Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The one thing that ruins the game...

R_MoorcroftR_Moorcroft Posts: 41 New Member
Is the frigin taxis!!!

I meen what is the point of buying your own car, if you can jus walk outside and a taxi is magically waiting there for you. Ready to take you anywhere in the city in 5 seconds for no amount of money.

It allows you to get to all those great places in the city effortlessly.

I think to get a taxi you would have to phone one up and it costs $20. It should also take about 20 (Sim) minutes to get to you.
This would allow sim owned cars to be more useful, and allow athletic sims to jog to places (They already can but it'd be more useful.)

Plz tell me if this is a bad idea. The one excuse I will NOT accept is "OMG you are going to make the game to hard!!! For my little billy, who wants to get to level 10 in the music career in 2 days and go wherever he wants!!!"

PS. It doesn't really ruin the game, it just makes you wonder.

Comments

• Options
    ChOm1ChOm1 Posts: 294 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I totally agree!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    ChOm1 wrote:
    I totally agree!
    Thx
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited July 2009
    I disagree . the Taxi is still rather slow in comparison to most ownable cars
  • Options
    ZombieScout13ZombieScout13 Posts: 417 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Yup, I agree as well. Its so annoying forking out, what, $100,000 on a car and then they catch a taxi :?

edit** I can't spell haha
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I disagree . the Taxi is still rather slow in comparison to most ownable cars

I know that.

But the problems are it costs no money and it come instantly.
    Also instead of sims taking there own cars, they just catch a taxi?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yup, I agree as well. Its so annoying forking out, what, $100,000 on a car and then they catch a taxi :?

edit** I can't spell haha

Lol. Its just weird is it not?
  • Options
    Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited July 2009
    It's swings and roundabouts...

Yes, it should probably cost you money, but do we really want to wait an arbitrary amount of time for it to arrive?

I mean, if your sim goes jogging with their sports car in their inventory, they can stop jogging at any point and drive off...

I don't really think it "ruins" the game though :wink:
  • Options
    SlinkyScrapSlinkyScrap Posts: 1,551 Member
    edited July 2009
    I just think it's funny that they can actually PUT their sportscar in their inventory. Those are some big pockets!
  • Options
    MarioSim05MarioSim05 Posts: 1,567 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Well, to be honest, I like it how it is. Easy access and free.

However, I wouldn't mind if they added a small fee for using the taxi cabs. Maybe like you said $20, but I strongly disagree with the idea that we should have to use the phone for the taxi to come. It would just be annoying, although since the taxi does just magically appear in front of your house, maybe it wouldn't be too bad. Though I'd rather not have to make a call. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AsegaiAsegai Posts: 79 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Is the frigin taxis!!!

I meen what is the point of buying your own car, if you can jus walk outside and a taxi is magically waiting there for you. Ready to take you anywhere in the city in 5 seconds for no amount of money.

It allows you to get to all those great places in the city effortlessly.

I think to get a taxi you would have to phone one up and it costs $20. It should also take about 20 (Sim) minutes to get to you.
    This would allow sim owned cars to be more useful, and allow athletic sims to jog to places (They already can but it'd be more useful.)

Plz tell me if this is a bad idea. The one excuse I will NOT accept is "OMG you are going to make the game to hard!!! For my little billy, who wants to get to level 10 in the music career in 2 days and go wherever he wants!!!"

PS. It doesn't really ruin the game, it just makes you wonder.

I do find it a bit annoying that the animation has changed for driving one's car to and fro. But I don't seem to be having any trouble getting my sims to use their own autos.

I simply click on the auto and select from the resulting pie chart. Then they go out to the street and click their remotes and his/her car appears, and whoosh off they go.

In fact, when it's time for them to go to work, if I can click on their car before the carpool comes, then they will ignore the carpool in favor of their own car.

Does it not work this way for everybody else?

P.S. I have run into a glitch, where upon being instructed to 'Go Home' they will once in a while drive all the way into the livingroom. But that's another story.
  • Options
    JavuzJavuz Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I am not angry about the taxi
    just the **** carpool still appearing when I set my sim as car owner (so he takes the carpool and not his owned car)
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited July 2009
    I love the free taxis. It means I don't have to buy my sims cars.
    Being from NYC, it makes perfect sense to me (except for the free part). :)
  • Options
    SweetSarcasimSweetSarcasim Posts: 44 New Member
    edited July 2009
    OMG
    I thought it was just me who felt that way.
    Seriously, if you drive your own car to the park, you should be able to drive it back to your house.

It defeats the purpose of having a car.
    If that was the case, then no one would need cars.
    We'd just use Taxis to get around.

They should have just made a place on side the rode for the cars to park, like in reality.
    When the Sim is done in that place, they can just get in their car and leave elsewhere.

• Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Yes, it does become a bit confusing when your sim goes out on which mode of transportation it will be. Some times my sim leaves on a bike but returns in the taxi. I’ve never had my sim automatically drive his/her own car so they are kind of pointless.
  • Options
    OmallyCtOmallyCt Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    is that the CD is so slender mine is already chipping away at the center and i have not even been rough with it infact i put it in its case evry time i use it .Im were it will back before the years over.
  • Options
    Ceeecee3Ceeecee3 Posts: 789 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The taxi and the carpool are both
    annoying if you have your own car.