Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too late to resurrect dead stalker fan?

My sim got an invite to perform at a big venue for the first time. During the performance, I noticed one of the sims in the audience was dying of starvation (you'd think they'd go eat instead of attend a concert but whatever). After the show, it being a big venue and all, everyone cleared out and I sent my sim home to tend to her garden (more of a farm to be honest).

As soon as my sim wandered into the garden area to get harvesting, the dying sim showed up outside the house. I made my sim leave the garden, thinking I could probably stuff the dying sim with food so she wouldn't die, but as soon as the dying sim took two steps onto my lot, she dropped dead. The grim reaper showed up and did his thing, and my poor sim was left with a stranger's grave and corpse remains on her driveway.

My sim cleaned up the remains and put the grave in her inventory, but she also got a wish to resurrect the dead sim, which I've never seen before. She's only level 8 in the cooking skill at the moment, so I can't make ambrosia. Can I resurrect the dead sim using the grave, or did my sim need to leave the remains in order to resurrect the dead sim? I don't know whether to take the grave to the cemetary or leave it in her inventory until she can make ambrosia. This game is so weird sometimes :?

Comments

• Options
    Cat0EyeCat0Eye Posts: 4,629 New Member
    edited April 2012
    If she wants to resurrect it you might get an opportunity from the science facility to do just that...for a fee of course...so i would hang on to the grave. If you leave on your lot maybe they will visit :lol:
  • Options
    RiaraWinterRiaraWinter Posts: 65
    edited April 2012
    Oh, I didn't think of the science facility for some reason. Do I have to wait for the opportunity or will the science facility have it as an option as long as I keep the grave? My sim has the wish (with 10,000 lifetime happiness points attached to it) and I don't like losing my townies :( My sim doesn't know the townie who died though - I've never even seen her around before :lol:
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited April 2012
    you can keep the grave on your lot and when you learn to make ambrosia you can feed him it he will be a ghost on your lot, or wait till the oh my ghost comes and take it to the science lab he will then be a playable ghost and can eat the ambrosia then to.
    keep the grave on your lot to get the opportunity.
  • Options
    RiaraWinterRiaraWinter Posts: 65
    edited April 2012
    Oh :? Do any of my options turn the sim into an actual non-ghost died-but-didn't sim? I don't want the ghost on my lot, the sim is a total stranger, and I don't want them to be playable either. I want them to sod off back to the household they came from, just as a living sim instead of a dead one or a ghost. If I can't do that (without mods) then it's off to the cemetary with them :(