Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have a hunch..

In the announcement for the EP, EA stated that there will be 'Additional Online features'

I believe I have also read somewhere that there will be 'Exclusive store products available for people who bought the EP'.

My theory is that there will be other Holiday destinations, which can be bought with Simpoints from the store.

This is purely a theory, however, I believe that one cannot deny the possibility of EA Implementing such a system, with the evidence that we already have.
(The announcements, and the fact that many items are currently in store.)

I honestly hope that they don't.. Because it may entice EA to put up 'Hoods for sale on the store.
But, again, this is purely theory, but I thought it was worth sharing my thoughts.

What do you all think? Am I just paranoid, or could we be looking at having to shell out money for an Hoods and/or holiday destinations?

Thanks for taking the time to read/reply.

Comments

• Options
    startspringstartspring Posts: 639 Member
    edited August 2009
    I would'nt be surprised at all. That's what they did with Riverview :? It's all about the money my friend.
  • Options
    MurfMurf Posts: 369 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Riverview is a free bonus town, You only have to have the Internet to get it.

I think France, Egypt and China will come with the EP but most of the new clothes, objects etc. will probably be on the store, maybe with an extra hood or two as well.

I think Games these days are becoming all about having an Internet connection and buying stuff. They're taking everything they can get out of our wallets and purses. Not Just EA,
    Everyone. It's the world we live in.
  • Options
    FeldynnFeldynn Posts: 331 Member
    edited August 2009
    There's a chance it might be a free redeemable item using a product code, like the cars you could get if you preordered TS3 and/or got the Collectors Edition.

In one of the interviews (click here to read it) it's mentioned you get 1000 free simpoints with the game (just like with the original), given the way The Store works I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did release new destinations for purchase BUT they'll cost probably 1500-2000 points or more per place (i.e. cost more than the free points they give you), and in a different interview I remember Lynsday talking about clothes on sale in the store too .. probably Indiana Jones adventurer style clothing or maybe special building objects / items too that won't be included in the game (when they really should be) and will instead be for sale in The Store so EA can give us less in the actual expansion and expect people to pay for the "additional content".
  • Options
    simdosimdo Posts: 393 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I would'nt be surprised at all. That's what they did with Riverview :? It's all about the money my friend.
    It's possible, but one thing though. Riverview was a free add on bonus because they had no more room on the disk :!: :D
  • Options
    ems0309ems0309 Posts: 541 Member
    edited August 2009
    Hate to say it myself, but it does seem like they are heading in the direction of making eps and then putting most things that should be in the game in the store. Corporate America I guess, but shouldn't they want to put more into the games they sell on the shelves to make customers happier. I know they are gonna do what they wanna do, but hey, it would be nice if they would consider the consumers when doing things like this.
  • Options
    PerkyRainbow999PerkyRainbow999 Posts: 1,624 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Maybe.

But, I won't buy anything from the store- don't care what it is.
  • Options
    OpmystikOpmystik Posts: 1,720 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Maybe but the other places may be a free bonus as well like Riverview was. Maybe you only have to pay for the town if you didn't get the ep which is easy to track cause of when you register the name it's tied in with your account on here. Either way besides my free 1000 simpoints nothing is being added to my game via store. I'm too cheap to buy the ep for $40 bucks which I am going to buy at my part-time job and get 10% off of and then turn around and buy simpoints as well. Nope not gonna happen. EA I'm begging you if you have more towns please add them for free for the people who buy the ep.

What if you don't want the ep why should you get the town that you swear is a vacation and you hate vacations for free? That just doesn't make sense. Plus wouldn't it be just some peoples luck that the world builder tool that everyone's been begging for is the exclusive online content you get with the ep or in the ep itself? Ok let me shut up before they get any ideas.
  • Options
    derykrenalnderykrenaln Posts: 538 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Uh, keep in mind we get FREE $10 worth to spend in Sims 3 Store when we purchase World Adventures. So that might be enough to get whatever they add to Store to put into WA.

A FREE bonus downloadable holiday neighborhood in a winter theme would be awesome!
  • Options
    Sim_OutlawSim_Outlaw Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited August 2009
    Maybe a new town you never know.
  • Options
    Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, it'll be like, they'll only have the base stuff like the vacation towns, and to get the new Egyptian objects and stuff you have to pay an additional $50 worth of simpoints and be charged $20 each time you use the objects.
  • Options
    The_ClayThe_Clay Posts: 1,254 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, it'll be like, they'll only have the base stuff like the vacation towns, and to get the new Egyptian objects and stuff you have to pay an additional $50 worth of simpoints and be charged $20 each time you use the objects.
    That's just crazy but if I make a game i might take ur idea (not that i'm smart enough 2 make a game)
  • Options
    julieexannjulieexann Posts: 704 New Member
    edited August 2009
    They will probably put items in the store if a.) they are pure bonus content or b.) if they cannot fit all the information they would like on the disc/discs they are planning on using. I think it would be fair for them to put items in the store if they made them free for those who already bought the expansion. I feel its ridiculous for them to expect us to buy additional content when we're already paying a good amount of money for the expansion.
  • Options
    sgreen37sgreen37 Posts: 821 New Member
    edited August 2009
    They better not do anything like that. If they do, there's gonna be a lot of p***ed off ex-fans.
  • Options
    awalterawalter Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It is possible too that they are just putting what would have been stuff packs in the store, and the EP will be like normal.

The whole groups of stuff are like 1500-2000 points ($15-$20), and the stuff packs were like $19.99, and it is about the same amount of items.

They even said that they can make some more specialized theme stuff to sell in the store that maybe a smaller number of people would want. (i.e. they don't have a bunch of discs getting dusty on the store shelves!)

That would be cool if they included more locations online for the EP (for free!).
  • Options
    julieexannjulieexann Posts: 704 New Member
    edited August 2009
    awalter wrote:
    It is possible too that they are just putting what would have been stuff packs in the store, and the EP will be like normal.

The whole groups of stuff are like 1500-2000 points ($15-$20), and the stuff packs were like $19.99, and it is about the same amount of items.

They even said that they can make some more specialized theme stuff to sell in the store that maybe a smaller number of people would want. (i.e. they don't have a bunch of discs getting dusty on the store shelves!)

That would be cool if they included more locations online for the EP (for free!).

True. I didn't even consider what they would be doing about Stuff Packs, or if they'd be making some for the Sims 3. I'd much rather prefer the online substitute than having a million Stuff Packs... I was never a huge fan of them and usually only wanted a few items.
  • Options
    LersadLersad Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The thing that I am concerned about is that 10-20 items cost around 1000-1500 simpoints. ($10-15 USD, I believe).

So, what would a whole neighbourhood, which adds hundreds, if not, thousands of new meshes to the game cost?

I know that this is purely theory.. But, I cannot help but worry.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I am really looking forward to this expansion.
    But, I worry that people who can afford to shell out $100 into the store will get an advantage over people who can't afford to.
  • Options
    Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited August 2009
    Uh, keep in mind we get FREE $10 worth to spend in Sims 3 Store when we purchase World Adventures. So that might be enough to get whatever they add to Store to put into WA.

A FREE bonus downloadable holiday neighborhood in a winter theme would be awesome!

The sim points aren't "FREE". We pay for them when we buy the game. We paid $50 for TS3 but they gave $10 of it back to us by giving us $10 worth of "free" sim points to use in the store. And of course they will have things that cost way more than 1000 points can "buy" to entice us into paying even MORE to buy the things we couldn't buy with our "free" sim points :roll:
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Options
    adorkable8605adorkable8605 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I thought the additional online content might be like prizes for doing the "adventures" like a unlocked download or a trophy or something stupid
  • Options
    JuliababyjenJuliababyjen Posts: 783 Member
    edited August 2009
    Most new big games are about $50 these days, and I only paid $45 for mine on Amazon, so I feel like the $10 simpoints was a bonus.

I have to say that I am much happier with the TS3 store compared to the TS2. At least they are letting us buy items in sets, or you can just pick and choose. I much prefer this to stuff packs, so I can decide what I want to buy.

I would be thrilled if they put neighborhoods on the store, some people really don't like a lot of neighborhoods in their game. Its all about customization, kind of like buying MP3 downloads by the track instead of going out and buying a whole CD for 1 song.
  • Options
    Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited August 2009
    Most new big games are about $50 these days, and I only paid $45 for mine on Amazon, so I feel like the $10 simpoints was a bonus.

I have to say that I am much happier with the TS3 store compared to the TS2. At least they are letting us buy items in sets, or you can just pick and choose. I much prefer this to stuff packs, so I can decide what I want to buy.

I would be thrilled if they put neighborhoods on the store, some people really don't like a lot of neighborhoods in their game. Its all about customization, kind of like buying MP3 downloads by the track instead of going out and buying a whole CD for 1 song.

I never went to the TS2 store, so I can't compare. I had no need to because I had literally 20,000 files of CC ;) And I agree in theory about being able to pick and choose what you want instead of being "stuck" with things you don't want. HOWEVER, I think the store it too expensive. It costs $20 to get ONE set of furniture, which is the same price as a Stuff Pack. The difference is though, that in a Stuff Pack we got 100's of items so it was worth the $20, but I don't feel it's worth $20 for just ONE set of furniture.
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Options
    MurfMurf Posts: 369 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Having Stuff on the store instead of buying stuff packs may work for some but others like me don't have the internet on their computer. My net is on my laptop which wont play Sims 3. :(

Plus Discs can install new functionality, Like for example; A pool table. A pool table bought in the store will not properly install in to the game unless you have installed the ability to use them in the game. Which I'm sure World Adventures will include. I think Stuff Packs would be better if they enabled the functionality of objects not already in the game like the diving board, the Hot Tub and the basketball hoop, and other cool stuff like the bowling lane, Soccer Goal post and net and the Elevator. All stuff that EP's brought into Sims 2.

Maybe the Store can install functionality but like I said, Not everyone has internet Access and Sims 3 on the same computer, or even any internet access at all some cases.
  • Options
    MilanGajjarMilanGajjar Posts: 73 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i think they should just shut down the store (although they're making money) cos some of us just can't afford it & then we see the items with OTHER people that can afford it.
  • Options
    LersadLersad Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2009

Lol.
    In Aus, the normal version cost $99 alone.
    The collectors Ed cost $120.
    We only got $17 of simpoints for the Collectors ed.
    So, I still payed $103 for my edition of the game, regardless of whether or not Simpoints are a free bonus.
    Oh, and each Ep should cost around $50.

You Yanks and Poms have it easy. Lol.
    Personally, I don't feel like spending $20 just so I can have another holiday destination, when each Ep is so expensive. Just more saving up for me to do.
  • Options
    JuliababyjenJuliababyjen Posts: 783 Member
    edited August 2009
    i think they should just shut down the store (although they're making money) cos some of us just can't afford it & then we see the items with OTHER people that can afford it.

I'm sorry you can't afford it, and I can't afford it all either! I'm sure there are some people who can buy it all. But I'm not going to complain, because it is your choice to buy a product or not. That's like saying they shouldn't have ESPN because I don't watch it! Lol!