Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why am I forced to do update??

pac5pac5 Posts: 8 New Member
I downloaded the update when it came out and my game stopped running well. I removed the old sims 3 and reinstalled and now my game won't start up without me updating to the new patch. :cry: My downloads are there, but I lost the ability to cheat. I used to be able to enter testingcheatsenabled true and click on a sim and all these cheats would come up. What happened after the patch. I don't want this patch, I want the other patch that I had before 1.2.7. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    LillienLillien Posts: 50 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I did the same thing and was forced to update too. I thought for a while that I was back to 1.3, but I checked the version and it only updated me to 1.2.7. Dunno why, but I'm glad it did!
    I don't know if it will do the same for you but I hope it will. (unless you already clicked the update and it took you to 1.3, I couldn't tell if you had or not)
  • Options
    CorgwnArmadaCorgwnArmada Posts: 460 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I didn't *have* to install the update. There was a "cancel" option. hmm.
    Deselecting "auto updates" didn't work?
  • Options
    ShadowShadow Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Several websites uploaded the 1.2.7 patch, but those who use Mac, you can't download it.
  • Options
    unsecretcrushunsecretcrush Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Shadow wrote:
    Several websites uploaded the 1.2.7 patch, but those who use Mac, you can't download it.

Why is that, exactly? Does it have something to do with Cider?
  • Options
    ShadowShadow Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Shadow wrote:

Why is that, exactly? Does it have something to do with Cider?

Because EA doesn't think of the Mac community.
  • Options
    ScraverXScraverX Posts: 762 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I believe it's because Mac stores the App a completely different (and better) way to how Windows does. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    VirdogVirdog Posts: 23 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Because Cider isn't ready to be used in a commercial product? I sure wish EA would go back to the manual patch method.
  • Options
    pac5pac5 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It doesn't give me the option to cancel when I reinstall I press the play button and it asks me if I want to update I click no and the game quits. Please help, I hate the way my computer runs with this update.
  • Options
    celestejwilliamscelestejwilliams Posts: 24 Member
    edited August 2009
    Shadow wrote:

All the patches so far have downloaded fine for me, on Auto-Update through the Launcher.

I'm using an Intel iMac.