Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Launcher constantly wanting to install New Store Content Patch

Gotta strange little glitch here. Not causing any in game issues, just driving me batty...er battier!

No matter how many times I accept it, every time I start up the Launcher it asks me the same thing. Nope, no new content, cc or store. Just always asks me. After it installs it, which usually takes absolutely NO time at all, it says I'm updated.

I'm not experiencing strange things in game, this is the only thing that's out of whack - besides myself :D

Any thoughts on what I can do to remedy this?

Comments

• Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited April 2012
    So it keeps asking to install the patch each time you open it?

If so then next time it asks say "no" and then check your game version by hovering over the "Base Game" icon symbol at the bottom. Once you have the version, exit the launcher and start it up again, this time install the patch and then check the version again - same way as before. Are they the same or?
  • Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited April 2012
    I have seen several posts about the store patch getting stuck if you don't accept it the first time it appears. It's a very small patch. It may be your antivirus stopping the patch. Does your user on the computer have administrator rights? Is Origin up to date?
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    AldermanTomAldermanTom Posts: 499 Member
    edited April 2012
    My problems is a bit different, but I think related. I patched Origin, and then I patched the actual SIM game. Prior to doing this, I could not download a set I brought from the store, but I could install things into my game from the launcher.

Now, I can dowlaod items from the store, but I cannot get them installed into the game. Even items that I have already installed will not re-install. The green bar gets about 1/5 full, and then everything just stops. I have to use Task Manager to get out.

I am thinking I am missing a patch to the game launcher/installer, as Origin and the actual Sims 3 game itself is already patched. Is there such a Patch, and if so, where can I find it.

Thanks
  • Options
    GenaeveGenaeve Posts: 42 Member
    edited April 2012
    For some reason, it's not doing that today.
    Odd.
    Hopefully, the situation fixed itself.

Alderman, I think there is a small program that you can run to ensure you have all the patches. I think you can find it on MTS, but I'm not really positive. Try ModTheSims.com

If later, the problem somehow presents itself again, I'll take a look at what the versions are.