Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would anyone like to borrow a proprietor?

I seem to have a few too many :?

5znpea.jpg
(I hope for your sake that tinypic has resized this, apologies if it hasn't)

Yes, I have checked and yes, they are all proprietors. Apparently the park proprietor job is extremely popular. More showed up after I took this screenshot and more keep showing up as time passes.

The venue is in permanent Simfest mode without a Simfest actually happening and I've only just noticed, f knows how long it's been doing this for. It's broken my game though :(

Comments

• Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited April 2012
    I had this same problem. I ended up bulldozing the lot and replacing it with the smaller park that is in the community lots area in Edit Town. I haven't had it happen since then.
  • Options
    RiaraWinterRiaraWinter Posts: 65
    edited April 2012
    Thanks for the tip! :) Did they all disappear when you bulldozed it? It's STILL spawning proprietors. I don't want to lose the venue though. I've switched it off now because it was driving me crazy (lagging so badly it was practically playing backwards) but I think I'll try saving the lot, bulldozing it and then placing it again. Hopefully that will work. Although I'm finding it quite entertaining in a way :lol:
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    edited April 2012
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

Blame the sluggish economy for all the unemployed proprietors. :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    starguru wrote:
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

Blame the sluggish economy for all the unemployed proprietors. :lol:
    They're still spawning, I haven't fixed it yet. I wonder if I have to audition for all of them before I can get a gig :lol:
  • Options
    dragon114dragon114 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited April 2012
    you could try saving the lost to your bin then replacing it.
  • Options
    stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Its not usually the lot itself that causes this spawning issue, it can happen anywhere - even a sim getting out of a taxi on the street. This has been an issue since LN but was corrected at some point but seems to be back again a lot with ST.

Its the sim itself that is the problem and not the lot. Depending on the sim that causes the spawn there are different ways to solve the issue. You do want to solve it cause it really inhibits game performance.

Do not delete the sims.

The easiest is to, if you recently saved but not saved after they spawned like that is to exit to the main menu without saving and then come back into the game or use resetsim * to send all sims back to there 'home' spot and the extras should disappear.

The proprietor is associated with stage object not the lot but removing the object usually does not remove all the extra proprietors. You can remove the stage, save and exit the game and the part should be cleared and then replace the stage and let it generate an new, and just one, proprietor. If that stage keep spawning like that you have a bit different problem that will require more steps.

There is a mod that apparently cleans up extra sims that are spawned during your game play (you don't even need to know where the duplicate clones are for it to do that) but I forget the name of it. I am sure someone else can fill you in on that.

• Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited April 2012
    that is a lot wow it must be another npc bug issue but it never happen to me yet
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    edited April 2012
    Since the picture is now missing from the first post I can't see how many you have but I also believe the game will spawn a proprioter for every regular non-LN bar you have on a performance lot so that they can serve you drinks.
    Plus there is a hidden Proprioter placement object that tells them where to stand when you visit the lot.
    It's not in Buydebug, you have to have a mod to use it but I guess the lot might have problems if it somehow has more than one of these.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    llamaz231llamaz231 Posts: 180 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I blame the evil LT butlers
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    dragon114 wrote:
    you could try saving the lost to your bin then replacing it.
    Yeah that's what I'm gonna do I think. I get less than a minute of playing time before the game starts to lag too badly to play (20 minutes freeze between 10 seconds playing time, impossible) so I'll have to race my game to get it done :(
    stormwench wrote:
    Its not usually the lot itself that causes this spawning issue, it can happen anywhere - even a sim getting out of a taxi on the street. This has been an issue since LN but was corrected at some point but seems to be back again a lot with ST.

Its the sim itself that is the problem and not the lot. Depending on the sim that causes the spawn there are different ways to solve the issue. You do want to solve it cause it really inhibits game performance.

Do not delete the sims.

The easiest is to, if you recently saved but not saved after they spawned like that is to exit to the main menu without saving and then come back into the game or use resetsim * to send all sims back to there 'home' spot and the extras should disappear.

The proprietor is associated with stage object not the lot but removing the object usually does not remove all the extra proprietors. You can remove the stage, save and exit the game and the part should be cleared and then replace the stage and let it generate an new, and just one, proprietor. If that stage keep spawning like that you have a bit different problem that will require more steps.

There is a mod that apparently cleans up extra sims that are spawned during your game play (you don't even need to know where the duplicate clones are for it to do that) but I forget the name of it. I am sure someone else can fill you in on that.
    Thanks for the detailed reply! What do you mean by THE sim? There are loads of them and I get a new one every minute or so. Is it a problem with the sim I'm playing the game with or a problem with every sim who aspires to be the proprietor for the park?

I don't know how to delete sims so I'm in no danger of doing that. I've saved loads of times since they started spawning: I have no idea when it started, so I can't reload. I'll have to look into resetting sims because I don't know how to do that either.

People building stages seem to be encountering problem after error after glitch so I'm not sure whether to try that or not. I was planning on saving the lot, deleting it, reloading and then planting it back again but I don't know if it'll save my proprietor collection along with everything else. I don't use mods so I'm gonna have to figure a solution out somehow :)
    Alistu wrote:
    Since the picture is now missing from the first post I can't see how many you have but I also believe the game will spawn a proprioter for every regular non-LN bar you have on a performance lot so that they can serve you drinks.
    Plus there is a hidden Proprioter placement object that tells them where to stand when you visit the lot.
    It's not in Buydebug, you have to have a mod to use it but I guess the lot might have problems if it somehow has more than one of these.
    Stupid tinypic. I've replaced it. Lots and lots of proprietors for the same lot and I don't use mods, never have and never will, so it can't be that causing it. Next time I open the game, it's bulldozing time :D
  • Options
    PixelSmilePixelSmile Posts: 471 Member
    edited April 2012
    LOL this is quite a funny glitch! Never came across it before :O I hope you get it sorted!
    logo_studio-ghibli.jpg
  • Options
    KuhlayreKuhlayre Posts: 57
    edited April 2012
    Lol I would, I have the exact opposite problem! I have none
  • Options
    mrln420mrln420 Posts: 577 Member
    edited April 2012
    I have had the same problem.
    th_Video-64.jpg
    My butlers spawn. :mrgreen:
    Just leave game without saving is what I did. I cannot call butlers on this lot it's broken I think
  • Options
    TsunamiGirlTsunamiGirl Posts: 995 Member
    edited April 2012
    I had that problem a few months back only it was with regular sims. I converted a barn into a dive bar. It became extremely popular, to the point that every sim in town would flock to the lot and not leave even though they were almost dieing.
    Screenshot-867.jpg

Resetting the whole town wouldn't work either. They would imediatly leave there houses and head back to the barn. I even bulldozed the lot but again they came back.
    It's like they're all saying, "where did it go?".
    Screenshot-869.jpg

I finally went into world editor and completely deleted the lot itself. Then I replaced it with the same size empty lot and finally no one came back. The barn however will never be placed again. I had enough fun the first time. :lol:
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited April 2012
    Hahah, it's good to know I'm not the only one! My game suddenly started running awful. Lag and freezes were out of control, and then I went for coffee... dundumdundum!

Screenshot-146.jpg
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg