Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can it be done? - inventory

In TS2 I could put furniture and other items in each sim's inventory, very useful when a child moved out, s/he could get some of the old and cheap furniture, making it easier to getting started on his/her own. Hm, at least I think we could do that back in TS2, maybe I had a mod.

I miss this a lot in TS3. Do anyone know if such a mod exists out there?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    mosneakersmosneakers Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited June 2012
    yes, I've noticed how annoying this is! :roll:
  • Options
    Adintje1988Adintje1988 Posts: 1,063
    edited June 2012
    You can put items in the inventory in the sims 3. There is a backpack in the play bar. I hope you understand my english can be bad. But no furniture..sorry..There is only a family-inventory in the buymode.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited June 2012
    Unfortunately, you cannot take the Family Inventory with you when you move out. Only the Personal Inventory. I know it's cheating, but you could always move your sim out and then use the freerealestate cheat to get them started in their new home.

One of the things that I do is to give the newly Young Adult a lot of gemstones that they can put into their Personal Inventory. Sorta a "moving out" present. Once they're in their new home, they can sell them and make some money to buy furnishings.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,698 Member
    edited June 2012
    Well, it's not necessarily about the money, I already use the familyfunds cheat a lot to transfer money between houses. But right now a family is getting split, they have quite some furniture in the household inventory, these items they brought with them from their first house. They are now moving back to the first home, leaving the main gouse to their oldest son, and I wish they could have taken those original furniture with them as they sort of belonged in the first house.

It's a good thing they can bring paintings/photos and books, and some more items. Just wish there existed a no-limits mod :D
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    WoWLynniaWoWLynnia Posts: 2,715 Member
    edited June 2012
    Yea, in TS2 whenever I'd move out one of my kids, I'd let them take all their own furnishings from their bedroom with them to their dorm at college--was always really nice for them to have a jumpstart and a piece of home. I was really sad to see they couldn't do that in TS3. :(