Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help Please! Invisible butler, unable to marry

:cry: Hi, sorry if this has been mentioned before, but it's been awhile since I've played, or been on the site. I did some searching but was unable to find any answers. TY in advance for any possible help.

Issue 1. Invisible butler. I hired a butler. Decided I didn't want him, and fired him. He came back the next day, and I fired him again. The third day, he showed up (well not really) invisible. I can't click on him, even if I manage to find him, ie; sittin in chairs, cooking, cleaning, etc. Is there a fix to this? I just installed Pets, and Generations yesterday, so all my patches/fixes should be up-to-date.

Issue 2. Unable to get married. I merged a guy with my current household, had them fall in love, etc. However, no matter how many interactions, I have available, they never get the propose option. Do I need to buy the arch? They are at 100% on their relationship bar, and are able to do EVERYTHING except get married.

Issue 3. Frequent Crashes. Ever since I installed Gen and Pets, I'm crashing quite frequently. Complete computer lock-up. I admit I was my laptop is almost 3 years old, but still has quite a lot of ram/mem and a dual core processor. It was top of the line when I bought it. I was able to play without interuptions before the additions of the Gen and Pets. Is there an issue with Gen and Pets causing crashes, or is my 3 year old system out of date already?

As I said, TY in advance to any who answer.
Please Answer... lol

Comments

• Options
    RiaraWinterRiaraWinter Posts: 65
    edited April 2012
    Cynicalbit wrote:
    Issue 3. Frequent Crashes. Ever since I installed Gen and Pets, I'm crashing quite frequently. Complete computer lock-up. I admit I was my laptop is almost 3 years old, but still has quite a lot of ram/mem and a dual core processor. It was top of the line when I bought it. I was able to play without interuptions before the additions of the Gen and Pets. Is there an issue with Gen and Pets causing crashes, or is my 3 year old system out of date already?
    Same deal, except mine is four years old now. It was the best available when I bought it, I've never upgraded anything on it and there's only one game that I've bought so far that it is unable to run. If my laptop can run Skyrim without issues, it should be able to run the Sims 3. It ran just fine until a short while ago - I hosted a Sim on tour and it wasn't locking up at all - but just recently I get maybe a few minutes of okay playing time before the game dies. After that I have to wait sometimes up to 20 minutes in between the 2 minutes of okay gaming time, which just makes the game not worth playing anymore.