Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Out of boundaries items? Are they okay?

tumblr_m2aqpgcWHZ1r85i12o1_500.png

The ship is not actually on the map, its past the boundaries, when i start up CAW its not in the distance and I gota select it from render panel in order for it to actually appear, as for EIG I'm not sure, should I have the ship in the boundaries? or is it fine past them?

its also a CC item so is it caused by that i wonder?

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited April 2012
    Hi,

It's fine past the boundaries.

• Options
    SHadowfiend69SHadowfiend69 Posts: 262 Member
    edited April 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hi,

It's fine past the boundaries.
    Yea but sometimes it won't appear, Is it because its CC trying to load? or the fact its out of the boundaries?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    How far out? How far away from your view? Because it could be your rendering and distance or the way that CC is made. . . I don't know. :(
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:
    How far out? How far away from your view? Because it could be your rendering and distance or the way that CC is made. . . I don't know. :(

Here is the rough area of the edge
    [/img]http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2c0xseeWk1r85i12o1_500.pngI know its not far.  Isn't caw set to max sims Graphics? Becuase my game there is no reflections. In game I had to set the draw distance to max in order to get rid of the blind glitch, but not in CAW
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    You can check under View for Camera Settings... :)

*And to see the boundary lines for each rendering chunk- it's under View/Show Chunk lines (or something like that) - click it. :)
  • Options
    tjstreaktjstreak Posts: 808 Member
    edited April 2012
    Sure you can!

I place stuff off the map all the time. You are not confined to ships on the water, either. For example, I have a flight of Mark I Colonial Vipers approaching my city:

Vipers+Screenshot+1.jpg

By the way, the islands and land you see in the distance are just objects as well.

In fact, I placed Alcatraz Island off of the map!

Alcatraz+Screenshot+2.jpg

You can put castles, farms, skyscrapers, hills, islands off the map, and it creates the illusion of a much larger world. Most of my custom distant terrain is located off of the map.

You can create all sorts of special effects like this. For example, I have a scale model of the Golden Gate Bridge, which barely starts on the map, but goes off to some land in the distance:

Golden+Gate+Bridge.jpg

One of the things about the game, is that unless you modify some of your settings, objects start disappearing as they get farther away. For example, I typicallly cannot see objects placed on the opposite side of my world. They just fade into the distance.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    tjstreak wrote:
    Sure you can!

I place stuff off the map all the time. You are not confined to ships on the water, either. For example, I have a flight of Mark I Colonial Vipers approaching my city:

Vipers+Screenshot+1.jpg

By the way, the islands and land you see in the distance are just objects as well.

In fact, I placed Alcatraz Island off of the map!

Alcatraz+Screenshot+2.jpg

You can put castles, farms, skyscrapers, hills, islands off the map, and it creates the illusion of a much larger world. Most of my custom distant terrain is located off of the map.

You can create all sorts of special effects like this. For example, I have a scale model of the Golden Gate Bridge, which barely starts on the map, but goes off to some land in the distance:

Golden+Gate+Bridge.jpg

One of the things about the game, is that unless you modify some of your settings, objects start disappearing as they get farther away. For example, I typicallly cannot see objects placed on the opposite side of my world. They just fade into the distance.

((love your work, All you CC has been very usefull tome))

Thanks, But It just worrys me that even if I go up to the exact location of my ship, I can't see it unless I render it. Then Again I checked in EIG and I had to fly to the edge of the map to see it because it was far, But thats probably just my computer. Ohh well, as long as I can see it in CAW by a method of Selecting it, then take pictures. I'm fine. Because ever since the sim city 5 trailor, That corgo ship made everything worth seeing.
  • Options
    HARIBOWSHARIBOWS Posts: 115 Member
    Hey all, this was the closest forum I could find to my problem, and I can't start a new thread because although I've been playing for years, I'm new to forums. I recently got caw after years of not being able to use it on my old laptop. Got it, learnt how to use it, created my little Island and exported it. In game, when I was starting to design lots and rabbit holes, I see land in the distance (that's fine), except it's all broken and crooked and RUINS the aesthetic of the view in the distance. It looks like broken clouds or something. W
  • Options
    HARIBOWSHARIBOWS Posts: 115 Member
    Was trying to post a print screen picture but it won't seem to allow me, I just want to know if this is a common problem when in game?
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    HARIBOWS wrote: »
    Was trying to post a print screen picture but it won't seem to allow me, I just want to know if this is a common problem when in game?

You can't post images here until you reach a certain post count. Maybe you could reply to a few threads here and there, then come back and try again or post your screenshots somewhere else (like Photobucket or imgur), then drop a link to us here.
    EiFlric.png