Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wasn't she just .. dead?

Hi, this is my first time posting on the forum. I hope I'm posting this in the right place, if not, my apologies.

Before I get to my main topic, I will tell you the games I have. Sims 3 (base), Late Night, Master Suite (SP), Generations and Pets. Now here is my concern.

In one of my families, the oldest daughter had just come home from hanging out and right as she walked in the house, I quit the game because I had somewhere to be. I SAVED it before I turned it off, of course. When I came back to the game some hours later, it opened up to where I had last saved it, only the daughter wasn't there. Then I get a notice saying the family had sold her car because she had died. Of course I have a OMG look on my face and immediately quit the game WITHOUT saving. Restarted it and she was still dead. Her picture in the household lineup was gone. Family members mourning and everything. I didn't feel like playing in that family the rest of the day so I switched households and played in that one for a few hours. This was yesterday.

A couple "sims weeks" later, (Today) I decide to log back into that family, for other reasons, Only to find that daughter was back. She isn't a ghost. She is a regular person just like the other members. Big difference though, in her inventory, she was missing her homework spiral and only had a book. Red dirty looking book. Sul Sul Trapped in Tar.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them? I know this was long winded, forgive me. It's just so odd, I've never had this happen before and neither has anyone that I know that plays these games.

Comments

• Options
    manwitchmanwitch Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited April 2012
    Hi and welcome to the forums! :mrgreen:

I've had the death notice and sold car before, never had them show back up though! I guess you are just lucky. :D
    A Sam Witch is just a Sam Witch ...
  • Options
    SatoriReikoSatoriReiko Posts: 7
    edited April 2012
    manwitch wrote:
    Hi and welcome to the forums! :mrgreen:

I've had the death notice and sold car before, never had them show back up though! I guess you are just lucky. :D

Thank you!

Maybe I am lucky. I googled the name of the book, hoping to find someone that may also have it and found out that its a non-skill book but shows up in inventories of sims that time traveled to the past. Only problem though, I don't have Ambitions, so I don't know how on earth she got her hands on a time machine. But I guess I should count my lucky stars and go back to her little brother's GF's house (the other family I went to play in) and grow some more Death Flowers and try to keep this from happening again.
  • Options
    taraincognitataraincognita Posts: 109 Member
    edited April 2012
    Welcome!

Can't say I've ever had this happen before. Yes, you're lucky for getting her back. Bizarre, very bizarre.