, I've heard people say "well they bought the domain so it HAS to be true!"
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited June 2012
    CK213 wrote:
    windweaver wrote:

Hi,
    Were the consoles an issue last time? I don't really pay much attention to those. I do have a ps3 but rarely play it. PC has much better graphics, so I don't bother much. Anyway, it's just a guess.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8