Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll for next contest. **CLOSED**

I am running this poll to find out what would be the best contest to run.

Theme - Performers or Sci-Fi

Prizes - What kind of prize would you like to win?

That's it, simple. I had planned to do a sci-fi themed contest but with Showtime out and everyone enjoying it thought maybe that would be best.

Post your thoughts and opinions, contest will be posted this weekend sometime and run for 2 weeks as normal.

Comments

• Options
    JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited March 2012
    Why don't you combine it into 1 contest if you can't decide? As in if it's a contest about sim making the participants have a choice whether they want to go Showbiz or Sci-Fi on it, same with a building contest.

I was going to choose Showbiz because there have been so many Sci-Fi contests already since the release of Lunar Lakes but then again there have already been a few Showtime-themed contests as well.

As for prizes, I'd go for SimPoints.
  • Options
    kayla1686kayla1686 Posts: 1,697 Member
    edited March 2012
    I like Joolster's idea but my vote goes to Sci-Fi <3!
    Personally I'd be more likely to enter a Sci-Fi contest over a Showtime contest.

As for prizes anything is fine imo. If your contest is fun and interesting I think people will enter no matter what the prize is. :-)
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited March 2012
    a 2 cent....

make a competition so open that people even with the base game only can take part... if posible.... (if you want a stage build for ST it isn't)

Personally the prize isn't what makes me play in a competition, it is if it is apealing to me... is a challeng... something I want to try my hand at....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    edited March 2012
    Same about the prize I usually enter for the fun of the competition so don't worry too much about the prize.
    Simpoints would be easiest cos winners can choose their own items. If you had it for a specific item some simmers mightn't enter if they have it.

I'm stuck on which one to pick to be honest. I don't have ST but if it's a screenshot competition I could fake it haha! Or use a band from LN.
    I'm leaning more towards performers though cos I havn't seen a contest like that around recently.
  • Options
    arainza24arainza24 Posts: 1,825 Member
    edited March 2012
    Hmm...I think I'd choose performers :D since showtime came out, I was hoping for some kind of contest that involved singing on stage or doing other stuff :D So I'd go with performers :D And I think I might join this contest but I'm not sure yet. But i got a great idea for my first entry picture :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    arainza24 wrote:
    Hmm...I think I'd choose performers :D since showtime came out, I was hoping for some kind of contest that involved singing on stage or doing other stuff :D So I'd go with performers :D And I think I might join this contest but I'm not sure yet. But i got a great idea for my first entry picture :-)
    Oh and the prizes....well, I'd go with if someone wins, then he or she will get to choose which item they want from their wishlist :D
  • Options
    thesimlingthesimling Posts: 4,486 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Performers and either KPCE Showtime (just a suggestion, I know it's very expensive but I'm just giving you ideas) or SimPoints :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    arainza24 wrote:
    arainza24 wrote:
    Oh and the prizes....well, I'd go with if someone wins, then he or she will get to choose which item they want from their wishlist :D

Saying 1 item is... risky... it can be a person have only Luna Lakes on their list.... and another have 10 25sp items....

if points best let it be a set amount.

@Thesimling
    If offering EP's or other games, it is first of very expensive as you do note, secondly it will make it imposible for some people to join do to difrent countries.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    arainza24 wrote:
    arainza24 wrote:

Saying 1 item is... risky... it can be a person have only Luna Lakes on their list.... and another have 10 25sp items....

@Thesimling
    If offering EP's or other games, it is first of very expensive as you do note, secondly it will make it imposible for some people to join do to difrent countries.

So are you saying that if someone wins then he or she will get to choose which set that they want from the store?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    arainza24 wrote:
    anettesb wrote:
    arainza24 wrote:
    arainza24 wrote:

@Thesimling

So are you saying that if someone wins then he or she will get to choose which set that they want from the store?

No I'm saying that if...
    if someone wins, then he or she will get to choose which item they want from their wishlist

as you said

she will risk a gready person, demanding to get Luna Lakes or a set where she was thinking a 100 sp item....

to state the prise as x number of items is a risky buisness... items comes in many prices.... from 10sp (page goodies) to over 2000sp
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    arainza24 wrote:
    anettesb wrote:
    arainza24 wrote:
    arainza24 wrote:

@Thesimling

No I'm saying that if...
    if someone wins, then he or she will get to choose which item they want from their wishlist

as you said

she will risk a gready person, demanding to get Luna Lakes or a set where she was thinking a 100 sp item....

to state the prise as x number of items is a risky buisness... items comes in many prices.... from 10sp (page goodies) to over 2000sp

Oh so your saying that if she were to gift someone if he or she wins, then she will gift them something like, about 100 simpoints in third wishlist? Like that? Sorry if I'm not making any sense. But if the host of the contest would say that if someone wins he or she will be gifted something worth 100 simpoints or maybe lower then that. Right?
  • Options
    BoltzY2kBoltzY2k Posts: 11,123 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I prefer a performance type contest. And as for the prizes its best to probably have a set amount of simpoints and let the winners choose what they want.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I agree with bolt :D Hmm....maybe set the amount to 100 simpoints or something like that :D
  • Options
    DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I'd go for Sci-Fi :)
  • Options
    JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited March 2012
    PhotogSim wrote:
    I am running this poll to find out what would be the best contest to run.

Theme - Performers or Sci-Fi

Prizes - What kind of prize would you like to win?

That's it, simple. I had planned to do a sci-fi themed contest but with Showtime out and everyone enjoying it thought maybe that would be best.

Post your thoughts and opinions, contest will be posted this weekend sometime and run for 2 weeks as normal.

I think a good idea for a contest would be based on performers, Make a house on a small lot that reflects their profession.

Prize could be the new set Seeing Stars or something like that. or as a previous simmer mentioned. Simpoints.
    anettesb wrote:
    make a competition so open that people even with the base game only can take part... if posible.... (if you want a stage build for ST it isn't)

I really like this idea as well!
  • Options
    PhotogSimPhotogSim Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited March 2012
    Looks like the performers are winning the battle :)

I will leave this open until midnight PST and get a official count.

Either way it will be another fun contest, I was blown away with the awesome entries in my African 🐸🐸🐸🐸 contest. Can't wait to see what you all come up with this time.

Thanks for all the responses.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Performers all the way! Whoo! :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Will you count guitar and other instruments as preformer?.... to let all take part?

pet.php?id=7855661 pet.php?id=7855648 pet.php?id=7828999
  • Options
    PhotogSimPhotogSim Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited March 2012
    Looks like performers won out 6 to 2. :)

Poll closed.

Contest will be announced either today or tomorrow :)

Thank you all for the responses.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Yay! Performers all the way!