Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can I build water on different levels on my world without using lots?

glen416glen416 Posts: 380 New Member
8) Does anyone know How can I build water on different levels on my world without using lots?

Comments

• Options
    SHadowfiend69SHadowfiend69 Posts: 262 Member
    edited March 2012
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited March 2012
    That thread is pretty much outdated now. Atavera has figured out a way to use the hidden features in caw, one of which is a pond tool that creates a water plane anywhere you want on the map. Don't be intimidated by the tutorial, just do it step by step, and you'll have Super Caw up and running. :mrgreen:

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Modding the Create-a-World Tool to Unlock Hidden Features
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited March 2012
    That thread is pretty much outdated now. Atavera has figured out a way to use the hidden features in caw, one of which is a pond tool that creates a water plane anywhere you want on the map. Don't be intimidated by the tutorial, just do it step by step, and you'll have Super Caw up and running. :mrgreen:

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Modding the Create-a-World Tool to Unlock Hidden Features

I thought the pool tool in the Super CAW was defunct because EA said it caused problems. They don't use it.
    Notably, the 'Pond Tool' is apparently abandoned and not used by EA, due to 'known problems internally'
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited March 2012
    Well slap my face and strap some duck tape on it! I hadn't read that little ditty.
  • Options
    simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited March 2012
    Well slap my face and strap some duck tape on it! I hadn't read that little ditty.
    :lol: I only added that bit a few days ago, Lynds. It's just a reminder that worlds made using the pond tool will need to be tested.

I've tested worlds of my own made with the water plane tools for many sim generations, so I know that they work, but have not tested the pond tool much.
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Super Caw, ahhhh feel the power!!!!

:lol:

Every time I stop building worlds for awile some bright spark unlocks something new, a water tool sound very cool.
  • Options
    glen416glen416 Posts: 380 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Stw402 wrote:
    Super Caw, ahhhh feel the power!!!!

:lol:

Every time I stop building worlds for awile some bright spark unlocks something new, a water tool sound very cool.

Unfortunally if i wait too long to make a world EA updates the CAW and i have to use the New version.
  • Options
    Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited March 2012
    What you said is very true, it's a rather long tutorial to update after each patch, I was thinking of updating to the super caw, but there is very little in the update I can't do the old way. But knowing what I'm like curiosity will probable get the better of me and when I get a few spare hours I will update caw, just to see what them shiny new buttons do.
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited March 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:

I thought the pool tool in the Super CAW was defunct because EA said it caused problems. They don't use it.
    Notably, the 'Pond Tool' is apparently abandoned and not used by EA, due to 'known problems internally'

Well, EA used it quite a lot in Lunar Lakes.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited March 2012
    clubers wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:

Well, EA used it quite a lot in Lunar Lakes.

Not the same way.