Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC problems?

Having a big problem with my CC :(. None of it is wokring at all, i've done what I would have normally done, installed from the exchange, opened with TS3, and installed it through the launcher. Then I went into my game and none of it has shown up. Everything i've ever downloaded before has gone too! I just don't know what to do :(
Help anyone?

Comments

• Options
    mysimBrendamysimBrenda Posts: 1,998 Member
    edited March 2012
    I used to have this problem. It got to the point where I no longer use ANY third party CC through the launcher at all, just store stuff. What I do is, if I see something I like that is in sim3pack format, I install it through the launcher to get the package file in the DCBackup the launcher automatically creates when something is installed. I take the package files and throw them in with all of my other original package files in the Packages folder. Then I uninstall the third part CC once I get what I need from it. I don't download from the exchange. So much bad CC floats around it's ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Where is the DCBackup and the packages folder?
    Thanks for the help btw, I just cant find them :L
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In your Sims 3 Folder.
  • Options
    Jacqueline09Jacqueline09 Posts: 221
    edited March 2012
    I used to have this problem. It got to the point where I no longer use ANY third party CC through the launcher at all, just store stuff. What I do is, if I see something I like that is in sim3pack format, I install it through the launcher to get the package file in the DCBackup the launcher automatically creates when something is installed. I take the package files and throw them in with all of my other original package files in the Packages folder. Then I uninstall the third part CC once I get what I need from it. I don't download from the exchange. So much bad CC floats around it's ridiculous.
    Wow I did not know that the game did this is there any to clear it out without hurting my game? I'm trying to cut back and clean up my cc.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Wow I did not know that the game did this is there any to clear it out without hurting my game? I'm trying to cut back and clean up my cc.

It won't hurt the game engine at all. The most it will do is replace any missing third party CC that was used at the time of uninstallation with in-game proxies (the game's objects and/or clothes). However, when you do install third party CC through the launcher, make sure it is everything that you want and things that you use the most, because the package file is a string of numbers and letters, and not the original name of the sims3pack file, just a serial number. It's a pain trying to figure out which is which, so instead I took out all the crap I hardly use or simply don't want anymore and installed the things I will keep to get the package file. I went from 1000+ files to 300. Another thing I do is combine my package files. The game runs flawlessly and the lag is gone.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I did this and it wouldnt start my game at all, it just froze on the loading screen several times and I had to turn my mac off at the wall :/