The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Big Brother Experiment - Who will be the last Sim standing?

2a6wd21.gif
I base this idea off of these Big Brother Challenge rules. Basically, eight random Sims will be locked in a house together and left to their own devices. I will not interfere with their actions, just observe how they cope on their own. The last Sim standing wins the game.

I have modified the rules a bit: (1) I won't be evicting anyone; to be eliminated, they will have to die, and (2) I will have slightly different challenges/weekly tasks.

Please click on any of the links below to see what happened on any particular day.
Week 1 Day 1
Week 1 Day 2
Week 1 Day 3 is under construction

sct3xx.png"width=550""height=100"

Comments

• Options
    5139851398 Posts: 850 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Week 1 Day 1

screenshot_original.jpg
    Introducing the eight poor Sims who will fight to the finish.
    From left to right:
    Iqbal Alvi (Adult; Absent-Minded, No Sense of Humor, Neurotic, Couch Potato, Angler.)
    Simis Bachelor (Adult; Neurotic, Inappropriate, Handy, Family-Oriented, Frugal.)
    Molly French (Adult; Slob, Flirty, Party Animal, Daredevil, Hopeless Romantic.)
    Vita Alto (Adult; Schmoozer, Snob, Charistmatic, Evil, Ambitious.)
    Agnes Crumplebottom (Young Adult; Loner, Bookworm, Hopeless Romantic, Frugal, Grumpy.)
    Marty Keaton (Young Adult; Neurotic, Great Kisser, Loves the Outdoors, Athletic, Friendly.)
    Cycl0n3 Sw0rd (Young Adult; Couch Potato, Absent-Minded, Genius, Inappropriate, Computer Whiz.)
    Madison VanWatsen (Young Adult; Excitable, Clumsy, Childish, Snob, Ambitious.)

screenshot_original.jpg
    And this is their very humble home. It is pretty ugly, and has almost nothing but the bare minimum. It is completely fenced off so the Sims don't wander away.

screenshot_original.jpg
    The bedroom: four double beds, and a fire place. There are three doors leading out of it. There is also a stereo, to keep them up at night until they learn to turn it off (I'm not even sure if Sims can do that... oh well :XD: )

screenshot_original.jpg
    The kitchen: Top-notch kitchen appliances, and a fire place (I wonder what the Sims will do if there's a fire...)

screenshot_original.jpg
    The bathroom: Small and communal, for both genders. There are four toilets, sinks, three mirrors, as well as showers in two seperate rooms and a washer and dryer.

~~~~~~~~~~

I set it to high free will. I also lit all the fire places, and turned on the stereo. The Sim lifespan is set to Long. Some of the Sims did have stuff in their inventory, all of which I took away. I also made all of them quit their jobs.

screenshot_original.jpg
    I left the Sims alone then, and they all immediately went off to admire their new stuff. All of them except for Vita, that is. She went to admire herself in the mirror.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Well, the Sims can turn off the stereo, so at least they won't be too tormented at night.

screenshot_original.jpg
    However, they are still in for trouble: It is not even halfway into the first day, and a fire starts in the kitchen.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Every Sim rushes over, as they always do.

screenshot_original.jpg
    And they get dangerously close to the fire, as they always do.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Simis catches on fire, but Molly rushes over to save him.

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Molly nearly extinguishes Simis...

screenshot_original.jpg
    However, Simis still dies :( Not even one day over, and one is already dead...

screenshot_original.jpg
    Apparently already forgetting what just happened to Simis, Molly plays with the fire in the kitchen fire place.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Brief update: I install outdoor lamps, in case something happens during the night and I need to take screenshots. (So cold-hearted, I know :roll: )

screenshot_original.jpg
    Agnes daydreams about fire alarms, but I see no reason to provide one. The lot is fenced in anyway, and even if the firefighters came next time, they wouldn't be able to get in and save the rest of the Sims.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Iqbal just adores his new lamp posts....

screenshot_original.jpg
    I just don't get Iqbal. You can clearly see from the little thought bubble that he still remembers Simis, but does that stop him from poking the fire? Nooooo.

screenshot_original.jpg
    And now Agnes, too. I always thought she had some sense in her head, she just looks so... well-educated and business-like. But apparently not.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Marty obviously does not share Iqbal's feelings about the lamp post...

screenshot_original.jpg
    Molly gets a bit hungry and starts making Hamburger, the most expensive meal she can make.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Finally Agnes starts acting as neat and proper as she looks like she should. (And I swear I did not even notice Marty there when I uploaded the picture :XD: )

screenshot_original.jpg
    They all love the lamp posts!

screenshot_original.jpg
    Oh yes, certainly the most civilized place to mourn Simis... :roll:

screenshot_original.jpg
    Oh, sure, why not let Cycl0n3 join the party?

screenshot_original.jpg
    Marty starts preparing hot dogs, even though there's obviously a plate of fresh, §35 hamburgers there for him to eat.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Only Marty has a problem with the hamburgers, which were labeled Very Nice Quality by the game.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Marty takes forever making his hot dogs, then finally finishes making them, which end up to be only Normal Quality, and goes off to eat them alone, because everyone else is already done eating.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Cycl0n3 washes his plate in the bathroom sink, even though there is a sink in the kitchen that is so much closer, and more hygenic.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Iqbal goes to put away the leftovers, but what's the point? Marty will make more food anyway. :evil:

screenshot_original.jpg
    I didn't know Sims could turn off lights by themselves, but Agnes just did :shock: She just clapped her hands and they turned off.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Now Marty is playing with the fire too. But maybe that wasn't his intent--he looks more like he's looking up the chimney for the ghost of Simis than playing with the fire.

screenshot_original.jpg
    And here's Agnes doing... more laundry.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Vita scares Molly...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited March 2012
    Oh wow, I'll definitely be following this! It's funny to see the premades battling it out in Big Brother :)

Poor Simis, haha! That was a quick death...
  • Options
    Gatorade3Gatorade3 Posts: 4,093 Member
    edited March 2012
    I like :D I'm attempting to do one of the classic Big Brother challenges :P But so far no one's applied D: You can if you want :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Jojo777 wrote:
    Oh wow, I'll definitely be following this! It's funny to see the premades battling it out in Big Brother :)

Poor Simis, haha! That was a quick death...
    I'm glad you're enjoying it :) I was really interested in just experimenting with high free will, because I've never really used it before, and why not turn it into a challenge while I'm at it :wink:
    Honestly, I now know that I probably won't use high free will in the future. Really, Simis dying within three hours of me setting him loose? :-o
    Gatorade3 wrote:
    I like :D I'm attempting to do one of the classic Big Brother challenges :P But so far no one's applied D: You can if you want :)
    I checked it out, and it seems really fun :) However, I'm sorry, I'm not really comfortable giving out my email :oops: :( I'm sure you'll get a lot of contestants, though (not everyone is as paranoid as me, and the RPG does really seem unique and interesting :))

Edit: So many typos :oops:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    51398 wrote:
    Gatorade3 wrote:
    I checked it out, and it seems really fun :) However, I'm sorry, I'm not really comfortable giving out my email :oops: :( I'm sure you'll get a lot of contestants, though (not everyone is as paranoid as me, and the RPG does really seem unique and interesting :))
    Oh its totally fine, its probably why no one's applied yet. I tried to make it so that you would be more inclined to sending out the email, but messaging someone on here works just as fine. As long as the quizzes are sent, I don't care how, ther isn't a problem.

Anyways, good luck with this! Its going pretty well ;)
  • Options
    Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited March 2012
    I like the rest of day one! Haha, the guys mourning Simis in the bathroom :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Week 1 Day 2

screenshot_original.jpg
    It is now two o'clock in the morning and none of the Sims are sleeping yet, even though they are all very tired.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Except Agnes, who is... doing laundry. *facepalm*

screenshot_original.jpg
    A notice pops up that Marty's wife just have birth... while Marty was doing laundry. Seriously, what is wrong with these Sims? :evil:

screenshot_original.jpg
    Ooh, Vita joins yesterday's fire-poking party...

screenshot_original.jpg
    Finally, at three in the morning, Agnes and Molly gain enough sense to get to bed.

screenshot_original.jpg
    It does seem like Agnes is not Vita's favorite housemate.

screenshot_original.jpg
    And here's Vita, even though she's absolutely exhausted--doing laundry.

screenshot_original.jpg
    And here's Vita, even though she's even more tired than before--admiring herself in the mirror.

screenshot_original.jpg
    And here, instead of getting a good night's sleep, she gets herself an Evil Strawberry Non-Fat Cappucino.

screenshot_original.jpg
    And here's Iqbal, being all boring and getting himself a Plain Coffee.

[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/422/404/011/00/screenshot_original.jpg "height=100"[/img]
    Vita and Iqbal are still exhausted, but now cannot sleep. :evil: Now what did that accomplish?

screenshot_original.jpg
    Here's all the good Sims, who went to sleep on time! Yay!

Okay, new score system: Sims do well, and I give them one point. If a Sim has five points and is about to die, I will save them.

~~~~~~~~~~SCORE SO FAR~~~~~~~~~~

Iqbal: 0, Molly: 1, Vita: 0, Agnes: 1, Marty: 1, Cycl0n3: 1, Madison: 1.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, while I'm changing rules, I may as well change another (please bare with me, this is my first time ever doing a Sims 3 Challenge like this)

There may also be mini challenges that last only a day.

~~~~~~~~~~NEW DAILY CHALLENGE~~~~~~~~~~

At precisely ten in the morning, no matter how many Sims are sleeping or otherwise occupied, I will place a "Point Farmer: The Story of Grant Rodiek" book (546 pages) in each Sim's personal inventory. I will not tell them to read the book, they will have to figure that out on their own. The first Sim to finish the book completely will get two points; the second Sim to finish will get one point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I place the books in the inventories... and at the exact same time, Vita and Iqbal's caffeine wears off.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Unfortunately, at exactly 10:08, a fire starts, and since Cycl0n3 had been poking the fire a few Sim minutes before, he was standing directly in front of the fireplace and caught on fire.

[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/362/410/011/00/screenshot_original.jpg "height=300"[/img]
    Cycl0n3 starts panicking, which is definitely understandeable because "Contrary to poular belief, being on fire is not healthy and can lead to symptoms including panic, burns, and death."

screenshot_original.jpg
    However, that does not explain why Cycl0n3 now thinks that he can karate chop the flames to make the fire go away.

screenshot_original.jpg
    And yet again, Molly whips out a fire extinguisher and tries to save her housemate.

[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/310/418/011/00/screenshot_original.jpg[/img Cycl0n3 is now completely engulfed in flames, and, at the worst possible time, Molly seems to have completely forgotten how to operate the fire exinguisher.[/img]screenshot_original.jpg
    Agnes, Madison, and Vita are just staring at the flames, looking like they could not care less.

screenshot_original.jpg
    While Cycl0n3 is still trying to put out his pants, Madison and Agnes grab hot dogs, Iqbal goes to get a (still plain) coffee, Vita just stands there and the rest think about chairs.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Cycl0n3 is engulfed in flames again, and then the Sims start caring again and rush back. According to his moodlet, Cycl0n3 only has 26 Sim minutes left efore he dies, unless someone extinguishes him completely before that (which, let's face it, is highly unlikely).

screenshot_original.jpg
    Then, another fire starts in the kitchen! :shock:

screenshot_original.jpg
    Molly leaves poor Cycl0n3, preffering to save her beloved coffee and microwave. None of the other Sims try to extinguish Cycl0n3, and he only has 8 Sim minutes left....

screenshot_original.jpg
    Only 2 Sim minutes left.... :(

screenshot_original.jpg
    Sadly, Cycl0n3 expires. He is the second to die.

screenshot_original.jpg
    And then Molly catches fire! (But she does seem to like it :hunf: )

screenshot_original.jpg
    However, she quickly somehow extinguishes herself.

screenshot_original.jpg
    The ghost of Cycl0n3 (He died in his pajamas).

screenshot_original.jpg
    The Grim Reaper has not even left from picking up Cycl0n3, and already there is another fire, Madison being the victim. (Well, at leas the Grim Reaper won't have to make two trips :roll: )

screenshot_original.jpg
    And yet again, Molly is the only one to rush to the rescue.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Molly has finally succeeded in saving someone! (I'll give her a point :) ) While the Reaper did say "Ooh fire! I'll grab a sandwich and come back in a bit. I do hate reaping on an empty stomach." he will not need to come back because Madison, though singed, is alive.

Iqbal: 0, Molly: 2, Vita: 0, Agnes: 1, Marty: 1, Madison: 1.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

screenshot_original.jpg
    Vita, instead of going to sleep in bed, passes out on the ground. :evil:

screenshot_original.jpg
    And Marty, instead of eating the leftovers, like everyone else, again decides to make his own meal. :evil:

screenshot_original.jpg
    And Madison, instead of taking a shower, checks out her exploded-looking self in the mirror. :evil:

screenshot_original.jpg
    And then Madison goes to scare Molly. I understand Molly's fright completely...

screenshot_original.jpg
    ...Except for the fact that Madison is actually hidden behind a wall, and Molly cannot even see her.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Iqbal also passes out.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Then, finally, six and a half hours after the start of the daily challenge to read the book, Agnes catches on and pulls out the book.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Unfortunately, almost immediately after Agnes gets the book, a fire starts in the kitchen and interrupts Agnes.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Finally, someone other than Molly is the one who has to battle the flames.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Thankfully, Marty controls the fire before it kills anyone, so he can head to the bathroom in peace.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Even after all this, Molly has learned nothing.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Agnes is persistent, and she pulls out her book. (However, Vita interrupts her before she can start reading :evil: )

screenshot_original.jpg
    But Agnes does not let Vita distract her! Right after Vita goes away, Agnes settles down on the bed and starts reading. I think Agnes deserves a point for that!

Iqbal: 0, Molly: 2, Vita: 0, Agnes: 2, Marty: 1, Madison: 1.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

screenshot_original.jpg
    Iqbal passes out again.

screenshot_original.jpg
    So does Vita.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Vita finally goes to bed.

screenshot_original.jpg
    So does Iqbal... *gasp* They're copying eachother! :shock:

screenshot_original.jpg
    Agnes reading was interrupted, but she resumes it outside.

[imghttp://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/493/419/011/00/screenshot_original.jpg
    For whatever reason, Marty feels the need to turn on the stereo--waking up Vita and Iqbal--just to collect the laundry.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Gunther calls Vita over the cell phone and Vita talks to him--the first time anyone marooned on the "island" has had any communication with the outside world since being teleported there.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Marty is the second to start reading the book, eleven hours after receiving it.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Almost the entire two days she has been here, Madison has been making faces to herself in the mirror.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Iqbal is the third to start reading.

[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/645/419/011/00/screenshot_original.jpg[/img It is now the end of day two, and no one has finished the book yet, though Agnes is close. I will give them until ten o'clock in the morning the next day to finish (a total of 24 hours).[/img]
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    nuuuu! Cliffhanger!!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Gatorade3 wrote:
    nuuuu! Cliffhanger!!
    Not any more :) I finished putting up the rest of Week 1 Day 2 :D
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I really like this :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    WEEK 1 DAY 3

screenshot_original.jpg
    Agnes is the first one to finish her book, half an hour after Week 1 Day 3 begins. She gets 2 points :)

Iqbal: 0, Molly: 2, Vita: 0, Agnes: 4, Marty: 1, Madison: 1.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

screenshot_original.jpg
    After putting down the book to do some laundry, Marty picks it up again.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Madison is finally taking he shower, but seems to have forgotten her pixelation... :hunf:

screenshot_original.jpg
    Round of applause for Marty! He has finally decided to stop wasting food and eat some leftovers!!

screenshot_original.jpg
    It's just before four o'clock in the morning, and all the Sims are terrible exhausted... and a fire starts in the kitchen.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Iqbal goes to put out the flames!

screenshot_original.jpg
    Vita passes out again, though I took this screenshot while she was falling, so it looks like she's doing some weird dance....

screenshot_original.jpg
    Iqbal also passes out, but he does it in the bathroom.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Now everyone is getting coffee.

screenshot_original.jpg
    And... another fire starts.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Molly gets the fire extinguisher....

screenshot_original.jpg
    But she's spraying THROUGH Madison.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Agnes and Marty pass out as soon as Molly finishes extinguishing the fire.

myMedia.html?action=default&persona=51398
    Molly also passes out... right next to the bed.

screenshot_original.jpg
    However, she is soon woken up by the stereo and proceeds to do... I don't know what.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Madison goes to sleep.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Vita turns the stereo on, waking Madison up.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Agnes picks up her book to read it for the second time, but it is nearly 10:00 and I will soon be taking it away...

screenshot_original.jpg
    I take away the books. Oh, and another fire starts.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Molly puts out the fire while Agnes, Iqbal, and Marty scream and point at the fire (Madison and Vita are off-screen because the fire started while they were in the bathroom--not looking at themselves in the mirror this time, if you know what I mean...)

screenshot_original.jpg
    Unfortunately, it seems like someone was cooking something in the microwave and left it to scream at the fire, so the oven caught on fire, as well.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Their oven is now charred and useless. However, they still have a microwave and fridge (and of course, the infamous coffee machine) so they probably won't starve--but who knows, these Sims are pretty stupid, at least one of them will probably find a way...

screenshot_original.jpg
    Marty passes out... with his eyes open.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Yet another fire starts.

screenshot_original.jpg
    A counter us set on fire. The kitchen is literally going down in flames.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Synchronized dancing! (Marty's just looking off like "whaaaa-?")

screenshot_original.jpg
    Molly saved the counter!

screenshot_original.jpg
    Madison literally fallse asleep... While another fire starts in the bedroom.

TO BE CONTINUED...
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Again with the fire xD Jeez, I think everyone's gonna burn to death.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I miss this D:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Gatorade3 wrote:
    I miss this D:
    Sorry, I've been super busy :(
    I did get in another part of Week 1 Day 3, and I will probably put up some more over the weekend :)