Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Phew* It's All Gone.... Again.

MBernishMBernish Posts: 2,122 New Member
Well, fellow Simmers, it seems that I have gone and uninstalled all of my CC. All of it. Again.

I have these... phases... kind of like a teenager 'rebelling' against society or something. Every few months, I get tired of my CC and how it slows down my game. So I get rid of all of it. My CC-free game is fun and simple, but only for a while; I normally get tired of the pudding faces after about 3 months or so. Then, I go back to MTS and have a little downloading spree.

I'm at the CC-free stage of my cycle now. I wonder how long it'll last. IDL why I made this post... so yeah. Wish me luck!

Comments

• Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited June 2012
    I do the same thing, except I keep default skin and eye replacements, the mods and poses. (This I call my non-CC+ Phase)

The poses I delete when I don't need them. Right now I'm in my CC+ phase.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited June 2012
    I could not live without skin, eyes, hair and mods. The rest of my CC I could easily delete. You are a brave soul!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    @ LadyEmillye
    Ah. That's smart. I just go and delete everything then regret it later because I can't find my favorite skins and eyes again >__<

@Mikezumi
    Thanks. I guess! I'm not sure if it's bravery or foolishness, though! :lol: one of these days, all of the installing/uninstalling is going to make my computer implode!
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2012
    :)
    I am planning to do the same in a couple of months, except I am not as brave. I plan to design a house and include the few things that I can't live without: a few paintings, a dresser, ect. or maybe even make a town with the stuff I can't do without. That is the perfect way to have scores of houses and sims without them being in your create a sim or the house part. They will all be in the world ready to copy and then delete at will and reuse anytime.

I have the apron and a metallica shirt and I have painstaikenly looked for them and can't find them. So, I have wondered if they are CC hid by other custom content? I also have a bunch of crap that I don't like in there and why have to sort through junk you don't want to find the stuff that you use. :D
  • Options
    NokuoroNokuoro Posts: 3,413 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I wish I could do the same.. but EA content is just not good enough for me :lol: and as a cc creator.. you find yourself craving more and more CC. :? I should look into cutting down on the amount I download though.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    davina1221 wrote:
    :)
    I am planning to do the same in a couple of months, except I am not as brave. I plan to design a house and include the few things that I can't live without: a few paintings, a dresser, ect. or maybe even make a town with the stuff I can't do without. That is the perfect way to have scores of houses and sims without them being in your create a sim or the house part. They will all be in the world ready to copy and then delete at will and reuse anytime.

I have the apron and a metallica shirt and I have painstaikenly looked for them and can't find them. So, I have wondered if they are CC hid by other custom content? I also have a bunch of crap that I don't like in there and why have to sort through junk you don't want to find the stuff that you use. :D

Ugh, WHY did you have to mention Metallica? Now I'm going to be tempted to download a shirt like that for my Sims!!

As for the 'hidden' CC... Yeah, there is CC that is hidden by other CC. Be careful while on the Exchange; hidden CC can be fatal to your game!
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited June 2012
    :lol:

Well, at least you have the strength to give it up even for a while--I can't seem to get this CC monkey off my back! I'm actually trying to get a better computer rather than give up my CC...I'm a sick, sick woman! :mrgreen:

Good luck!
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited June 2012
    I tried going CC free and it lasted about 2 weeks.. Back into CC again. :roll: Currently trying to find a skin that i like.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited June 2012
    I don't have CC currently because the computer I play on is not my own and I don't want to mess anything up, but when I get my own laptop in July I'm probably going to do CC skin and eyes. :) and probably hair and furniture, but most likely not clothes because the cc clothes look weird to me...
    44444.gif
  • Options
    dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited June 2012
    When I first got Late Night, I was cc free and my game was as smooth as butter. It didn't last long, though. xD
  • Options
    SiminoidSiminoid Posts: 961 New Member
    edited June 2012
    The longest I've gone without CC in my game was the 3 months after I purged my game of all its Exchange content. During that time, I was too lazy to learn how to use a file extractor. I wish I had never taught myself how. :lol: The downloading sprees are like a disease... My poor computer... It's finally starting to lag after I installed Master Controller and Story Progression and yet another ten billion NewSea hairstyles...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for all the responses! I realized something while reading through them: being CC-free is extremely hard. Thank goodness for Late Night! The outfits on that EP are actually decent!

now if I could just find the disk...
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited June 2012
    MBernish wrote:
    Thanks for all the responses! I realized something while reading through them: being CC-free is extremely hard. Thank goodness for Late Night! The outfits on that EP are actually decent!

now if I could just find the disk...
    The SP Master Suite i was like finally! I don't need to download CC lingerie. :roll:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    manwitchmanwitch Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited June 2012
    I've been CC free for quite some time now... it's not sooo bad.
    Keep up the fight!

:mrgreen:
    A Sam Witch is just a Sam Witch ...
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited June 2012
    You people are strong :lol: I can't be cc free
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    asterravosasterravos Posts: 3,415 Member
    edited June 2012
    Eep! I could never be CC free. Occasionally I feel the need to 'start over' but I don't delete anything. I just make a new desktop user and play there which starts the game completely fresh. Then I get frustrated that noting looks nice and go back to my CC filled games. :lol:
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited June 2012
    I could never be free, I like skin, eyes and a few hairs, then the H&M stuff someone converted.
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited June 2012
    The only CC that I use is a custom skintone and a few hairstyles. I do have a few of twallan's mods too. Otherwise I don't mind playing without CC.

I do have store items. Now if there wasn't a sims 3 store... I would probably resort to some kind of CC.
  • Options
    n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited June 2012
    I use very little CC compared with what I used to for TS2. With all the store items and such. Not to mention that TS3 is a lot more modern and fashionable than previous installments.
  • Options
    abigfan819abigfan819 Posts: 862 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I've been CC free for about 6 months now. Its hard and it isn't hard for me at least. Some days like the past few. I keep wanting to download CC or maybe some more mods cause i'm bored with my game currently. I keep telling myself not to. I do miss my favorite CC hair and clothes even a few eyes but so far so good.