Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fishing in Starlight Shores

Does anyone happen to know where I can find Blowfish in Starlight Shores? That's one of the achievement things my Sim wants to do and I'm not sure where to find it. lol She's a level 10 fisherwoman.

Comments

• Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited April 2012
    I checked The Sims wiki and found that it would be in a saltwater fishing spot(the ocean)and that it's bait should be a potato

here is where I found the info. Be warned that it shows the bait for every fish so if you want to find that out on your own you might not want to go to the link. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Fishing_(The_Sims_3)
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited April 2012
    There is a fishing spot just offshore from the far-left section of the beach. Below the house that overhangs the cliff. And while we're on the topic of fishing spots in Starlight Shores, does anyone know where to fish for Dragon Fish? My Sim rolled the opportunity to bring three of them to the Science facility but I've yet to figure out wher to get them. Thanks!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Freedom98Freedom98 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    does anyone know where to fish for Dragon Fish?

China.

ETA: Except I don't know if they've fixed that bug where you couldn't bring back any fish from WA destinations anymore.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited April 2012
    Oh, shoot! That's what I figured. Guess I'll need to place a spawner in Buydebug mode because I hate taking the time to travel to the WA destinations.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    RiaraWinterRiaraWinter Posts: 65
    edited April 2012
    Freedom98 wrote:
    ETA: Except I don't know if they've fixed that bug where you couldn't bring back any fish from WA destinations anymore.
    I have that bug. I was so p*🐸🐸🐸🐸 when I noticed it. Fishing is one of the main reasons that I go on WA trips.

Also on the topic of SS fishing, I can't find fishing locations for robot fish, kissing gourami (or however it's spelt), sea sludge and sewer trilobite. Bar the WA fish, I think I've found all the others. I know you can get the three from LN if you fish in the correct type of water, but I can't find anywhere where there's actually fish swimming around already and they just happen to be mixed in. It's a case of standing for hours and hoping that my Sim ends up with one of the fish that I need from a location where no fish are swimming :? And I have no idea where to find the robot fish at all. I've found three starfish though.

Edit: censorship is fun.
  • Options
    Freedom98Freedom98 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I can't find fishing locations for robot fish, kissing gourami (or however it's spelt), sea sludge and sewer trilobite.

No idea about the Robot Fish, the Sea Sludge and the Sewer Trilobite - but the Kissing Gourami can be found at the cemetary and at Buckshot Lake.
  • Options
    RiaraWinterRiaraWinter Posts: 65
    edited April 2012
    I found the robot fish at Buckshot Lake (about as far from the science facility as you can get) but I didn't find any of the others. My sim's cat finds them when it hunts for fish, so I'll just have to wait until kitty has found ten of each one and then dump them somewhere so they're easier to find.
  • Options
    SondajaySondajay Posts: 23 Member
    edited June 2012
    The sea sludge I got from the beach in starlight shores I think you have to have read the fishing books, my sim catches the sea sludge a lot