Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A moment of silence...

Soo, I just uninstalled all of my Sims 2 games so I can get with the times and install the Sims 3 and whatnot. Yet, however excited I may be for the new generation of Awesome and Really Rad that I'm sure TS3 will bring, it made me a little sad and nostalgic to say my final goodbyes to TS2.

O, Sims 2, how you slay me still. You will n'er be forgot...

Comments

• Options
    ChipXChipX Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009
    o.0, Lol, Well I am sure TS3 is 100% better than TS2.

Happy simming!
  • Options
    SimmerOfSimsSimmerOfSims Posts: 298 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Amen.
  • Options
    BaelzianythBaelzianyth Posts: 684 Member
    edited June 2009
    OP has just claimed "OOPS" at having removed the Sims 2.

Why did you do that?!
    Forum needs a Sympathy option to add to disagree (automatic), Agree (after finding proof of statement elsewhere), Like (not sure what this is for other than sympathy comments to OPs that done a bad), and LOL (at oblivious people posting comments fishing for sympathy).
  • Options
    WaylonWriterWaylonWriter Posts: 70 Member
    edited June 2009
    *Plays taps for the sims 2*

...a game well loved...

....one that lived a long and full life....

...may ye rest in peace and remembered for all eternity...

LOL!....well...so long TS2....welcome home TS3!!! :lol:
  • Options
    SairantoupolusSairantoupolus Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    OP has just claimed "OOPS" at having removed the Sims 2.

Why did you do that?!

Alas, I didn't have the room on the Computer for both. I had to choose.
    Luckily, though, I still have all my files, so if worst comes to worst I can uninstall TS3 and reinstall its predecessor.
  • Options
    Igotyoubabe1967Igotyoubabe1967 Posts: 511 Member
    edited June 2009
    I have not taken my sims 2 out yet. don't have the heart to do it! :(
  • Options
    bodiebethbodiebeth Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I know what you mean!
    I thought about taking it off, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.
    Sims 3 is good so far, but I definitely don't have enough RAM for my computer! I'm going to buy some tomorrow so my game will be faster, and hopefully more enjoyable!
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited June 2009
    What is wrong with having and playing both? It is like a kid at christmas. He gets a new toy and then totally forgets about all his other beloved toys.

I plan on keeping both games on my pc and switching between them every few days.
  • Options
    JoannaAsia95JoannaAsia95 Posts: 1,245 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I un-installed my Sims 2, a few minutes ago..=[
    May they rest in peace.
    *moment of silence*
    Moment over!
    Sims 3!!! :D
  • Options
    SairantoupolusSairantoupolus Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    piddlesim wrote:
    What is wrong with having and playing both? It is like a kid at christmas. He gets a new toy and then totally forgets about all his other beloved toys.

I plan on keeping both games on my pc and switching between them every few days.

Yo, read my last post. I don't have enough space. If I could keep both, I would, but I can't so I won't.
    Don't be assumptive, yeah?
  • Options
    SunshineandrozesSunshineandrozes Posts: 799 Member
    edited June 2009
    piddlesim wrote:

Same here! I have too much invested in my Sims 2 with the EP's, stuff packs and custom content to give it up so easily.

Besides, after playing TS3 today I realized the game play is completely different from TS2. So going back and forth will be much more enjoyable than just playing one version.
  • Options
    ssmowie123ssmowie123 Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The ONLY thing I miss about my Sims 2 was my downloaded content, and expansions.

Base game wise, TS3 is in every way better than TS2.
  • Options
    TheLighterDarkTheLighterDark Posts: 927 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Couldn't ever find love and happiness in The Sims 2 as much as I did The Sims (1), but I will guarantee myself that this one will fulfill my needs.
  • Options
    EleganceElegance Posts: 57 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes, TS2 will forever be in our hearts. TS1 too. X3

I think TS3 is definitely more my style, though. I always wanted more from TS2 and now I think TS3 has given me exactly what I thought a perfect Sims game would be. Other than all the little glitches it has at the moment. *sigh*
  • Options
    lovesongrequiemlovesongrequiem Posts: 28 Member
    edited June 2009
    I gave up on Sims 1 when Sims 2 came out without a problem or any attachments :D But I can't seem to let go of the Sims 2. I love that game to bits. My computer can handle both so I'm keeping all my Sims 2 games downloaded so that I can play it whenever I'm in the mood for Sims 2 instead of Sims 3 :]
  • Options
    SciFiWarlockSciFiWarlock Posts: 5,267 Member
    edited June 2009
    I am still gonna play sims 2 mainly cause I got so far with the way I play to just get rid of them now.

Plus I have at least 3 of my sim women expecting a baby and Julian Cooke and his new wife Lydia are still on their honeymoon at Twikki Island
  • Options
    velcroshoesvelcroshoes Posts: 2,905 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I can't uninstall my Sims 2 games, at least not yet. Yesturday I turned the graphics from High to Medium and turned off shadows and reflections hoping to help with something. Now, I can run The Sims 3 on the highest graphics and I love it! :D I will play Sims 2 again but probably not for a while :lol:
  • Options
    camilleone22camilleone22 Posts: 166 Member
    edited June 2009
    I have not taken my sims 2 out yet. don't have the heart to do it! :(

Same here. I almost considered playing it today too, I have this insane legacy family going and it's like I can't let them go!
  • Options
    Vietgirl_xoxoVietgirl_xoxo Posts: 7,142 Member
    edited June 2009
    Honestly, I am not over the sims 2, I still wanna play it and too bad for me, I uninstalled them. :/ The sims 3 cant do alot of things in the sims 2 and the same with the sims 3. Plus, Don Lothario went back in time which I don't like, why cant they start the storyline from when they left off?