Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

alittle frusterated... and the sims isn't helping

I've been so frusterated because I am trying to crochet a cupcake scarf (like this awesome one: http://shanalogic.com/item.php?item_id=2121) but I can't find a free pattern anywhere!

Usually alittle sim forum reading cheers me up, but now it isn't. I am crochet cupcake scarf obsessed!!

um...

Comments

• Options
    crazybadazycrazybadazy Posts: 1,144 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Ha this is random, I can crochet a little bit but I am not that great. My mom has a book for crocheting things like that.
  • Options
    KelseyMeshellKelseyMeshell Posts: 752 New Member
    edited August 2009
    do I hear a small violin playing?

Edit: cute scarf though!
  • Options
    BellaCullen25BellaCullen25 Posts: 177 New Member
    edited August 2009
    That is so adorable!! I know how to crochet a little bit. My mom is actually better. She's made blankets for my sister and I went we were younger. I'm actually better at cross stitching.
  • Options
    lilyboblilybob Posts: 940 Member
    edited August 2009
    do I hear a small violin playing?

Edit: cute scarf though!
    ha ha ha thanks. I'm soo dramatic. I just need that scarf :evil:

lol, I am feeling better now :wink:
  • Options
    RaspberriesRaspberries Posts: 168 Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah. I understand your pain. When I get frustrated knitting, I tend to come here but most the time, nothing is really catching my interest. Have you tried browsing Ravelry for any tips? Usually I can figure how the pattern works from some of the forums over there or just by some of the blog posts.

• Options
    tms272002tms272002 Posts: 686 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think this is similar, 175 for a scarf that yarn better be made of money or somethin
    http://www.craftbits.com/project/scarf-sweet-cupcakes
  • Options
    TsunamiGirlTsunamiGirl Posts: 995 Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm not into crocheting. My mother and niece are though.

I was very frustrated a bit earlier but it was PC related. I think it may be fixed but who knows. So, I turn my game on and my mom yells from the other room that the weather dude has just announced a huge thunderstorm heading our way. I just wanted to play. I waited until the thunder started shaking the house to save and quit. I think the storm may be over now.

Anyhow I hope you find your pattern, free. :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yeah. I understand your pain. When I get frustrated knitting, I tend to come here but most the time, nothing is really catching my interest. Have you tried browsing Ravelry for any tips? Usually I can figure how the pattern works from some of the forums over there or just by some of the blog posts.

oh wow!!!!!!! great site, never saw it before.
    And I'm glad u understand how I feel.

<3

crocheting and knitting 4 ever

oh and the sims for now ;-)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    tms272002 wrote:
    I think this is similar, 175 for a scarf that yarn better be made of money or somethin

wow! thank you for that. Not as good as the other one, but I still like it :-D

u are right about the 175 thing, lol! I wouldn't pay more than $20 - somethin' for a scarf ever.
  • Options
    aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Geeeeesh! 175 dollars for something that you can make yourself? That's insane highway robbery.

Ever since I learned how to knit, I just cannot bring myself to buy anything that's knit unless it's way over my head and something impossible to make without sacrificing a goat and summoning a rain storm.
  • Options
    DewmzdeighDewmzdeigh Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited August 2009
    If it helps any, I updated that post about posting the headshot picture without taking a screenshot.

You said you didn't have View Image, which makes me assume you're using IE.

For your situation, you would right click and go to properties, and use the URL shown in there.

Totally irrelevant to this post, but, it may help cheer you up, or some such.
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited August 2009
    You won't find a free pattern for that. Anyone charging that much for a scarf made from acrylic isn't going to let that pattern be posted anywhere for free.
    You may be able to find a pattern for a crocheted cupcake somewhere and then make several and connect them. I've been crocheting since I was a child.
    No one should charge that much money for a scarf that could be made in just a few hours.

EDIT: I can't believe I got incvolved in somthing so off topic but crochet is one of my hobbies. Well, that and just about anything else involving yarn.
    Back on topic. I haven't seen any crocheted or knitted scarve in the game.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    agree with all of u, it is way overpriced!! I am so going to just wing it and make one myself. ;-)

u guys made me feel better. :-D
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Dewmzdeigh wrote:
    If it helps any, I updated that post about posting the headshot picture without taking a screenshot.

You said you didn't have View Image, which makes me assume you're using IE.

For your situation, you would right click and go to properties, and use the URL shown in there.

Totally irrelevant to this post, but, it may help cheer you up, or some such.

:-O yes it was totally cheering.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    aarin wrote:
    something impossible to make without sacrificing a goat and summoning a rain storm.

LOL! - literally.
  • Options
    makeitwork322makeitwork322 Posts: 559 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Cute scarf. I'm a knitter and that would be a great scarf to knit for my baby sister for Christmas.

$175 to purchase though? That wool better have solid gold threaded through it.

Perhaps you can figure out a pattern yourself by fooling around with increases and decreases?

I made myself a pretty decent pair of Bella's Van Crash Mittens from the Twilight movie like that.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    lilybob wrote:
    tms272002 wrote:

wow! thank you for that. Not as good as the other one, but I still like it :-D

u are right about the 175 thing, lol! I wouldn't pay more than $20 - somethin' for a scarf ever.

Materials: cupcake frosting and cake are 100% acrylic, and cherries are wool/acrylic blend

$175 for an acrylic scarf. I don't think so, even if you did put blood sweat and tears into it.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Cute scarf. I'm a knitter and that would be a great scarf to knit for my baby sister for Christmas.

$175 to purchase though? That wool better have solid gold threaded through it.

Perhaps you can figure out a pattern yourself by fooling around with increases and decreases?

I made myself a pretty decent pair of Bella's Van Crash Mittens from the Twilight movie like that.

I've been experimenting. I'll be sure to tell the world when and if I make one. Even the simming world. I'll make it sime related thought so I can't be banned. Lol!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    This is kinda cute, plus it's a free pattern!
    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/girls-cupcake-scarf

EDIT: Or, if you're into sewing and just want to look at a cupcake
    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cupcake-4
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    This is kinda cute, plus it's a free pattern!
    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/girls-cupcake-scarf

EDIT: Or, if you're into sewing and just want to look at a cupcake
    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cupcake-4

thanks, but I can't see the patterns becuase i don't have a username.

I'll maybe get a username and look later.

u r officially my crochet-knit buddy ;-)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    raspberries - I saw the pattern. very cite thanks. :-D
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sweet Deal! When you get a username, look me up! I'm LadybirdKnits on that site. It's a great place if you need help or just want to browse through patterns and yarns. Mmmm yarn.