Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mad men inspired clothing!

I adore the midcentury modern sets in the store, but it is seriously hard to make sims that look like they belong in homes decorated with these sets! We need more 50s and 60s clothing á la Mad Men. I especially would love to see skirts and dresses that end just below the knee, blouses that tuck in under the high-waisted stuff already available, and a real bombshell dress! Who's with me?

Comments

• Options
    Crizzy2468Crizzy2468 Posts: 628 Member
    edited April 2012
    I would love this kind of clothing. The mid century modern sets are some of my favorite in the store.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited April 2012
    Me!

I am loving "Magic City" also and the clothes remind me of the way my parents would dress up to go out for the night. I have always loved the fashion from that era.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    VirvatuliVirvatuli Posts: 168 Member
    edited April 2012
    I'm glad you like the idea! I think 50s and 60s clothing would appeal to a lot of players, it's a very flattering style.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited April 2012
    Yes I would also like some mid century clothing. I think it would be much better then what is in the store now. Some clothes that Sims (People) really wore.
  • Options
    MystyrysMystyrys Posts: 605 Member
    edited April 2012
    I would love to have clothing sets for that era.

I wish they'd make full clothing sets (and for all ages) for every themed furniture set or world they have.

I'd make a whole town in mid-century modern! Houses, decor, clothes, cars!
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited April 2012
    Love that show and I have to agree. The mid-century items should be expanded.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited April 2012
    I'm a huge fan of vintage and retro clothing so I'd love to see this, as well.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited April 2012
    OH, I LOVE Mad Men! I have the series on DVD and I can literally watch for hours at a time!

Did you know they made Barbies of Mad Men? If they can make Mad Men Barbies, surely they can make some store items. :wink: Right?

I would love to see the style of January Jones's character Betty Draper in the store. And we need hairstyles, too!

betty-draper1.jpeg

madmen1.jpg

tumblr_lz2aexOCwR1qmwbzpo7_400.jpg

110508_jones_300X400.jpg

cbs-betty-mirror-AMC_370x278.jpg

Remember this awesome hairstyle? It's so over the top!

betty-draper.jpg
  • Options
    ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    edited April 2012
    I agree, it would be a great idea!
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited April 2012
    Halle_M wrote:
    madmen1.jpg

onion94.gif
    *covets so hard*
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    monaduncanmonaduncan Posts: 952 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Love it. Add Jane and Megan's outfits too lol :D
  • Options
    ohhjulietohhjuliet Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited April 2012
    I'd absolutely love it!
  • Options
    ellerobbeellerobbe Posts: 563 Member
    edited April 2012
    Love that idea. I already stocked up on high waisted things when I can and liked the retro stuff in fast lane. Mad Men clothes would rock.
  • Options
    katana_xkatana_x Posts: 1,163 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Unfortunately, I think EA considers this base covered from the Jet Set clothing sets way back when. I don't think they hit the mark, but I believe this was essentially the time period aesthetic they were shooting for. I'd love to see some of these pieces come to light, but I'd be surprised if they revisited the theme.
  • Options
    PattyCoPattyCo Posts: 2,252 Member
    edited April 2012
    Add me to the list!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    There's a lot of hype about the 50s and 60s right now. Mad Men and Pan Am has gotten some serious attention, so there's obviously a market for it!

@katana_x: Considering how there's a new retro set in Sim Social, and the midcentury sets were released pretty recently, I think we got a pretty good shot :) I agree that the jetset one wasn't really that exciting... :/

@Halle_M: Those are some great pictures! Love them!

Also thanks for everyone supporting the idea!
  • Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited April 2012
    Its one of me favorite shows too. I think they have much better designers on the store team now then they did back in the day of the Jet Set. So they do a much better job. It wouldnt be the first time they did a similar theme more the once in the store. There asian fusion, zen again and the Japanese Inspired sets are all similar. As well as their varius contemporary sets.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I agree with you there, happyjme, the quality of the store products have gotten a LOT better since the start :)
  • Options
    shelwassshelwass Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited April 2012
    Ooh, I'd love to see those styles!