Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teen sims engaged?

While i was playing another family, my teen sim got engaged to another teen sim--i have ambitions, and no mods what so ever. Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited December 2010
    A while back in one of my games VJ Alvi and Lisa Bunch got married as teens.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    anoela1336anoela1336 Posts: 4,207 New Member
    edited December 2010
    welcome to the forums and I have heard of teens rolling the want to move in and what not but never of them being engaged
  • Options
    kakakellykakakelly Posts: 1,176 New Member
    edited December 2010
    This happened to me too. Dunno how it happened. I have Ambitions & World Adventures, and I went to play another family; when I got back my teen was engaged to her boyfriend.
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 441 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Never seen that one. I just with my sims Mother-In-Law didn't want to woohoo with her Son-In-Law. It's starting to creep me out.
  • Options
    snickers1355snickers1355 Posts: 203 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Its pretty weird, yeah...... but kinda cool
  • Options
    SimGuy777SimGuy777 Posts: 1,672 New Member
    edited December 2010
    This happened to me once with the household I made out of CAS, then I went to another family and the teenager I had wanted to move with her boyfriend. Then next thing I know they were engaged. :shock:
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited December 2010
    I have no mods at all, either. I had a teen sim who was best friends with a Young Adult male sim, and she had the option to "ask him to break up with Chantal (his wife)". This interaction is usually reserved only for adults. I was so surprised! Naturally, I tried it. :twisted: :P And it worked! The sim broke up with his wife because my teen asked him to. Weird!

By the way, they later had a child together. :twisted: Once she became an adult, of course.
  • Options
    PurpleSnowstormPurpleSnowstorm Posts: 8 New Member
    edited January 2011
    The exact same thing happened to me, except they were only romantic interests when I left and they hadn't even had their first kiss when I got back and they were engaged. It was so freaky. But they won't get married, which sucks.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited January 2011
    Some weird things happen with Story Progression on that's for sure.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    PurpleSnowstormPurpleSnowstorm Posts: 8 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I ended up throwing a wedding party, making the two teens age up at the wedding, and then get married because they wouldn't get married otherwise. And of course now they're expecting a child. And they still stay with the boy's family (which includes the girl sharing a room with her brother in-law as well as her husband...a bit awkward...)
  • Options
    blueflame17528blueflame17528 Posts: 1,937 Member
    edited January 2011
    Halle_M wrote:
    I have no mods at all, either. I had a teen sim who was best friends with a Young Adult male sim, and she had the option to "ask him to break up with Chantal (his wife)". This interaction is usually reserved only for adults. I was so surprised! Naturally, I tried it. :twisted: :P And it worked! The sim broke up with his wife because my teen asked him to. Weird!

By the way, they later had a child together. :twisted: Once she became an adult, of course.

Friends and family members can actually do this too. I think it's more of a "I want better for you" thing in those cases :)

I want this glitch! :lol:
  • Options
    SadieLynnSadieLynn Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    Mine has done it to. my teenage sim is enggaged to one of her somewhat friends.... they weren't even BFF's... she's going to break up with him now so she can be teh gf of the sim she really likes :twisted:
  • Options
    shogunfishshogunfish Posts: 10,167 Member
    edited February 2012
    I've never had this happen... but it sounds interesting...
    tumblr_mvnzkbN6yD1ric1guo1_1280.png
  • Options
    SatoriReikoSatoriReiko Posts: 7
    edited May 2012
    I have had this before. I do have mods (just clothing, hair and skin) and at the time I only had the base game, Night life, pets and generations. Shiori and Yoshi (my two sims) were only teenagers and they became GF and BF rather quickly and then suddenly, they became engaged. I have no idea how this happened and still wanting to know. lol. But of course, since they were teens, I haven't had the marriage or anything yet (in that city). I should try it.

STRANGELY, since getting the last two games (Pets and Generations) I have moved both of these families (the Taylors and Matsus) to other cities and these two have seemed to find each other no matter what! Now that I have Ambitions and Showtime, I aged the two up and moved them to Twinbrook where they have a daughter and are living quite the successful life.
  • Options
    crissylinecrissyline Posts: 123 New Member
    edited May 2012
    That happens to me, but I have mods for that. I have it set to where teens can only get married if they have children first.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited May 2012
    It happened to me once too prior to me getting mods. In my case the teen sims got married)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/365682.page (not the first time a glitched occured in my game, I once found a male in previous game with no body)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Cate_0014Cate_0014 Posts: 765 New Member
    edited May 2012
    This has never happened to me but from the looks of things it has happened to a lot of people
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited May 2012
    I decided to make my male teenage sim's best friend his girlfriend. I got the ask to go steady interaction, which she accepted. Right after that an option came up to propose marriage. I haven't used it though.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    emmalucy12emmalucy12 Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    my teen sim didn't have a boyfriend, went to another household came back and she was engaged to a teen sim who she didn't even know!
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited August 2012
    I had that happen. I had gone through in edit town into each family to empty the cars out of their inventories and when I went back to my main family, the teen was engaged. What's really strange is that it was still the same night and she was still sleeping. :|
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    Kat0012Kat0012 Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    yes it has, except i used a cheat. :oops: very easy to do if the game had glitched, witch is highly likely because i have all the expansion pacs and its been new to me that this has happened. You cant really have this happen unless a the game has glitched or you use a cheat like me :D