Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Motive Mobile not being chosen

My sim's Motive Mobile isn't being taken when I either click on it to specify the destination or otherwise. The celebrity limo comes instead... anyone else having this problem or am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited April 2012
    Are your Sims in one of the new showtime career ? They seem to prefer the limo over every vehicle you give them.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    MichabeanMichabean Posts: 452 Member
    edited April 2012
    This issue has been appearing even before Showtime. I would like some technical feedback on this...
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    What do you mean by technical feedback ? Why this is happening code-wise ? I don't know. Sorry.

Did you make it the preferred vehicle for the Sim ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    CitrusmoonCitrusmoon Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited April 2012
    It doesn't matter if you made it your preferred vehicle or not. The sim just uses limo <.< It's quite annoying.
    I've tried resetsim cheat on my lv10 Magician career sim, and she still uses limo anywhere she goes.
    自分のアバター作ってみたにょ。難しいにょ!シムズ楽しすぎにょ!
    Win 10 Pro 64 bit / ASUS Maximus VII / Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4 GHz / Cosair Vengeance 16GB RAM / NVidia GeForce GTX 980 SLi / Samsung SSD 840 PRO HDD
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I meant a solution or work-around to the issue and whether or not it was indeed a glitch. If so, it has been happening for quite a while now! I posted here hoping to get technical support from EA or anyone else's feedback. I'm also contacting them at the same time. Yes, that's the only vehicle he has and it is in his inventory. No room for a parking space on his lot yet.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    @Citrusmoon: Yeah, that is true for the new careers, but the OP said it was happening to them before ST.

Did you have the issue with other careers ?

@Michabean: Did you click on it and make it the preferred vehicle ? It might help. Which career is your Sim in ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited April 2012
    crinrict, yes it's his preferred vehicle by default, I checked it by rolling over the Motive Magenta in his inventory. But I didn't go through the operation because as soon as I purchased it, it was already tagged as "preferred vehicle".

The issue, if I remember well, has been happening at LEAST since Ambitions (could have been earlier) but I can't be sure. I definitely remember this happening in Bridgeport quite a lot. I wonder if it's related only to the Limos or any other car you buy in the in-game store.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    There might be a mod that helps. I know my Sims used the mobile but I don't think they were in a career with Limo when I had one.

There might be a mod out there that can help you. All I can think of.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Here's my "EA Customer Experience" regarding the two issues posted here, so ifg there is any EA developper out there I'd be glad to hear from them :

You are now ready to chat with Shobhit.
    Shobhit: Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Shobhit how may I help you?
    you: Hi
    you: sorry for the delay
    Shobhit: Hello
    Shobhit: No problem
    you: I have two questions regarding the TS3 game and its expansions
    Shobhit: Sure
    you: 1st - The installers are now quitting unexpectedly for some reason. I have made a clean uninstall and then tried reinstalling the base galme but in all occasions one or two EPs or SPs quit while installing
    you: 2nd - The Motive Mobile feature in the game is not working properly
    Shobhit: I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
    you: in fact, it hasn't been behaving as it should for quite a while and I never saw a patch for it
    you: that's fine
    you: no apologies necessary
    you: just solutions ;)
    Shobhit: Sure you will get the solution
    Shobhit: Did you recently update the patch of the game ?
    you: yes, I followed all the instructions regarding installation to the letter
    you: the game is up to date
    you: but i couldn't install the SPs
    Shobhit: Okay
    you: this is an issue that other people have been having , according to what I gathered over the forums
    Shobhit: Thank you for waiting. I really appreciate your patience.
    Shobhit: Go to the applications folder
    2. Select The Sims 3 folder
    3. Right click on The Sims 3 app
    4. Select "Show Package Contents"
    5. The directory will be Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/program files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages
    6. Move everything from the Packages folder to a newly created folder on the desktop
    7. Start up the game and see if this further helps get the issue resolved

you: I have no Mods folder currently
    Shobhit: Delete the game preferences folder for a fresh start.
    Sometimes, issues can be traced back to settings specific to a game going awry over time. Deleting your game's preferences folder will force it to create a new folder with the default files and settings intact.

From the system's desktop, select the Go menu along the top of the screen.
    Select the Home option (short cut: Shift, Apple, H)
    Open the folder labeled Library followed by the Preferences folder.
    Find and delete the preferences folder for the game in question.
    Now, the next time you play the game, it will load with default settings and will create a new preferences folder.

you: Ok
    you: I will try this
    Shobhit: Thanks
    you: Is this for the 1st or 2nd issue?
    you: it's for the in-game Motive Mobile?
    Shobhit: 1st
    you: oh ok
    Shobhit: Thanks
    Shobhit: Thank you for contacting EA. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    you: Yes
    you: I would like to know how exactly I apply this step while installing the game
    you: and there is still issue number 2
    Shobhit: Please read the steps provided below and for issue 2 you need to post the issue on the forum so that the game developers can assist you
    you: oh ok
    Shobhit: Thank you David
    you: the steps do not adress the issue
    you: there is no prefernces folder before installing the game
    you: so when I am installing the EPs
    you: when exactly do I delete the prefernces folder?
    you: do I delete the prefernces folder before installing each and every EP?
    Shobhit: Delete the game preferences folder for a fresh start
    Shobhit: Yes
    you: a fresh start of what?
    you: I am not tryi,ng to restart my game
    Shobhit: EP
    you: I am trying to install it
    Shobhit: Yes fresh start of EP.
    you: please explain "fresh start"
    Shobhit: Sure, fresh start means
    Shobhit: Sometimes, issues can be traced back to settings specific to a game going awry over time. Deleting your game's preferences folder will force it to create a new folder with the default files and settings intact
    you: yes
    you: this is for playing the game
    you: for starting the game
    you: I am not trying to do that
    you: I can play the game fine
    you: I am trying to INSTALL EPs
    you: and SPs
    you: please read issue # 1
    you: that I posted on top
    you: The installers are now quitting unexpectedly for some reason. I have made a clean uninstall and then tried reinstalling the base galme but in all occasions one or two EPs or SPs quit while installing
    Shobhit: Yes I aware of it
    you: the issue is with the installation, not the playing
    you: therefore
    you: "fresh start" does not apply
    Shobhit: First of all, use the Uninstaller in The Sims 3 Applications Folder to uninstall all your EPs, SPs and the Base Game. When you have deleted all of these you need to do the following:
    you: The Uninstaller is corrupt
    Shobhit: For Leopard/Snow Leopard users:
    - Open a Finder window, click on your Home/User folder (the one with the picture of the house next to it), open the Library folder in the right-hand pane then open the Preferences folder.
    Shobhit: For Lion users:
    - Make sure you are in Finder by clicking anywhere on the Desktop, it will say Finder in the menu bar, next to the Apple logo.
    - Click on Go. When the dropdown box appears press the Option key (alt) on your keyboard. The Library folder will now appear. Click on Library then open the Preference folder.
    you: it got corrupted when trying to install one of the EPs
    you: yes I have alrerady done these steps before installing
    you: I did a clean uninstall before reinstalling
    you: I deleted all the trabnsgaming files in the preferences folder as well
    Shobhit: I can suggest is to use the Movie Maker cheats within Sims 3 then using the Mac screenshot (cmd + shift +3) as opposed to the Sims 3 screenshot.

you: Indeed, I have noticed that the icons for some EPs is pixelised but this does not help me with the installation issue now does it?
    you: What shjould I do after I take a screenshot? Will that help me with the installations? Please give me the steps
    you: thank you
    Shobhit: You're welcome
    you: hello?
    Shobhit: I'm still looking into your issue. Thanks for your patience.
    you: May i ask how?
    Shobhit: Please try running your system using the Windows clean boot option. That way you would be able to locate any program that might be interfering with the game. The instructions for clean booting your operating system can be found at the below given link: - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
    Shobhit: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
    you: Microsoft???
    you: why
    you: Please note that on https://help.ea.com/connect-with-us?product=the-sims-3
    you: the page prompts us to specify our operating systems
    you: before choosing to speak to an EA assistant
    Shobhit: Please post the issue on the forum so that the game developers can assist you.
    you: I have a Mac
    Shobhit: Please post the issue on the forum so that the game developers can assist you.
    you: ok
    you: so game developers are on the forum?
    you: could you please give me their identification names
    you: how do I know who they are?
    Shobhit: Please post the issue on the forum they will post the answer on the forum only
    you: Is there a specific section on the forum?
    you: could you please give me the name of that section?
    Shobhit: You can post the website below
    Shobhit: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/list.page
    you: that is the forum page indeed
    you: and which section are they in?
    you: all of them?
    you: or is there a specific one?
    Shobhit: All of them
    you: Unfortunately, I haven't had such luck
    Shobhit: Please post the issue and you will get the answer there only
    you: I have already posted in the Technical Discussion section and no EA developer has answered
    you: at least not yet
    you: I posted it before contacting EA support
    you: I 'll check opne more time
    Shobhit: Please post the issue and you will get the answer
    Shobhit: Okay
    Shobhit: Thank you for contacting EA. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    you: nope
    you: nothing there yet
    Shobhit: Thank you for choosing EA Customer Experience
    Shobhit: Bye and take care