Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims not walking to locations

Its only recent that sims have been unwilling to walk to a location where they are able to get too.

They wave and a symbol of a red circle with a line going through it with foot steps inside is shown.

FOR EXAMPLE. Be in their home wanting to go to bed an wont walk to the bedroom. Even though he/she is able to get to the bedroom.

any reason why and how to correct this?

Comments

• Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi,

If you are using AwesomeMod in your game, there is a newer version out right now. I would strongly advise that you update AwesomeMod as previous versions will not work with the 1.3 game update.

If you are not using any mods, then go into MyDocuments/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and look for a file named "scriptcache.package". Now delete that file. Do not worry, the game will recreate that file when you relaunch. Play the game and see if it makes a difference.

I have read from another thread where one user mentions removing a certain .dll file from where the game is installed - "d3dx9_31.dll" which should be located in the /bin directory. Supposedly it made their game run better with the 1.3 update. If you do find such a file, move it to another location temporarily and relaunch the game. That might help you, but of course I cannot guarantee it.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!