Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spice Girls need to reunite and re-record Viva Forever for a future fantasy EP.

I think the song and video just goes. We had old 80's tunes re-recorded in Simlish in TS2, so why not get the Spice Girls for TS3.

I was a Spice Girls fan since 1996, from the very beginning to the very end, and even though I moved on to other artists of my time, and the boybands, Spice Girls were still my favorite no matter what. When I was little, and saw the Viva forever video for the first time, it fascinated me. I was all about the Spice girls first, second and third grade! All through 1996-1999. The baby boomers got to see their classic rock bands play over the years, now the 30-40 year olds got to see Bon Jovi reunite, now the 18-27 year olds need their shot (which is my age group).

Please EA, try to get the Spice Girls to re-record Viva forever in a future fantasy EP. That song is so appropriate. *YES IN SIMLISH*

LOL.

Please and thank you for listening to my suggestion,
Jeana

Comments

• Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Haven't they been broken up for like, ever?

I don't pay attention to them at like. All. But if they're still broken up, I doubt they'd get back together just for Sims.
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited April 2012
    I think the song and video just goes. We had old 80's tunes re-recorded in Simlish in TS2, so why not get the Spice Girls for TS3.

I was a Spice Girls fan since 1996, from the very beginning to the very end, and even though I moved on to other artists of my time, and the boybands, Spice Girls were still my favorite no matter what. When I was little, and saw the Viva forever video for the first time, it fascinated me. I was all about the Spice girls first, second and third grade! All through 1996-1999. The baby boomers got to see their classic rock bands play over the years, now the 30-40 year olds got to see Bon Jovi reunite, now the 18-27 year olds need their shot (which is my age group).

Please EA, try to get the Spice Girls to re-record Viva forever in a future fantasy EP. That song is so appropriate. *YES IN SIMLISH*

LOL.

Jeana
    Yeah. I liked SG--at least back when they were still GIRLS back in 1996. But I really can't see the appeal for a comeback tour over a decade later. Spice Cougar MOMs. Yikes! :shock:

Most likely not, at least according to this tabloid rag on their last (most disasterous) 2007 US tour. Too many divas in one group :P

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-501100/Girl-power-failure-Spice-Girls-play-half-arena.html

An absolute hell no according to this one

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-512408/Spice-Girls-fuel-rumours-bitter-rift-travel-separately-check-different-hotels.html

And this one
    http://www.hecklerspray.com/the-spice-girls-fighting-again-already/200710492.php

🐸🐸🐸🐸 Poshy Spice doesn't seem to want to play ball again either

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2089517/Spice-Girls-London-2012-Olympics-reunion-Victoria-Beckham-refuses-commit.html

Any promoter who's mental enough to sponsor this comeback, needs to be hung, drawn, and quartered. Especially given all the hijinx that went down in their last failed 2007 tour :lol:

Seriously, if this disaster were to happen again, I might have to kill myself---assuming they beat me to it first and ended up killing each other in an off stage cat fight that is. :P

Nope. Don't see this happening. Especially because of the fame leeching, D list celeb that Poshy Spice has turned out to be. :? Some breakups were meant to be permanent. Just like Van Halen's failed comeback because David Lee Roth was--and still is--a Super Diva. :lol:
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited April 2012

LOL.

Jeana

Good grief, why?

That's like me asking EA to have Chad and Jeremy sing "Summer Song" in Simlish for a Seasons expansion pack.

And if you don't know who Chad and Jeremy are, then YouTube their names and the name of the song. I mention this only because two of the guest characters on "The Regular Show" were named Chad and Jeremy...and my son-in-law couldn't figure out why I was laughing so hard.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    catchmecatchme Posts: 237
    edited April 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:

LOL.

Jeana

Good grief, why?

That's like me asking EA to have Chad and Jeremy sing "Summer Song" in Simlish for a Seasons expansion pack.

And if you don't know who Chad and Jeremy are, then YouTube their names and the name of the song. I mention this only because two of the guest characters on "The Regular Show" were named Chad and Jeremy...and my son-in-law couldn't figure out why I was laughing so hard.

Im laughing to only because im a teenager but I still secretly watch that show and I just googled who they were
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    catchme wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Good grief, why?

Im laughing to only because im a teenager but I still secretly watch that show and I just googled who they were

Actually, there's nothing at all inappropriate about you watching that show. It's meant for older audiences. It's definitely not a kid's show. So you don't have to be secretive about it. My son-in-law is in his 40's and he likes that show plus Adventure Time.

(And for the record, I had the biggest crush on Jeremy!) :mrgreen:
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    catchme wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Good grief, why?

Actually, there's nothing at all inappropriate about you watching that show. It's meant for older audiences. It's definitely not a kid's show. So you don't have to be secretive about it. My son-in-law is in his 40's and he likes that show plus Adventure Time.

HA :mrgreen: but I do agree childrens shows are getting more and more adult...
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    catchme wrote:

No, no, you don't get where I'm coming from. Things like "The Regular Show" and "Adventuretime" are NOT children's shows! They have mature themes, and are more appropriate for a teenager to watch than a child.

"Max and Ruby" is a children's show. "The Regular Show" is not.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    catchme wrote:

No, no, you don't get where I'm coming from. Things like "The Regular Show" and "Adventuretime" are NOT children's shows! They have mature themes, and are more appropriate for a teenager to watch than a child.

Oh I get what your saying but they adverstise them to kids. My sis in law doesn't let my 7 year old nephew watch it even though it's on cartoon network during regular daylight hours. They have mature themes yet they are on a channel who is broadcasted to younger audiences.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    But it is more sutible for older audiences.
  • Options
    iheartjackieiheartjackie Posts: 955 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:

The Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brian, and The Ren and Stimpy Show were technically kid shows, too, and Loony Tunes and Tom and Jerry and, uh, another super violence, innuendo filled cartoon here...
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:

The Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brian, and The Ren and Stimpy Show were technically kid shows, too, and Loony Tunes and Tom and Jerry and, uh, another super violence, innuendo filled cartoon here...

yeah but these shows take it to another level....
  • Options
    jeanamariex3jeanamariex3 Posts: 1,274
    edited April 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    catchme wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Good grief, why?

LOL I love adventure time. I grew up with Animaniacs and Ren and Stimpy, and I watched them regurlarly when I was real little. Ren and Stimpy being my favorite, and I can't believe to this day I was even allowed to watch it! They're even worse than the Simpsons and I was watching it since the age of 2!

And the Spice Girls are reuniting for the Olympics.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    LOL I love adventure time. I grew up with Animaniacs and Ren and Stimpy, and I watched them regurlarly when I was real little. Ren and Stimpy being my favorite, and I can't believe to this day I was even allowed to watch it! They're even worse than the Simpsons and I was watching it since the age of 2!

I love Adventure Time, too, and Regular Show. :3

Gosh, the nineties were sure great, weren't they? Remember Action League Now? Flesh Man, the superhero that was forever naked? Good times, good times.
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited April 2012
    Oh God, Ren and Stimpy. I LOVED that show. I also to this day wonder how my mother allowed me to watch that and not The Simpsons or South Park. I guess because R&S is more...subtle, shall we say? than the other two.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    slynnski wrote:
    Oh God, Ren and Stimpy. I LOVED that show. I also to this day wonder how my mother allowed me to watch that and not The Simpsons or South Park. I guess because R&S is more...subtle, shall we say? than the other two.
    "Subtle"? That's not the word I'd use.
  • Options
    Longcat123Longcat123 Posts: 1,447 Member
    edited April 2012
    catchme wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    catchme wrote:

Oh I get what your saying but they adverstise them to kids. My sis in law doesn't let my 7 year old nephew watch it even though it's on cartoon network during regular daylight hours. They have mature themes yet they are on a channel who is broadcasted to younger audiences.
    Even though I love the show, I think Ren & Stimpy is way worse than AT or Regular Show.
  • Options
    edited April 2012

I love Adventure Time, too, and Regular Show. :3

Gosh, the nineties were sure great, weren't they? Remember Action League Now? Flesh Man, the superhero that was forever naked? Good times, good times.

YES they were. My childhood was pretty much the 90's. I wish I could go back in time, just to be 7 years old, listening to the Spice Girls and watching 90's cartoons again. One day. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    slynnski wrote:
    "Subtle"? That's not the word I'd use.

I was allowed to watch The Simpsons and R&S, but never South Park and Beavis and Bu.t.thead. (I was sneaking in my parents room watching SP and B&B). If I had kids now they'd be allowed to watch Adventure Time and Regular Show, because my mom let me watch R&S.

It's no different than the hidden Toy Story Jokes really.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I was allowed to watch The Simpsons and R&S, but never South Park and Beavis and Bu.t.thead. (I was sneaking in my parents room watching SP and B&B). If I had kids now they'd be allowed to watch Adventure Time and Regular Show, because my mom let me watch R&S.

Hidden Toy Story jokes? Is that, like, the male member on the Little Mermaid poster or, like, intentional hidden Easter eggs, like the Nemo toy that Boo has in Monster's, Inc.?
  • Options
    edited April 2012

Hidden Toy Story jokes? Is that, like, the male member on the Little Mermaid poster or, like, intentional hidden Easter eggs, like the Nemo toy that Boo has in Monster's, Inc.?

Like the Little Mermaid Poster joke. :lol:

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I NEED TO KNOW THOSE NOW PLEASE.

(I love those rumors. They're hilarious.)
  • Options
    TheMiktigerTheMiktiger Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited April 2012
    I haven't listened to the spice girls, other than their song in Just Dance 2, and I'm like

tumblr_m2wfog8zdc1rpzt3uo1_500.gif

this dancing. But I don't like them. xD

Anyway, I doubt they'll rejoin just for a cheap video game. lol
    tumblr_ndvjzeK7pL1qcbk34o7_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited April 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    catchme wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Good grief, why?

Yeh, and didn't they do like a reunion tour a little while back??

That song is a good one for this Magic EP thats supposedly coming out (if true, I am highly excited don't get me wrong) but after this Katy Perry fiasco, I'd rather they didnt use the SG's to promote the game. Although I am still a massive SG fan, and always will be - celebrity endorsments do absoultey nothing for the sims.
  • Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I NEED TO KNOW THOSE NOW PLEASE.

(I love those rumors. They're hilarious.)

Snopes + Disney. Too many of them are ban-worthy. xDDD