Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Imaginary Friends V 2.0

Well, seeing as EA moved my thread and I can't exactly find it, I'm going to go ahead and ask this question again: Can you continue playing with the Imaginary Friend in the hopes that it will "come to life" as a child if you didn't play with it enough to make it "come to life" as a toddler?

This is a simple question, EA. Please don;t move my questions to places where they shouldn't be. This is General Discussion. Ergo, generally everything concerning The Sims fits into the category. Also, let's not forget the precisely 30-40 minutes it took for you to get rid of the troll earlier today. Funny how fast my thread was moved though, hm? :P

Anywho, I'm rambling. If anyone can answer my question, I'd appreciate it! :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    SiminoidSiminoid Posts: 961 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Yup, I believe you can keep trying to get it to "come to life" even when you're a teen.

Hold on, I didn't think that through correctly, I was thinking of turning it into an actual sim.

Okay, it will come to life during childhood and no sooner or later. You just have to play with it a lot and then eventually it will start walking around. :D
  • Options
    Jamesmc2012Jamesmc2012 Posts: 1,264 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Siminoid wrote:
    Yup, I believe you can keep trying to get it to "come to life" even when you're a teen.

Alright, thank you so much for the answer! :D And thank you to the other people that helped. Sorry I couldn't thank you in the original thread.....humph...

• Options
    HomeworkerHomeworker Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited June 2012
    Usually yes, sometimes mine have aged up with me barely looking at it
    sig-advert.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Siminoid wrote:
    Hold on, I didn't think that through correctly, I was thinking of turning it into an actual sim.

Hmm...I may just have to Google this question then. Thanks for the help though! :)

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Homeworker wrote:
    Usually yes, sometimes mine have aged up with me barely looking at it

So if I play with the IF as a child and it hasn't become a real live, breathing...thing I have the chance to keep improving my relationship with it in order to make it so?

Sorry for the verbosity, but as there are two stages of an IF "coming to life" I have to make things clear :lol:
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited June 2012
    you can get it to come to life if still playing with it as a child,you will get a pop up saying the dolls name and wants to come out and play, sit it on the ground it will come to life, it will not happen as a teen as they forget about them and do not play with it, but they can gifted it to any child they are friends with either in the family or outside it to carry on and play to make it real, i have gifted a doll twice and the 3 rd child as made it come to life.

to make it real kids will get the opportunity from the science lab to collect a rainbow gem and then 4000 to buy a potion , or you can find the potion on the chemistry table.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited June 2012
    Your thread got moved to the Generations forum which is probably where it belongs but that's neither here nor there. It's still on the "Recent Topics" list if you click on that.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    you can get it to come to life if still playing with it as a child,you will get a pop up saying the dolls name and wants to come out and play, sit it on the ground it will come to life, it will not happen as a teen as they forget about them and do not play with it, but they can gifted it to any child they are friends with either in the family or outside it to carry on and play to make it real, i have gifted a doll twice and the 3 rd child as made it come to life.

to make it real kids will get the opportunity from the science lab to collect a rainbow gem and then 4000 to buy a potion , or you can find the potion on the chemistry table.

Gracias! I appreciate the information.

And thank you to those who found the original thread. Fortunately, however, it seems that I got the answer I was looking for. ;)
  • Options
    eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited June 2012

Thanks for the helpful info! I have a few dolls sitting in sim inventories and thought it was too late to do anything with them. Had no idea they could be gifted and another child could finish the job. Thanks to the OP too for starting the thread :)
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou
  • Options
    Zachemc2Zachemc2 Posts: 1,817 New Member
    edited June 2012
    It got moved to the Generations subforum.
  • Options
    krista8626krista8626 Posts: 2,923 Member
    edited June 2012
    I asked one thing about China earlier and they moved mine to WA! lol
  • Options
    eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited June 2012
    krista8626 wrote:
    I asked one thing about China earlier and they moved mine to WA! lol

LOL ummmm... ok :mrgreen: Once a new EP comes out, most details of the rest tend to just be lumped together for me, and I'd have a heck of a time trying to remember what came with which EP and where to find it in a specific forum if the mods continue being so... organized? haha For instance, imaginary friends. I'd forgotten already that they came with Generations so wouldn't have thought to look in that forum. :P
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou